Confirmed with Link: Soderberg to Avs - 5yrs @ 4.75AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Don't watch much Boston hockey. Is he good defensively? That's what I'm most worried about with losing O'Reilly

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He was basically playing 3rd line minutes in Boston mostly. 50 point center is probably his upside. Backup for MacKinnon not succeeding at center, or ELITE #3C.

he got 2nd most avg ES ice time last season and 5th most pp time among bruins Fs. and form latter one was spooner who played 1/3 of the season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't watch much Boston hockey. Is he good defensively? That's what I'm most worried about with losing O'Reilly

He doesn't even approach ROR defensively... better than Duchene or MacK at this point.

he got 2nd most avg ES ice time last season and 5th most pp time among bruins Fs. and form latter one was spooner who played 1/3 of the season.

Krejci was hurt for a good part of last season where Soderberg was the #2 at that point. When Krejci and Bergeron were in the lineup, Soderberg was a clear #3 there.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I really liked him. He protects the puck well, soft hands and is a big boy. He's also a pretty patient guy with the puck.

You'll like him, I guarantee it.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think he is best suited on a 3rd line playing against weaker opposition. That's when he is the most effective and produce the best. Didn't really work out whenever Boston tested him on a 2nd line.

He is legally blind on his left eye btw. Hence the nickname, the one eyed swede. Probably a story that Chambers will sniff up in a few years and write a blog about thinking no one knows this.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I like this move, it's good to see the team aggressively trying to fill holes. Now let's get him signed and flip ROR at the draft.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think he is best suited on a 3rd line playing against weaker opposition. That's when he is the most effective and produce the best. Didn't really work out whenever Boston tested him on a 2nd line.

He is legally blind on his left eye btw. Hence the nickname, the one eyed swede. Probably a story that Chambers will sniff up in a few years and write a blog about thinking no one knows this.

LOL, this is awesome

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Bruins fans started to trash him when they knew he'd be gone, he also didn't have a great spring. He was their best player for pretty long stretches the last couple of seasons.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Gotta think they already have a deal in place or are very close to it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
he got more ice time than bergeron 5on5 (LOL julien). bruins rolled their lines pretty evenly.

I agree with that, but matchups and linemates are different... he was the #3 there when they were healthy. Krejci also wasn't very healthy this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad