Olympics: Sochi 2014 Roster Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

croAVSfan*

When the new CBA agreement is signed. It expires in September (ie after this season).

Thanks ! Hopefully everything will be ok, but I remember during Vancouver games that Burke in one interview was strongly against option of sending players to Sochi.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I just have a bad feeling about his injury in general. Personal experiences, plus experiences as a Ducks fan.

It's still 2 years away, so even if Kesler struggles when he comes back, he will have a full offseason to train before the Olympics.

Plus, Jack Johnson has to at the very least have a letter if not be the captain. I'm pretty sure he'd cut off his balls if it would help the stars and stripes win.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I can't imagine the olympics without NHL players....

10 posts ago or so... why did you even mention DiPietro.

The guy can barely practice let alone play in a beer league game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
starting to like Okposo as a darkhorse.

kid is playing strong for the US at the WC...

he answers the call to play for the US and makes it clear how proud he is to do it...

his speed and power could be awesome on the big ice, as long as he keeps this up going forward, I really do have to consider Okposo for a top 9 spot for the US as younger guys like Colin Wilson and JVR havent stepped up to the level I was hoping for this year

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
starting to like Okposo as a darkhorse.

kid is playing strong for the US at the WC...

he answers the call to play for the US and makes it clear how proud he is to do it...

his speed and power could be awesome on the big ice, as long as he keeps this up going forward, I really do have to consider Okposo for a top 9 spot for the US as younger guys like Colin Wilson and JVR havent stepped up to the level I was hoping for this year

I believe Okposo was an alternate for Vancouver. He was close then and now that he appears to have gotten over than shoulder injury he's closer now. Still, we have a young core. I'd say if the Olympics are right now, I'd roll this out.... (assuming everyone is healthy)

It's tough though. If the Olympics were starting tomorrow, you look at the wing spots and you think

Parise and Kane are as good as locks

1: Parise=X=Kane

Kessel is a lock as one of most skilled players. Then the question is for that final scoring wing slot? Pominville had an excellent season with 70 points. Pacioretty was a beast all year for a terrible team. So was Erik Cole, 60 plus points.

So now you've got a tough call

2: ? = X = Kessel

I'm not sure the right answer, but I suppose for a short tournament you go with who is hot and that was Pominville.

2: Pominville = X = Kessel

Now that brings us to the cluster of really good checking role wingers.

Callahan is almost as close to a lock as you get. Dustin Brown you have to wonder, can I say no to the guy tearing through the playoffs right now? Bobby Ryan had an off year this year but he's still very talented. We still have Pacioretty to consider. Now we through in guys like Okposo, Oshie and it gets tough. Erik Cole is still hanging around saying, hey guys what about me?

Those are tough calls, but it's always good to have choices.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
not sure about Ruzicka after he was scratched from team this years WCH...Olvecky, Cibak arent here too...Visnovsky retired from repre...

if this year show us the way to create teams then there will be Graňák, Sersen in defense and someone like L. Hudáček, J. Mikúš, Michel Miklík, Marcel HaÅ¡čák, or Bartovič in offense

I agree that this is quite out of date. Nagy, Ruzicka, Olvecky, Cibak, Valabik, Krizan forget about it. Now and in the coming years it is time to add Tatar, Panik, Jurco, Marincin, and perhaps Tvrdon, Janus, and Gernat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad