Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Think about this :
goalie Matt Villalta and winger Ryan Roth were free agents.
Defenceman Mac Hollowell was a 12th-round draft choice while winger Keeghan Howdeshell was plucked in the 10th round.
How about Jack Kopacka drafted in the eighth round?
And Morgan Frost, Connor Timmins and Hayden Verbeek were all plucked in the fourth round of the OHL draft.now thats how you draft

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
They didn't put out their usual effort. These games are meaningless for them. Still don't want to go into the playoffs on a bad note. I see a better outing against the Rangers

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
The Soo coach also said with any loss, there's a chance to learn something.
"We'll have to be better going into the playoffs,” he added. HEY COACH YOU THINK LOL

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
So 5 on 5 the Hounds scored 4 Goals and Kitchener just got 1 and 2 on the PP , you have to keep out of the box
Good game last night hounds played well enough to win I think I would rather see Kitchener in round 3 if we make it I no they have some good players that can hurt us but give me katchouk over anybody when we play Kitchener. He seems to elevate his game when he plays them he can be dominant when he is engaged

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The Greyhounds have not lost a game to the Midwest Division yet. We'll see if that continues through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Good bounce back game last night. A lot of great defensive plays in their own end breaking up a lot of scoring chances for the rangers.. sticks in lanes, blocked shots etc.. The Rangers hardly generated much of a threat 5 on 5.. Game could’ve gone another way with Brown and Smith in the lineup but all in all a successful game against a top team in the CHL

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
I don't think they realize the game is 60 minutes ,and plus they did not come out ready to play and that i will give the fault to the coach .you gotta make sure your players are ready to play

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Just a thought, why not try Katchouk, Hayton and Gettinger in the shoot out. The guys they use try to stickhandle to much and don’t shoot

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Crickets crickets where did everybody go I know they had a bad game but still don’t Go in hiding:help:
I thought they deserved a better fate.. Two giveaways right in front of their net led to two goals.. I think one goal went in off of a Hounds defenceman. Clean those up and its a 2 or 3 goal win for them. Alot of time spent in their zone, at points the Attack were just flipping the puck out to the neutral zone for air. Credit to Lafreniere, he played outstanding.. They got some pretty talented players there as well.. Its a good game to look back on if they meet them in the future

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I thought they deserved a better fate.. Two giveaways right in front of their net led to two goals.. I think one goal went in off of a Hounds defenceman. Clean those up and its a 2 or 3 goal win for them. Alot of time spent in their zone, at points the Attack were just flipping the puck out to the neutral zone for air. Credit to Lafreniere, he played outstanding.. They got some pretty talented players there as well.. Its a good game to look back on if they meet them in the future
Not to worried about today’s game can take a couple positive things out of this .
Timmins is starting too look like he is getting back into game mode just in time.
Howdeshell is looking to be a force along the boards.
Vilalta with that amazing stick save and frosty with that highlight real goal and they did make a good comeback to get another point and set the all time points record by a Hounds team. They will be ready come playoff time I am hoping for Guelph

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
As a Canadian hockey fan i wish the Hockey Canada approach to ANY international tournament would be simple...."we're either going to win OR lose in the overtime." Forget the shootout we're going to pressure the puck and either we score in the first minute or we give up a breakaway the other way....either way NO SHOOTOUT!!!! :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad