Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
How in the hell does one clean a PS4 these days? I can't even open the thing up anymore.

Clean as in.....?

Clean the fans? Clean the outside? Clean the ports? Clean the disk drive?.... All of the above?

Personally, I have never really needed to clean my consoles in the past few years. I guess I am just getting better at taking care of them. But I used to use compressed air to blow out my consoles (Be careful doing that, you don't want to spin fans the wrong way for extended periods of time and compressed air has enough force to possibly hurt internals) and just wipe down the outsides.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Dragon Ball beta emails are out. They sent me one to tell me that I didn't get in.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So seems like EPIC games "accidentally" allowed PS4 & XBOX1 crossplay on Fortnite with the latest Battle Royal update. They stated that they "fixed the bug" and now have disabled the crossplay :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anubis: ZOE (first two Zone of the Enders games) is getting a full PS4 remake with VR support.

Always loved these games. Great gameplay and I loved the sci-fi aesthetic.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
For some reason I have been so turned off by gaming for weeks now but I have a bit of a catalogue building up and theres a bunch of games coming out I want to get...

Gotta beat Hellblade and the Bio-Shock trilogy I bought a couple weeks ago. Still have to get Lost Legacy.

Shadow of War
Evil Within II
Horizon DLC

All coming out next month or early November

I have no idea why I'm just not into gaming right now :dunno:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So incase anyone wanted to play it, Fortnite will be releasing its Fortnite: Battle Royal to the PS4 next Tuesday. It will be FTP and will be a standalone game. Anyone who likes or wanted to play pubg but hasn't might want to check it out.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Never beat IX. I am hoping they have the 3x speed option like they did on the mobile version. I may give it a shot if they do.

They have the speed-up and a no-encounter feature. Played the first 15 minutes to see how it looked and the gameplay was pretty crisp.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Clean as in.....?

Clean the fans? Clean the outside? Clean the ports? Clean the disk drive?.... All of the above?

Personally, I have never really needed to clean my consoles in the past few years. I guess I am just getting better at taking care of them. But I used to use compressed air to blow out my consoles (Be careful doing that, you don't want to spin fans the wrong way for extended periods of time and compressed air has enough force to possibly hurt internals) and just wipe down the outsides.

I just want to get the fans clean. I am hoping that will make my console run quietly instead of sounding like a jet taking off.:nod:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
They have the speed-up and a no-encounter feature. Played the first 15 minutes to see how it looked and the gameplay was pretty crisp.

Nice will have to give this a try, never did finish FF9, but that was because the 3rd disc from the video store was damaged and I couldn't get it to get passed this one FMV.

Okay but when's FF8 though.

That is the dream would love to have a remaster of FF8

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Fortnite Battle Royale is fun. Obviously not as much detail as PUBG but it's good nonetheless in my opinion. Especially for it being free.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Fortnite Battle Royale is fun. Obviously not as much detail as PUBG but it's good nonetheless in my opinion. Especially for it being free.
I thought i posted yesterday but yep I agree. Found that I played around 10-15 rounds yesterday. Came in 1st my 4th game.

Playing with friends is a blast also. But for free? Currently there isn’t a shop or anything so nothing to buy. Seems to be totally free atm

EDIT: Seems like over 1 million people (don't know if at one time or total over whole day) were playing yesterday according to EPIC Games.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was playing it on PC but I played 3 matches in a row where I died in the first 30 seconds. Then I just gave up.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I was playing it on PC but I played 3 matches in a row where I died in the first 30 seconds. Then I just gave up.

really? I have been lucky enough. I don't jump out of the plane right away though. Seems like about 20-30 people jump out in the first 10 seconds where the field will narrow down real quick.

They did a good job optimizing it for PS4.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
really? I have been lucky enough. I don't jump out of the plane right away though. Seems like about 20-30 people jump out in the first 10 seconds where the field will narrow down real quick.

They did a good job optimizing it for PS4.
i jumped out early twice and pretty much in the middle the second time. I dont know how large PUBG is but the map for fortnite felt kind of cramped when i played. Somebody instantly picked up a weapon everytime and blew me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad