|
Adam Larsson​

Goalies​
Henrik Lundqvist​
|
Eddie Läck
Jacob Markström​

Pretty conventional, except some parts.

The visionary parts, I believe that Lander will be a big name perhaps even play big minutes. Landeskog will be an obvious first liner 2014.

I see a young and skillful D still with grit on all parings, no country will match this D challenge me. Enström has had a weak season but he have two 50p seasons under his belt.

Further the goalie situation. I believe that we have our strongest names, behind Lundqvist 2014, currently in the AHL. None of the other 7 NHL goalies are good enough. Markström and Läck on the other hand will be first goalies on a NHL team.

Sedin - Sedin - L Eriksson
Zetterberg - Backstrom - Franzen
Hagelin - Berglund - Landeskog
Steen - Lander - Stahlberg

M Johansson, Hornqvist/Silfverberg/MPS

Kronwall - E Karlsson
OEL - Edler
V Hedman - A Larsson

Enstrom, Hjalmarsson/Murray

Lundqvist
Markstrom
Enroth/somebody else

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
A Tavares-Crosby-Stamkos line would be absolutely nuts. Stamkos and Tavares should have no problem transitioning to the wing if Crosby is at the pivot. Honestly, it really wouldn't matter who plays where as long as they are on the ice together. I would really love to see that happen and it very well could.

Would love to play 0-0 against them.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Dang, I don't know how I forgot those two. I would take out Oshie and replace him with Ryan and one of either McDonagh or Bogosian for Johnson.

Zajac has been playing well these playoffs and Canada could use him in a defensive role on the fourth line. As for Toews not playing center, I don't know what the difference is between him and Bergeron at center.

There is much better options then Travis Zajac. Hes one player in this thread who has no chance of making the Sochi roster.

StringerBell

What's so special about Edler? Not nearly as talented as Brodin or Larsson. Cruise For Burgers instead!

He's much further ahead in his development than either of them. Gunnarson on the other hand is neither as talented nor as developed as Edler, and it boggles my mind that you would have him there instead.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
He's much further ahead in his development than either of them. Gunnarson on the other hand is neither as talented nor as developed as Edler, and it boggles my mind that you would have him there instead.

I know he's quite good. When he doesn't give series away or plays a halfass game. No doubt I would have him on my second team but there are better choices for a Tre Kronor in 2014. Gunner is a lock. Agree Edler has developed.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree.

Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Joe Pavelski - Ryan Callahan
Max Pacioretty - Paul Stastny - Jason Pominville
Dustin Brown - David Backes - Phil Kessel

Ryan Suter - Cam Fowler
Ryan McDonagh - Erik Johnson
Jack Johnson - John Carlson

Jonathan Quick
Ryan Miller

Keith Yandle is probably the 2nd best US d-man right now. Assuming good health and all, he's a lock on this team.

I have to agree. I'm like Cam Fowler fan #1, but assuming all Americans are healthy, I'd put Yandle instead of C4 at the moment. Cam has a year and a half to prove himself (he is only 20 after all, and USA hockey loves him. We could see a snub in his favor).

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Parise(C)-Kesler-Kane
Ryan-Stastny-Kessel
Pacioretty-Pavelski-Pominville
Brown-Backes-Callahan (A)
Oshie

Suter(A)-Yandle
McDonagh-E. Johnson
Orpik-J. Johnson
Carlson

Quick
Miller
Howard

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I have to agree. I'm like Cam Fowler fan #1, but assuming all Americans are healthy, I'd put Yandle instead of C4 at the moment. Cam has a year and a half to prove himself (he is only 20 after all, and USA hockey loves him. We could see a snub in his favor).

I hardly see it as a 'snub'... Steven Stamkos wasn't snubbed in Vancouver, theres just so much talent to choose from.

I would have to think Fowler would be high on USA hockey radar given his exceptional skating ability and international pedigree....But I wont see it as a snub if he or any other player doesn't make it, considering the calibre of players he'll be beaten by.

I honestly believe Jake Gardiner has an outside shot at earning a spot on the American blueline. He still has time to grow as a player and his skating and hockey IQ would be a valuable asset on the big ice.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
What's so special about Edler? Not nearly as talented as Brodin or Larsson. Cruise For Burgers instead!

To start with what is bad with him. Inconsistency is the big drawback. Smaller ones is that he sometimes do not play his size and he got a slow slap shot.

What's special with him? Well he got potential and a proven high level of game both offensively but also in grit on the D side of the game. He can play special teams well, both PP and PK. All of this against the top lines of any NHL team. He play top minutes on a top (third "top" better stop now) team in NHL, there is no reason Vancouver would give him this if he didn't perform to the test.

beeker16

Jun 19, 2003
Oshie - Backes - Callahan = one of the best possible line combos ever.

A lot can change in 2 years though.
Who knows which goalie will be on top of his game moreso than the other between Miller and Quick....

Evergreen

United States 2014

Zach Parise (A) - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
James van Riemsdyk - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Max Paccioretty - Joe Pavelski - Bobby Ryan
TJ Oshie - David Backes - Ryan Callahan (C)
X: Derek Stepan

Ryan Suter (A) - Keith Yandle
Jack Johnson - Erik Johnson
Ryan McDonagh - Kevin Shattenkirk
X: Dustin Byfuglien

Jonathon Quick
Ryan Miller
X: Jimmy Howard

Misisng out: Jason Pominville, Erik Cole, Blake Wheeler, Ryan Malone, Sean Couturier, John Carlson, Craig Anderson, Cory Schneider, and Rick DiPietro

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
United States 2014

Jonathon Quick
Ryan Miller

Misisng out: Jason Pominville, Erik Cole, Blake Wheeler, Ryan Malone, Sean Couturier, John Carlson, Craig Anderson, Cory Schneider, and Rick DiPietro

not to be a nut buster, but Sean Couturier is not American. Born in the states, but he calls the Maple Leaf his home...

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I see your avatar so I understand it, but I don't see JVR making it, and if he does, he's going to be on a checking line.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
**Note: to be played on international ice

SVK

Nagy-Handzus-Gaborik
S.Ruzicka-Kopecky-Hossa
Svatos-Tatar-Radivojevic
Olvecky-Cibak-Panik
Bliznak

Chara-Visnovsky
Meszaros-Sekera
Kudroc-Jurcina
Valabik

Halak-Budaj-Krizan

not sure about Ruzicka after he was scratched from team this years WCH...Olvecky, Cibak arent here too...Visnovsky retired from repre...

if this year show us the way to create teams then there will be Graňák, Sersen in defense and someone like L. Hudáček, J. Mikúš, Michel Miklík, Marcel HaÅ¡čák, or Bartovič in offense

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
United States 2014

Jonathon Quick
Ryan Miller

Hahahaha Kesler top line? Ryan on the third line behind JVR? Fowler not even on the Missing out list? Or..misisng out if I'm being accurate. DiPietro even getting consideration?

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Hahahaha Kesler top line? Ryan on the third line behind JVR? Fowler not even on the Missing out list? Or..misisng out if I'm being accurate. DiPietro even getting consideration?

Kesler is our best center when healthy and that was our top line in Vancouver. Not
Sure
What's crazy about that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kesler is our best center when healthy and that was our top line in Vancouver. Not
Sure
What's crazy about that.

I just have a bad feeling about his injury in general. Personal experiences, plus experiences as a Ducks fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad