GDT: Sochi Olympics (Faulk: USA, Ruutu: FIN, Sekera: SVK, Semin: RUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I find it hilarious how many posts in this thread are people hoping Canada doesn't medal.

And to everyone saying it will be a nuclear meltdown here if we don't medal, maybe you should look back a few Olympics because there were some bad ones in there.

Why? The US and Canada are rivals. I hope my team's rivals lose every game they play.

And sure they may have struggled before, but that was a long time ago. And the internet wasn't nearly as prevalent, let alone HF.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
^ oh come on now C-C...you know there would be one heck of an uproar if Canada doesn't medal. hell, there will be if they don't bring home Gold and have to settle for merely Bronze or Silver. end of the world? no, but it would be HUGE! even in Russia there wouldn't be as big a backlash and I don't expect a terribly large one in the States either if they lose.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I honestly don't care what Canada does. I wish it could have been another Silver-Gold match-up but alas, that didn't happen.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
For the fans, the medals are secondary to the games. If the team doesn't medal, but beats one of their rivals, it gives the fans something to cling on to.

The players obviously have a different mindset, of course.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Skipping class tomorrow for the game. You know, priorities. 'Merica and all that.

No, really though. The class isn't super crucial...missing it won't really be of any detriment to me.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I find it hilarious how many posts in this thread are people hoping Canada doesn't medal.

And to everyone saying it will be a nuclear meltdown here if we don't medal, maybe you should look back a few Olympics because there were some bad ones in there.

Using this logic, (as a 'Bama fan) I should've cheered for Auburn in the BCS Game.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
USA Hockey ‏@usahockey 16m

USA D vs. CZE: Fowler-Shattenkirk; Orpik-Martin; Suter-McDonagh; Carlson. Quick in goal; Miller backup. #DawnsEarlyLight #TeamUSA

There's that... **** that entire organization

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Why? The US and Canada are rivals. I hope my team's rivals lose every game they play.

And sure they may have struggled before, but that was a long time ago. And the internet wasn't nearly as prevalent, let alone HF.

How old are you? Serious question.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
USA Hockey ‏@usahockey 16m

USA D vs. CZE: Fowler-Shattenkirk; Orpik-Martin; Suter-McDonagh; Carlson. Quick in goal; Miller backup. #DawnsEarlyLight #TeamUSA

There's that... **** that entire organization

Nvm missed the next post

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Using this logic, (as a 'Bama fan) I should've cheered for Auburn in the BCS Game.

Every fan of the SEC I know cheered for Auburn in that game. I personally do not subscribe to this theory, but in college sports more than any other, I've seen a "cheer for the conference" mentality.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Ruutu looks like a different person. I think someone stole his jersey. He looks faster...maybe its just the big ice. He has actually been in the play a lot, which I feel like hasn't happened that consistently for us this year.

Lets hope he has regained his confidence over there and can manage to bring that back with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad