Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Berglund was a winger, had nothing to do with Parise's development. Berglund was traded because of the depth along the wings and we needed a good centerman.

Parise projects more to the wing as far as i'm concerned. He doesn't have the size to be a center in this league and his faceoff ability, while serviceable, isn't great enough to prevent an eventual move to the wing. It's just a hunch of mine. I'm not sure if the Devils organization feels the same way, but that's the origin of my comments. I'm sure you'd have more insight into that than I do, has there been any talk of making that kind of switch? It seems inevitable to me.

Mizral said:
Recchi to Parise is one of the best comparisons ever made on this website, Caniac. Very good.

Thanks, Mizral. It appears as if it went over better than my Josef Vasicek = Poor Man Sundin venture. :D

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
I never said he hasn't been affected. All I'm saying is you don't what's going on in his head, that's all. My point is, his on ice play seems to indicate he has put some things behind him, but who knows for sure? People can put the past behind them you know.
Some things are impossible to just put behind them.

Unfortunately, he's had a horrible childhood (father) and it will affect him, that's all I'm saying. Hopefully it doesn't to the point where it will ruin his career, because he's a great player and seems to be a great guy off the ice.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Caniacforever said:
Parise projects more to the wing as far as i'm concerned. He doesn't have the size to be a center in this league and his faceoff ability, while serviceable, isn't great enough to prevent an eventual move to the wing. It's just a hunch of mine. I'm not sure if the Devils organization feels the same way, but that's the origin of my comments. I'm sure you'd have more insight into that than I do, has there been any talk of making that kind of switch? It seems inevitable to me.

Thanks, Mizral. It appears as if it went over better than my Josef Vasicek = Poor Man Sundin venture. :D
Parise projects to be a wing? I honestly have no clue why you would think that. Parise never played a different position in his life other then center and is really good on the faceoffs, I think he was 59% at the WJC this past January and near the same % in college.

Edit: Damn I want Vasicek on NJ :(

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Parise projects to be a wing? I honestly have no clue why you would think that. Parise never played a different position in his life other then center and is really good on the faceoffs, I think he was 59% at the WJC this past January and near the same % in college.

Edit: Damn I want Vasicek on NJ :(

Well, it's just a hunch that i've gotten watching Parise play. He would be able to better utilize his speed and natural finishing ability by playing on the wing. There are a few players that i've seen like that. Jeff O'Neill came in as a center and had three or four subpar seasons before making the switch to wing and finding his game. Josef Vasicek made the switch this year and had a lot better consistancy and production. That was because these players are more finish than playmaker, which is what I see in Parise. O'Neill takes offensive zone faceoffs quite a bit and Parise could find his niche there too. New Jersey is laden with faceoff players anyways. It's not very well founded, this assumption of mine, but i'm thinking it wll more than likely come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad