Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
Anthony Demeo quietly having a very solid year.......Like what he brings to the table.......Looking for Hayden Verbeek to be a stud in the playoffs......been quite the breakout year for him!!!

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Anthony Demeo quietly having a very solid year.......Like what he brings to the table.......Looking for Hayden Verbeek to be a stud in the playoffs......been quite the breakout year for him!!!
Absolutely he is the kind of defence man that no one really notices out there and that usually is a good thing not flashy rarely makes mistakes doesn’t get many points but very steady and Verbeek is just fun to watch 110% every shift all ways making things happen don’t really know how many goals Gettinger would have this season if it was not for him doing all the heavy lifting

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Absolutely he is the kind of defence man that no one really notices out there and that usually is a good thing not flashy rarely makes mistakes doesn’t get many points but very steady and Verbeek is just fun to watch 110% every shift all ways making things happen don’t really know how many goals Gettinger would have this season if it was not for him doing all the heavy lifting
If Verbeek is not voted for fastest skater or hardest working player this year I will run down queen street naked lol

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
If Verbeek is not voted for fastest skater or hardest working player this year I will run down queen street naked lol
After posting this I just read Brock’s post and he has Verbeek as 1st in hardest working category so if this is true I guess I don’t have to run down queen street naked lol

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
You can always change your mind on the Queen Street thing!!! Lol.........Verbeek is possibly the hardest working hound in the last 15 years.......Brandon McClain was was my all time favorite until Verbeek came along..........Verbeek is showing more offensive upside!

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
You can always change your mind on the Queen Street thing!!! Lol.........Verbeek is possibly the hardest working hound in the last 15 years.......Brandon McClain was was my all time favorite until Verbeek came along..........Verbeek is showing more offensive upside!
*MacLean was certainly a treat to watch, him and Desjardins worked magic on the PK back in the day...

Reactions: OHLfan200

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Stay posted
On a different note hounds don’t have much options for overages next season does anybody know if any of the hounds brass read these posts I know Peter Ruicci does that being said hounds should look to inviting local boy Austin Rowe next September. Everywhere he plays he is always the best player I know he played high school hockey for two years but so did a kid named Colin Miller and look at him now he is by far the best 98 player from the Soo unfortunately he got sick in his draft year and he never got a shot look at the Pilon twins now in Sudbury Rowe who also never got drafted.He has smarts like Frosty beautiful playmaker and can score just a thought

Reactions: OHLfan200

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
On a different note hounds don’t have much options for overages next season does anybody know if any of the hounds brass read these posts I know Peter Ruicci does that being said hounds should look to inviting local boy Austin Rowe next September. Everywhere he plays he is always the best player I know he played high school hockey for two years but so did a kid named Colin Miller and look at him now he is by far the best 98 player from the Soo unfortunately he got sick in his draft year and he never got a shot look at the Pilon twins now in Sudbury Rowe who also never got drafted.He has smarts like Frosty beautiful playmaker and can score just a thought

Because Rowe has never played a CHL game he is ineligible to play an overage season with anyone.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

We have Hollowell, Howdeshell, and Johnson set to come back. Sambrook is another possibility as well.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
it was true he was sent home at the end of last week i was just told so he must be back
Likely was back home for other reasons than, players aren't usually sent home for being late to practice, maybe benched a game or two depending on the severity but Trott is rotated in and out of the lineup anyways

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
on another note. Sarnia and Kitchener played last night. It got pretty nasty. Apparently Giovanni Smith tossed a linesmen aside to get after Hatcher from
Sarnia. Could be facing a lengthy suspension. I guess both teams are not fond of one another or setting the stage for a second round playoff battle as
both teams know they are likely to face one another. Hopefully for the hounds it is a long seven game series because if the hound make it to the third round there
opponent will be either Kitchener or Sarnia.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
on another note. Sarnia and Kitchener played last night. It got pretty nasty. Apparently Giovanni Smith tossed a linesmen aside to get after Hatcher from
Sarnia. Could be facing a lengthy suspension. I guess both teams are not fond of one another or setting the stage for a second round playoff battle as
both teams know they are likely to face one another. Hopefully for the hounds it is a long seven game series because if the hound make it to the third round there
And I think Sarnia had a bad game last night I know they are better then that Plus they had a player or 2 out of the line up

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London

These teams will kill each other in the second round if it happens. They play again next week and I expect much of the same from the last 2 tilts. Through the chaos of penalties, it is some amazing hockey. Match up of this years playoffs I think.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Verbeek is fun to watch; and as good as he is, I still think that he's underrated. That could very well be due to all the star-power on the Hounds. But as for 'fastest skater'--I'd say, no question, it's Formenton.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Verbeek is fun to watch; and as good as he is, I still think that he's underrated. That could very well be due to all the star-power on the Hounds. But as for 'fastest skater'--I'd say, no question, it's Formenton.
Yes It is Formrnton so the means Soo Hound girl I will see you on Queen street hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad