Social Media Septic Tank Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Sanheim was a better defensemen three years ago than he is today. Sanheim showed a lot more in his 21-22 year old season in the NHL than Drysdale has. Sanheim the had one of his best seasons in the NHL to this date at 22-23 years old.

Even York showed more tangible evidence at 20-21 years old in the NHL than Drysdale that there could be something there.

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

rowan-atkinson-as-mr-bean-funny-realization-mmolkgy1h4ok0poq.gif

Woah! I give my honest respect to Colby "ugly" Cohen. Great analytical approach! We have know it before but i respect that he get on our level!

Reactions: BernieParent

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Can someone explain to me why people care about teams utilizing LTIR and then bringing players back for the playoffs? There’s no cap in the playoffs. Why…does this bother people so much?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Can someone explain to me why people care about teams utilizing LTIR and then bringing players back for the playoffs? There’s no cap in the playoffs. Why…does this bother people so much?
Because if they're ready to play game one of the playoffs then they're ready to play game #82 of the regular season.

By not coming back for Game #82 they're able to circumvent the cap.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

They are very clearly circumventing the cap through LTIR. I am positive that you are smart enough to understand and don't need an explanation from us lol

belief is they are storing these guys on LTIR for the purpose of cap circumvention

Right. They would not have been able to add Hertl or Hanifin had Stone not been stashed on LTIR. Then for the 3rd year in a row, Stone is magically healed for Game 1 of the Playoffs when the Cap goes away.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Circumventing the cap is a contending team problem. The Knights didn’t play multiple high end players for a good chunk of the year and still got the WC2, prepared to face the top team. Just like the Bolts played without Kucherov an entire season and had no worries about missing playoffs.

The Flyers lose Couturier and death spiral. It’s just hard for me to get worked up about super deep well managed teams taking advantage of things. Is it obvious? Sure. Be one of those teams! (Note: not endorsing Tonya Harding your own players.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad