Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Glad it's on Steam. Don't have to deal with the Windows store that way.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah it's a pretty easy game to run and apparently doesn't look much different between 720p and 4K so should be a cool game to play on laptop

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
October: Spooky
Friday the 13th: 2spooky
Evil Within 2, Friday the 13th, October: 2spooky4me

I've been craving a new horror/survival horror game since Outlast 2.
Here we go!!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
First hour plus of valkyria revolution so far has consisted of 10 minutes of mind numbingly easy tutorial mission and 50 minutes of decently voice acted somewhat interesting story.

Only problem is there is a plot twist i see coming 50 miles away. If im wrong ill eat my shoe but it looks like the maria character is going to end up being revealed to be the grim reaper villain

Edit: new spoiler tag formats but im not spoilinh anything so who cares. I dont even really know if im right.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I beat defiled chalice dungeon. Wasnt too hard. Like i said i was pretty overleveled.
Watchdog is very easy if you have bone ash armor and a fully leveled saw (i have no idea why sawed weapons give such a massive bonus against beasts it pretty much makes any other weapon pointless) and amygdala isnt too bad with a fully leveled ludwig holy blade. Still hes a nightmare to actually hit the weakpoints on. Might be the worst designed boss in soulsborne other than bed of chaos.

Hardest part was getting the materials. Somehow my bath messenger sells ritual blood 5 but not 4

Edit:Just realized theres two more defiled chalice dungeons. Yeesh

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So here's something GameStop is going to start doing next month, right before Black Friday comes around

DNJ5nOuWkAAl0hj.jpg

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Glad it's on Steam. Don't have to deal with the Windows store that way.
This is something I don't get... Whats so bad about the Windows store? I have a few games that are Xbox Play Anywhere which honestly - is awesome! I don't get why the store is so bad?

I currently have to have Steam, Origin, GOG, UPlay, Battle.Net...etc. Just to play all the PC games I want to. Windows store is super easy to use. You download your games and play them. No fancy friends list like every other platform feels they need that doesn't connect with all your other friends. Easy capture and sharing with ANY game (even non Windows store games). Every game has Xbox controller support. I kind of like it.

Anyways to keep this post PS4 relevant I got AC:O on PS4. Pretty dang excited to get home and play it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Windows store has two problems

1) it is known for having seriously throttled download speeds for days at a time, so if you're trying to download a large game, you might as well just cancel the download and try again in a week. Windows support will say it's a problem on your end but it's not, everyone will run into this problem.

2) Windows store games are known for having pretty bad stuttering. Supposedly they've fixed it but it was a huge issue even as recently as Forza Horizon 3

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That GameStop thing is interesting. Pretty good idea considering 2018 is going to be amazing. Other then that though there’s really no reason to get it, usually only two or three really good games a year and then just buy the rest you want for 40 or less anyway

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Cuphead looks cool and all, but the fact it's so difficult is basically a deal breaker. I have enough frustration in real life.

My 5 year old kid sees it on YouTube and wants us to get the game, I'm like yeah it looks cool. But I don't really want to deal with you smashing our controllers off the wall in level one and asking me to finish the level, kid who sat down and beat Arkham Asylum on his own at age 4. I feel like doing enough of that controller smash thing myself as an adult.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Young me would have broken quite a few controllers over Cuphead. It's a game adult me has no hope of ever completing with its difficulty, so...yeah, I get that :laugh:

YouTube let's plays would be great for a kid that age for a game like Cuphead. I'm just glad I have it on XBone so I have an excuse as to not play it when I'm with my nephews back east...they'd never respect me if they saw how bad I am at it :laugh:

I have a feeling that GameStop deal is going to be full of restrictions that basically make it useless...but if not it could be an interesting option.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sucker Punches game looked very cool

The Last of Us pt 2 also looked great. It seems like that was Ellie’s Mom in the trailer

The rest of the conference was alright. Give us some dates. Very surprised they didn’t date God of War. I assume they will date it at PSX

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Glad to see Detroit: Becoming Human (kinda) got a date. Looking forward to it. I was a huge Heavy Rain fan so this is right up my alley.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Open world samurai game looks cool

Whoever the insider guy is on twitter got wrong info. Psx definetely will be bigger.

God of war still looks cool cause of how Kratos is now. And SOC looks amazing updated

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Man do I love Sony. Hate to be that guy but so glad I switched over this generation.

They have got some monster exclusives coming out. Loved what I saw from Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War and of course TLOU2.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Man do I love Sony. Hate to be that guy but so glad I switched over this generation.

They have got some monster exclusives coming out. Loved what I saw from Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War and of course TLOU2.

Detroit: Becoming Human too ;)

Also not exclusive, but the new Monster Hunter will have an open beta on Dec 9. Also really cool, Alloy from Horizon Zero Dawn will be playable for PS4 players. That is awesome. She fits perfectly in the world.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Cage treating domestic abuse like it's a choose-your-own-adventure book. Detroit still looks as terrible and tone deaf as everything else QD has done.

But hey at least somebody found Sucker Punch.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah the more I see of Detroit the less I want to get it. I still have hope if it’s good I’ll get it. Hate the many different main characters

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Finally beat all the main chalice dungeons including defiled. Not really hard just tedious. Especially the last chalice dungeon it didn't cut your health in half not sure if it's always like that or I triggered something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad