Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
That is incorrect. We acquired the rights to Michael Schumacher from Owen Sound in the Catenacci deal several years ago. Also, Landeskogs rights were traded from Plymouth to Kitchener before he played a game in the O.

The only players that fall under that stipulation are those drafted in rounds 2+ from the previous spring. Only players selected in the first round are allowed to be traded.

You have to wait a year after being drafted in the import draft before your rights can be traded. You don't have to play for a season, it's a year since being drafted you have to wait. So Sandin couldn't be moved this year

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
To London
  • Joseph Raaymakers
To Sault Ste. Marie
  • Tyler Johnson
  • Flint’s 2nd Round Pick in 2019 OHL Priority Selection
  • London’s 2nd Round Pick in 2023 OHL Priority Selection
  • Conditional London’s 4th Round Pick in 2020 OHL Priority Selection
    • If Joseph Raaymakers plays one regular season or playoff game in his overage season (2018-2019) Sault Ste. Marie will receive the pick.
Hounds trade 98 Joseph 6-1 186 lb for
London trade 98 Tyler 6-3 185 lbs HUMMMM

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
I think the Soo missed the boat waiting around for a trade deal involving Carbonara when they should have been working a deal to get Kole Sherwood from Flint
When you snooze you loose.

The Kitchener Rangers announced today they have acquired right winger Kole Sherwood from the Flint Firebirds.
In exchange, the Firebirds will receive:
  • 2nd round pick (KIT) in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection
  • 2nd round pick (SSM) in 2020
  • 3rd round pick (KIT) in 2021 and
  • 5th round pick (KIT) in 2020

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I think we could have gotten more for Raaymakers but it is what it is. Couldn't let him sit at home for much longer.

Sandin coming over is a big plus. I think he will help out a lot. I think we need to try to get another top end dman if we want to go for it.

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
I think we could have gotten more for Raaymakers but it is what it is. Couldn't let him sit at home for much longer.

Sandin coming over is a big plus. I think he will help out a lot. I think we need to try to get another top end dman if we want to go for it.
To bad Colton White hasn't been returned to the Sault. He hasn't played any hockey for Binghamton Devils and we could sure use him as an over aged 40 plus points. Wasted talent there.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
To bad Colton White hasn't been returned to the Sault. He hasn't played any hockey for Binghamton Devils and we could sure use him as an over aged 40 plus points. Wasted talent there.

I'm hoping that the Devils see their way to let White play a full season here where he'll get top 4 minutes on a team that hopefully could play late into the spring!

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
K. Ranger fans are happy about acquiring Sherwood with his scoring ability and toughness up front. Next time the hounds play the Rangers at home on Nov 24th I'm sure will be a different game than the lucky Fri 13 game.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London

Sandin will be flying in tonight at 6pm

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
He hasn't played because of a broken wrist out six to eight weeks. Too bad he would be a great add to the hounds .

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
Well getting ready for hounds and Sudbury game. Hoping katchouk and Kopacka are going to actually be interested in playing. Looking pretty lazy last game .

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I'm always so pumped when the Greyhounds come to Sudbury but I'm often left disappointed.

What's with all of the soft touch passes, drop passes and plain blind passes? This team really struggles against an aggressive opponent like the Wolves.

Hopefully they turn it around in the 3rd. They were coming on stronger towards the end of the 2nd.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
What an embarrassing effort. The greyhounds are such a lazy team. Absolutely no hustle at all.

When Carroll coasted back for what he though was an automatic icing and Pilon sped past him to negate the call :eek:

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
What an embarrassing effort. The greyhounds are such a lazy team. Absolutely no hustle at all.

When Carroll coasted back for what he though was an automatic icing and Pilon sped past him to negate the call :eek:

I don't think they need to worry about making any big deals if they can't even be bothered to try. I know Sudbury came out hard against them and they couldn't get up for them so it looks good on them. Props to Sudbury for kicking the Hounds in the gut and proving you can't win JUST by showing up!

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
I really cannot understand how a Bannister coached team show so much disinterest in a game. As previously mentioned, there is very little effort put forth as a team. From the beginning of the year this team has NOT played a full 60 minute game but have still managed to record Ws. This will sooner or later catch up to the team. Also, I cannot understand how a team with so much speed and skill has displayed such a brutal power play. It is time that the coaching staff a closed door meeting to try a put all the players on the SAME page!

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
Everytime the hounds play they only play to the skill of the other team . Play Sudbury look like they should be in last play top teams look like should be first place. I don't get it , at this level these kids should be going 100% every game to get to the next level .

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
I really cannot understand how a Bannister coached team show so much disinterest in a game. As previously mentioned, there is very little effort put forth as a team. From the beginning of the year this team has NOT played a full 60 minute game but have still managed to record Ws. This will sooner or later catch up to the team. Also, I cannot understand how a team with so much speed and skill has displayed such a brutal power play. It is time that the coaching staff a closed door meeting to try a put all the players on the SAME page!
I agree, sure it's early in the season but this team is a good team yet fail to gel.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hounds could use a face off guy. And though few go harder after pucks than Pezzetta and the twins, getting beat to three icing calls in the last five minutes is just bad. The hounds D are a little skittish.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Hounds could use a face off guy. And though few go harder after pucks than Pezzetta and the twins, getting beat to three icing calls in the last five minutes is just bad. The hounds D are a little skittish.

I'm sure this kind of play won't continue for long. I mean everyone has a point where I'm sure they'd be embarassed for themselves and actually care about how crappy they look when they don't try right?

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
I'm sure this kind of play won't continue for long. I mean everyone has a point where I'm sure they'd be embarassed for themselves and actually care about how crappy they look when they don't try right?
I know for a fact the players don’t like to play for the coach

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
I think now that the trade stuff with J.R is overaover and the excitement of Sandin coming maybe this team will start to settle down and play as a team. Fingers crossed hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad