Someone stood up for a teammate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This thread is hilarious.

We embarassed the ducks physically and on the scoreboard.

While perry and getzlaf were whining and frustrated, phaneuf and bernier were laughing at them.

I feel bad for the tankers reducing themselves to manufacturing any complaint they can dream up.

I stated in the GDT i was really disappointed that nobody stepped up but other than that, I couldn't ask for any more. It was a great game!

But I did not dream up our goalie getting crosschecked in the neck. It's a bit of a reach to say we're manufacturing a reason to get mad. That's a pretty legitimate reason to do so whether you agree with it or not

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Because he got destroyed? Perry was actually lying on the ice for awhile.

I mean, they should defend their 50 goal scorer... no? Isn't that what they should be doing, defending their players? And at the time, some speculated it was a head shot, but after the replay, it showed it wasn't. There's no way the players knew right away it was clean.

Talk about a bunch of softies.

See that is what happens when you don't stick up for your teammate... you lose... Polak sticks up for Bernier and we win... no one sticks up for Perry and they lose.... science irrefutably proves fightin' hockey is winnin' hockey....

:fight:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

While perry and getzlaf were whining and frustrated, phaneuf and bernier were laughing at them.

I feel bad for the tankers reducing themselves to manufacturing any complaint they can dream up.

With a loss last night they would have been in 28th place this morning.

Any "tanker" is clearly in a happy place.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:laugh: It's certainly an early contender for thread of the year.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Team is soft.

Goalie gets Cross checked in throat. No response from the team.

That was the only blemmish on an incredible game yesterday

Did we watch the same clip? There was definitely a response. I think the Neanderthals would have liked someone to physically hurt him, but what would that have accomplished really?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I'd rather the Leafs have the line up filled out with cheap reclamation players right now that could bring trade value for the draft picks/assets rather than a couple of guys who have no value but hit and fight.

Stupid Leaf management. We could have got Zac Rinaldo from Philly for only a 3rd round pick. Instead we're signing guys like PAP, Matthias & Boyle hoping to find some lost gems or turn them into draft picks.

We are in a rebuild, looking to build a team of talent laden players that could lead us to sustained Cup runs. Goons are easy to find. Leafs could sign me, guaranteed I could hurt Perry. Finding a goon is simple. One phone call & we'll have a fighter on the team, it's not needed though & that contract could do better for our team elsewhere.

I expect Leafs will toughen up as management forms their contender but it will be with harder to find "talented" tough players like Shanahan, Iginla, Tkachuk, Nolan & Verbeek. I would like to see a lineup that other teams would fear more but I want those players to have talent. Rinaldo is a joke, he probably had 100 kids in his GTHL age group hat were more talented, he's not the type of guy we need.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Fighting can sometimes be unnecessary but when your goalie gets cross checked like that then you have to send a message. There are certain things in a game that are a no-no and cross checking the goalie is one

I know we won but I would have liked to see Perry get beaten. I'm not advocating icing goons but we need a bit more grit (guys like Lucic) who can play hockey and fight
Phaneuf should be that guy, as a captain especially, but he's never willing aside from the random face washes

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The funny thing about this whole thread is that none of the Leafs even saw the crosscheck on Bernier. Watch the video again. Hunwick glances back twice, but both times it's immediately after the crosscheck. All he really would have seen was Bernier going down, and Perry standing there, obviously guilty of something. So he immediately goes at Perry, gets pulled away by another Ducks player, and everyone joins in.

But by far, the best part of the whole sequence was Perry making his escape. Once the linesmen jumped in to separate him and Rielly, Perry pulls away really fast. Almost as if he didn't want to get into it with any of our "soft" players.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The funny thing about this whole thread is that none of the Leafs even saw the crosscheck on Bernier.

So, with about 16 mins to go and the arena announcer highlights the slashing and cross checking penalties to Perry, do you think they knew then?

As for him not wanting to mess with Rielly or any of the Leafs… geez, really man? That's the summary you want to give?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So, with about 16 mins to go and the arena announcer highlights the slashing and cross checking penalties to Perry, do you think they knew then?

....seriously? How does the penalties being announced several minutes later have anything at all to do with how the team reacted to the cross-check when it happened?

As for him not wanting to mess with Rielly or any of the Leafs… geez, really man? That's the summary you want to give?

Again, watch the video. Look how quickly Perry gets out of there. If you want to tell yourself those are the actions of a man who's not trying to avoid a fight, go ahead.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
The funny thing about this whole thread is that none of the Leafs even saw the crosscheck on Bernier. Watch the video again. Hunwick glances back twice, but both times it's immediately after the crosscheck. All he really would have seen was Bernier going down, and Perry standing there, obviously guilty of something. So he immediately goes at Perry, gets pulled away by another Ducks player, and everyone joins in.

But by far, the best part of the whole sequence was Perry making his escape. Once the linesmen jumped in to separate him and Rielly, Perry pulls away really fast. Almost as if he didn't want to get into it with any of our "soft" players.

did you even read the thread or just post? This has been stated on numerous occasions. They all saw the jumbotron.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
did you even read the thread or just post? This has been stated on numerous occasions. They all saw the jumbotron.

Yes, they saw it on the jumbotron, after it happened. I'm talking about how the team reacted immediately. I'm not sure what is it you're not getting about that.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
....seriously? How does the penalties being announced several minutes later have anything at all to do with how the team reacted to the cross-check when it happened?

There was over half a period left when Perry got out of the box. By that time, everyone on the bench knew what happened.

And everyone on the bench, said ok.

All that's missing is the sternly worded letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad