Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Ok that makes sense. What about what to do to maximize the "free time".

I'm just doing that on my own. Going between confidants when I can as they appear, no real order or priority unless I need to raise a social stat in order to progress through one then I will spend free time by working that certain job or activity.

Doing mementos quests whenever I get them. Really the only time I use free time to go in there except for once to get some extra experience and money.

Do palaces as soon as you can so get more free time afterwards as certain people may not want to do things while that palace is still active.

Last edited:
Reactions: sa cyred

void

Jan 5, 2006
I wish I didn't hate anime as much as I do so I could try Persona 5. I've been close to buying the game a couple of times but I get instantly turned off as soon as I watch some gameplay videos.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I put in Persona 5 yesterday having never played a Persona game and put 8 straight hours into it. What a f***ing game.

Also I played the Monster Hunter beta and I can say that I've never been less impressed with a popular game series than I am by Monster Hunter.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So for the Persona 5 guys, I have had the game since preorder and for some reason never went for it (played the crap out of 4). Now the big question. Do you guys use a guide to see what the best thing to do is? Or do you just play and say "f it" and got for what you want to do? I am always conflicted.

With RPG’s my first play through is always guide free (unless I get truly stuck somewhere), then if a game is good enough I’ll use a walkthrough in my 2nd playthroufh to “do everything”.

I got Persona 5 early enough where a walkthrough wasn’t even an option, actually.

SolidSnakeUS said:
Persona 5 is god damn amazing.

Top 5 JRPG of all time IMO. At minimum.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I wish I didn't hate anime as much as I do so I could try Persona 5. I've been close to buying the game a couple of times but I get instantly turned off as soon as I watch some gameplay videos.

I've been able to tolerate one anime ever: FLCL half a lifetime ago. Anime acceptance is not a requirement to enjoy heavily Japanese games, at least not this one. I have contempt for the extreme majority of anime, to be honest, and Persona is still my favorite gaming series right now.

As for the JRPG thing...generally I'm anti-guide, especially on a game that doesn't even let you attempt to do everything in the first play-through...but for school answers and the like I don't fault anyone for looking up the questions. Lots of pure guesses for me the first time through, just due to where the questions originated from and who they're geared at.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yea pretty much every major release of the year was at least 50% off on Black Friday.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
I was out on a hunting trip during black friday week so I didn't get a chance to buy anything. Oh well, I'll get it next time, it'll just have to stay on my watch list for now.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
latest

Everyone needs more Catherine in their life.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Either the old hunters essence trophy is bugged or (what I suspect) I need to get every weapon in a single playthrough. If it's the first one, lame, if it's the second one, that's probably even lamer.

Edit: nevermind, there was a gun I forgot to buy

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I know not all of these will release in 2018, but with the new year around the corner, fun to see what next year will bring. Some pretty cool games look to be released next year. I know a few don't like the zombie scene (Day's Gone) or the Heavy Rain type of Games (Detroit) but seems like the list has everything from everyone.

The Biggest PS4 Games To Play In 2018

With the wife and I planning to have a kid, going to need to stock away some gaming money on the side :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad