Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Can any one tell me why the ice cleaners bring out a 15 gallon pail to pick up 2 ounces of snow? Don't they know how ridiculous it looks.
I haven't seen a full shovel full of snow yet. It's not ice cleaning like the big leagues where they clean the entire ice surface.
Hahaha be sure to put in a complaint about what the ice cleaners are using to pick up the snow. I’m sure your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
All jokes aside. How does everyone think the Greyhounds perform without Katchouk and Timmins this week?

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Wow. Trying not to get excited about this potential addition, but again I say.....Wow!
If we get White back and Kupari ,overage and import check .Might not have to make any trades bad news for everybody especially the sellers I feel like we are the new London Knights

Reactions: count35

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Perhaps the Hounds would still try to trade for Raddysh to complete their team, and if the asking price was too high move onto someone else....or as stated above stand pat. Anyway you look at it, it’s an exciting time for sure! :D

Reactions: soo hound girl

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If we get White back and Kupari ,overage and import check .Might not have to make any trades bad news for everybody especially the sellers I feel like we are the new London Knights
Have to be careful of someone else not picking up key players - if you don't pull a couple of key players in somebody else might - no chance this will happen but imagine if Sarnia gets Day, Brown, Raddysh and Luchuk, it would change everything. Better to at least pull in one player to ensure your competitor does not - Raddysh or Brown and maybe Day would be a good get ( at least one of them).

Reactions: OHLfan200

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Have to be careful of someone else not picking up key players - if you don't pull a couple of key players in somebody else might - no chance this will happen but imagine if Sarnia gets Day, Brown, Raddysh and Luchuk, it would change everything. Better to at least pull in one player to ensure your competitor does not - Raddysh or Brown and maybe Day would be a good get ( at least one of them).
I personally think at the end of the day London will be our biggest threat if they add a couple of pieces look out and the Raymakers trade could come back and haunt us but I still see us making at least ONE trade

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
rumours starting to circulate White may be returning to the team...
I can't see it...think of the money...why would White give up $600 US a week to get a food allowance of $500 a month...just doesn't make sense. Would the Hounds be on the hook for the ECHL salary?

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I can't see it...think of the money...why would White give up $600 US a week to get a food allowance of $500 a month...just doesn't make sense. Would the Hounds be on the hook for the ECHL salary?
I think White would still somehow get paid though from either the ECHL/AHL/NHL club...it's not entirely his decision I believe anyways

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Sarnia doesn't have that full of a cupboard to be able to pull off that many deals

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sorry to invade your thread, but the only way anyone catches you guys is if you trade for some big names that totally mess up your team chemistry and Villalta performs in the playoffs with last years 4.20 GAA rather than his regular season 2-something

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
wishfull thinking but this is what I want the hounds line-up to look like after the trade deadline :
Forwards :
Katchoek Frost T. Raddysh
Kupari Hayton Kopacka
Howdeshell Verbeek Gettinger
J. Carroll Roth McKay
Defense :
C. White V. Mete
Timmins Sandin
N. Carroll Hollowell
Goalies :
Vilalta
Johnson

Reactions: PuckLife

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I wouldn't want to pay for mete when our defence is fine. I'd rather add a power forward or centreman that can win faceoffs instead of what we would have to pay for mete. As long as we are adding raddysh lol

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Colton White's status is unchanged from the beginning of the year according to a person with the Greyhounds. These rumours are simply an educated guess from a hockey writer.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Would the Hounds tell the public, though? If someone that's trusted brings up a player, I'm inclined to believe them.

I'm not being lied to if that's what you're implying. I'm often informed of transactions before the public knows, but this one is no secret.

Reactions: HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad