Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

93MemCup

Apr 10, 2014
I agree TOTALLY that some players are disinterested as evident in their play. We may have speed and skill but other teams are OUTWORKING us and at times we are lucky to win games. We cannot continue playing like this because teams like Kingston, Sarnia and Owen Sound will definitely beat us in a series. Maybe Bannister needs to restructure his lines and Raftis needs to bring in a top 6 forward or a top 4 defenceman here for Raaymakers earlier the better. It also seems to me that Connor Timmins played more consistently last year than he is currently playing and Jack Kopacka for a late cut by the Ducks is not playing to par.
If we can put everything together and play on 8 cylinders we can definitely be contenders rather than pretenders!
Definitely liked the team's effort vs Kitchener, as they matched the intensity and we're definitely engaged in the game. That being said the effort was NOT there Sunday vs a team playing their third on the Northern swing. A 4-2 lead was simply squandered and play got very individualistic ! Some very poor decisions by veteran players putting the puck where it simply cannot go! This constant back-passing has to stop evidenced by passes getting picked off and odd man rushes going the other way. The cross ice pass at the blue line by Gettinger cannot happen, resulted in two on one and goal! Ottawa gets full credit, contesting every puck and in the faces of all the Hound puck carriers! This game was allowed to slip away to a much hungrier team!

ivegotyour6

Sep 12, 2008
That is correct

That is incorrect. We acquired the rights to Michael Schumacher from Owen Sound in the Catenacci deal several years ago. Also, Landeskogs rights were traded from Plymouth to Kitchener before he played a game in the O.

The only players that fall under that stipulation are those drafted in rounds 2+ from the previous spring. Only players selected in the first round are allowed to be traded.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
So where is this big beautiful trade that was so definite? And where is the European who was almost here??

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
That is incorrect. We acquired the rights to Michael Schumacher from Owen Sound in the Catenacci deal several years ago. Also, Landeskogs rights were traded from Plymouth to Kitchener before he played a game in the O.

The only players that fall under that stipulation are those drafted in rounds 2+ from the previous spring. Only players selected in the first round are allowed to be traded.
This import rule was brought in about 3 seasons ago after those other trades were made.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette‏Verified account @RyanatLFPress 4m4 minutes ago

Mark Hunter and Corey Perry named honourary co-chairs for
Hockey Canada Foundation gala and golf fundraiser in London June 18-19, 2018.

potvin29

Apr 9, 2012
http://soogreyhounds.com/article/hounds-acquire-johnson-trio-of-picks-from-knights

Soo Greyhounds General Manager Kyle Raftis announced this afternoon that he has completed a deal with the Midwest Division’s London Knights.

As part of the transaction the Greyhounds receive goaltender TYLER JOHNSON along with Flint’s 2nd Round Pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, London’s 2nd Round Pick in the 2023 OHL Priority Selection and London’s 4th Round Pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection (conditional).

In return, London receives goaltender Joseph Raaymakers.

Reactions: HF92

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Deal is done here it is

‪The London Knights have acquired goalie Joseph Raaymakers from the Soo Greyhounds for goalie Tyler Johnson, two 2nd round picks and a conditional 4th round pick.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Told you guys

Cobonora not part of deal because we have something else happening in works , That's what hold up was. Patience :)

Sandin confirmed too.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Someone look up how many minutes Colton White has in AHL right now ?

According to both EliteProspects and the Binghampton Devils site the Devils have played 3 games thus far.....and Colton White has not played a single minute of those games. In comparison Blake Speers has played all 3 of those games with said Devils getting 1 assist thus far. Maybe i'll get my wish? :D

Until we see him suited for us i'll hold my breath, but i will say i think the Hounds NEED him far more than we needed Carbonara. That's not intended to be a slight to him just that we need help at D!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
A top 4 of Timmins, Carroll, Hollowell and White helps this team out, takes the pressure off Timmins and Carroll to not have to carry the whole D on their shoulders.

The unknown is of course Sandin and how he'd fit in? Will he be someone this team can count on by the stretch run and playoffs? A Center to help take the pressure off Frost and Hayton would be where i'd look next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad