Sony PS5 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Has anyone come across any deals for the games themselves? Was thinking about getting Spiderman, godfall, and AC at launch, but it would nice not to pay full price on all 3. I'm not super worried about pre-ordering though as I can always just get a digital copy if I can't find a deal on physical copies.
Well, the simplest thing, although during covid maybe it's risky. Just to actually buy them physical full price, not digitally, beat them quickly, and post them on Kijiji for $60-70 when you're done with them. Ghost of Tsushima is still going for $60 on Kijiji.

You need a ps5 disc version for this though of course.

Unless Sony includes a discount code in the box, there probably won't be any discounts

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Well, the simplest thing, although during covid maybe it's risky. Just to actually buy them physical full price, not digitally, beat them quickly, and post them on Kijiji for $60-70 when you're done with them. Ghost of Tsushima is still going for $60 on Kijiji.

You need a ps5 disc version for this though of course.

Unless Sony includes a discount code in the box, there probably won't be any discounts

I did pay extra for the disc version, but beating them quickly isn't really an option given my work schedule and gaming habits. I wasn't terribly hopeful that there would be deals, but thought maybe there would be an e3 style deal where the more games you buy the cheaper they are.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I did pay extra for the disc version, but beating them quickly isn't really an option given my work schedule and gaming habits. I wasn't terribly hopeful that there would be deals, but thought maybe there would be an e3 style deal where the more games you buy the cheaper they are.

All three of those games look to be pretty big content-wise. Why not just pick one, buy it at full price, play the hell out of it, and then by the time you're done with it, one or both of the others will be available used or on sale.

I could see Godfall dropping in price quick, tho. Not feeling or seeing much hype for it, and it's in an overcrowded genre with two clear KINGS (Destiny and The Division). I could see stores looking to move stock on that one if it turns out to be a sales dud.

Reactions: Khelandros

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Quick is relative, it really depends on what the publisher does, if they discount it heavily, the price that you can sell for goes down. Like I said, Ghost of Tsushima is still going for $60 and flying off kijiji, that game is like 6 months old.

And as mentioned if your work schedule is super heavy, than one game will probably do you just fine.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Quick is relative, it really depends on what the publisher does, if they discount it heavily, the price that you can sell for goes down. Like I said, Ghost of Tsushima is still going for $60 and flying off kijiji, that game is like 6 months old.

And as mentioned if your work schedule is super heavy, than one game will probably do you just fine.

Oh, I definitely don't NEED more than one game, it's just that I have a new toy and I want to play with it a few different ways. My hours will drop from 60/week pretty soon, so I'll have more time to game, I'm just not really one to crush games in a timely matter. Living in a town of ~500 right now for work I don't believe the resale market is terribly strong anyway. I guess I'll just throw some of that OT money that's been piling up at it. Paying $235 for 3 games feels painful, but its well within my means.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Just saw a picture of what the adaptive triggers look like inside and damn there's no way I'm fixing one of those if they f*** up like the early DS4 triggers did.

And honestly games-wise I'm probably good with versions of Destiny 2 and Genshin that don't run like shit. I might not even get Demon's Souls right away.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Cross play really is a saving grace just for the launch. I remember for PS4 launch, a bad Battlefield was pretty much all there was to play. Looking forward to Destiny 2 being able to load menus and boot into the tower in less than 5 minutes.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Cross play really is a saving grace just for the launch. I remember for PS4 launch, a bad Battlefield was pretty much all there was to play. Looking forward to Destiny 2 being able to load menus and boot into the tower in less than 5 minutes.

Resogun was probably the most fun game on the PS4 at launch IMO

Reactions: JaegerDice

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Best buy Canada charging cards now, check your emails to make sure there's no issues with payment info.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Btw for all the talk of heat and noise, the disappearance of the power brick (yes I know Sony hasn't had it for years and years but the other consoles have) for an integrated PSU is kind of strange. Is the power brick cable that "uncool"?

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Btw for all the talk of heat and noise, the disappearance of the power brick (yes I know Sony hasn't had it for years and years but the other consoles have) for an integrated PSU is kind of strange. Is the power brick cable that "uncool"?
I wouldn't say uncool, but from what I recall it was definitely not popular.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Has anyone come across any deals for the games themselves? Was thinking about getting Spiderman, godfall, and AC at launch, but it would nice not to pay full price on all 3. I'm not super worried about pre-ordering though as I can always just get a digital copy if I can't find a deal on physical copies.

Yes, check target and amazon (if you are in the US).

I was able to get spider man and AC Valhalla for $49.99 each.

edit - looks like spider man is $49.99 from a bunch of stores and also right from PlayStation:

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Launch Edition - PS5 Game

AC Valhalla $49.94 at Walmart and Target (Edit- if you can order from either. Just noticed you might be in Canada. Sorry)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assassin...XRFvQuDmyY8KMUQvnQDtUpRu4vDofTxhoCsL8QAvD_BwE

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yes, check target and amazon (if you are in the US).

I was able to get spider man and AC Valhalla for $49.99 each.

edit - looks like spider man is $49.99 from a bunch of stores and also right from PlayStation:

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Launch Edition - PS5 Game

AC Valhalla $49.94 at Walmart and Target (Edit- if you can order from either. Just noticed you might be in Canada. Sorry)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assassin...XRFvQuDmyY8KMUQvnQDtUpRu4vDofTxhoCsL8QAvD_BwE
Spiderman is not on sale, thats the actual price. Its supposed to be really short.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Target Inventory Checker | PopFindr

Search your zip code and it should tell you of nearby Targets that will have local stock for launch day orders (you can only order from Target on launch day and order for pick up/curbside).

LoL, wow, a whole 10 or 20 PS5s they will have at the Targets around me, so basically zero percent chance to snag one, especially when you factor in you know the employees will somehow get first dibs.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
LoL, wow, a whole 10 or 20 PS5s they will have at the Targets around me, so basically zero percent chance to snag one, especially when you factor in you know the employees will somehow get first dibs.

Considering you have to order online and then you either can do pick up or curb side, there are no lines to be had. But give it a go, as I am.

Also:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Considering you have to order online and then you either can do pick up or curb side, there are no lines to be had. But give it a go, as I am.

Also:

Indeed i'll give it a shot, but not holding my breath. Does it specify what time for Target? Or is just just a mad rush to go online at midnight and hope for the best by clicking reload a million times?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
After metal gear survive, after they cancelled the Castlevania mobile game because people played without buying the microtransactions, does it really matter what Konami does? The pachinko machine culture has thoroughly permeated the company

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad