Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Thinking about purchasing a ps4 soon. I don't game often and enjoy the ability to just sit in my living room and play the game on a console rather then having to setup a pc to do it. I essentially play two games currently...NHL and COD.

Anyone have experiencing purchasing a refurb on amazon or elsewhere? looking for low cost but quality as well.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Thinking about purchasing a ps4 soon. I don't game often and enjoy the ability to just sit in my living room and play the game on a console rather then having to setup a pc to do it. I essentially play two games currently...NHL and COD.

Anyone have experiencing purchasing a refurb on amazon or elsewhere? looking for low cost but quality as well.

Just bought one. The biggest negative is that it doesn't support 5g wireless networks. No plans to upgrade it either.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Actually I take that back. I might get the Bioshock Collection. I've never played any of them but have heard they're pretty good.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Actually I take that back. I might get the Bioshock Collection. I've never played any of them but have heard they're pretty good.

Do that and be happy.

1 is an all-time great must-play, 2 is absurdly fun (though not as nuanced or memorable), and I still think Infinite was an amazing game if you can separate yourself from the hype (which, if you're playing it 4 years after the fact, I'd say you've done).

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently Uncharted Lost Legacy has some significant open world gameplay.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I never heard about that, seems they kept that under wraps a bit.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
From what I read there, it doesn't cost money. Its just a performance(framerate) increasing feature the ps4 pro is capable of (but xbox one x wont be). Some games will have it (Far Cry 5 and Wolfenstein 2) on PC, though I persoally doubt it will be on ps4 pro.

So I assume it will be downloadable ?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
So I assume it will be downloadable ?
No existing games have it and it sounds like something that will need to be built into new games and wont be patched in. I doubt it would make a night and day difference anyways.

Edit: So looking into it deeper, this is likely just an optimization tool to hit a target framerate. Especially because PS4 is not capable of it and developers develop for ps4 first and then the game gets a pro patch.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Anyone picking up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy? Reviews are starting to coming in an it seems to be rating pretty well http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/uncharted-the-lost-legacy/critic-reviews

I plan on getting it, either Tuesday or next month (I've got a game or two left to beat first so my catalog doesn't pile up too much)

Either way I will be getting it, looks amazing. Might even be better looking graphic wise than U4

Do that and be happy.

1 is an all-time great must-play, 2 is absurdly fun (though not as nuanced or memorable), and I still think Infinite was an amazing game if you can separate yourself from the hype (which, if you're playing it 4 years after the fact, I'd say you've done).

Yeah I found the deal and thought I should play through these because years ago they were very popular games and relatively well received

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I just ordered this today. Bioshock is one of the best games of all time. Haven't finished the second but I really enjoyed Bioshock: Infinite as its one of the most visually beautiful games I've ever played. The DLC is fun as well.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Do that and be happy.

I never liked the series, I played the first one and couldn't get through it. I found the story convoluted and felt the mechanics didn't offer anything that couldn't be found in any other 1st person shooter. But then again I tried playing it 5 years after it was released so the new things they introduced in the series could have easily been adopted by other series. But that is just me.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I finally beat orphan of kos. I basically had to memorize all of his moves by watching YouTube videos.

I don't think I'll ever beat Laurence but I'll give it my best shot.

By the way, can a new game + player play with a players from other playthroughs? If not it's another reason why souls games should get rid of stats and just have straight up item upgrades and maybe stamina and health. After that it's just skill.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I beat Laurence. I can die in peace.

Probably toughest thing I've done in a game. Supposedly him and orphan are much easier in the first playthrough but I unfortunately only faced them in new game plus

void

Jan 5, 2006
I beat Laurence. I can die in peace.

Probably toughest thing I've done in a game. Supposedly him and orphan are much easier in the first playthrough but I unfortunately only faced them in new game plus

If you want a real challenge you should try getting the platinum trophy. You might actually cry once you reach the defiled chalice dungeon. :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If you want a real challenge you should try getting the platinum trophy. You might actually cry once you reach the defiled chalice dungeon. :laugh:

Haven't finished the chalice dungeons but I'm pretty sure I'm badly overleveled. I'd have to see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad