Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't think Iwobi belongs in the top 25 either.
I'm waiting on the top 20, but I'm not sure there are 20 U21 players better than Malcom.

But yeah reputation, especially for players from abroad (L'Equipe loves nothing more than knock on L1 and its players) will be a huge factor.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also wondering where Lo Celso is. I'd be surprised to see him in the top 20, but outside the top 50 is ridiculous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My first thought when I saw this is that their collaborator in Argentina has pranked them.

Anywayz the top 3 should be
1) Mbappe
2) Asensio
3) Dembele
Likely Dembele is ranked lower (lol) and quite possible Asensio is ranked before Mbappe (lol).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Should be:

1) Woodburn
2) Mbappé
3) Asensio
4) Dembele
5) Kluivert

That would be acceptable. Though guys like Ceballos and Valverde should also be pretty high.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was joking but come on...Woodburn is a better, and more accomplished, prospect than either of Eggestein or Barco. Though I wouldn't be surprised if TAA is on the list instead of Woodburn.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was joking but come on...Woodburn is a better, and more accomplished, prospect than either of Eggestein or Barco. Though I wouldn't be surprised if TAA is on the list instead of Woodburn.

Yeah, mine was completely tongue and cheek. Can't comment on who's better though never seen Woodburn play and I'm certain you've never seen Barco play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eggestein is a really interesting prospect but Woodburn is ahead in his development while being a year younger. He's also yet to really physically mature.

Yeah, mine was completely tongue and cheek. Can't comment on who's better though never seen Woodburn play and I'm certain you've never seen Barco play.

This Barco? Runs with his head down too much and his first touch is average. He's okay but doesn't look special to me. You should watch Woodburn if you get a chance he's a very nice player. Completely the opposite kind of player you'd expect from the English schools. Elegant, intelligent, versatile, technical and where he lacks is more on the physical side (though not a huge slouch there either).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eggestein is a really interesting prospect but Woodburn is ahead in his development while being a year younger. He's also yet to really physically mature.

This Barco? Runs with his head down too much and his first touch is average. He's okay but doesn't look special to me. You should watch Woodburn if you get a chance he's a very nice player. Completely the opposite kind of player you'd expect from the English schools. Elegant, intelligent, versatile, technical and where he lacks is more on the physical side (though not a huge slouch there either).

JoJo lost a whole year to injury, he'd be ripping it up in Kruse's absence had that not been the case. Even though he still has to fill out before he's fully physically mature

Plus who's ahead atm doesn't always tell us who'll be the best in their primes. Werner went from wunderkind to stagnated disappoint before becoming the most prolific 21 & under player in any of europe's top leagues

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dolberg has no business in the any top 10 the way he's played the past six months.

Kluivert and de Ligt are better youngsters from Ajax.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

TAA will hardly be on the list either (and rightfully so).

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Dolberg has no business in the any top 10 the way he's played the past six months.

Kluivert and de Ligt are better youngsters from Ajax.

He was alright tonight, though (against a really weak side, I know).
I don't agree on Kluivert. Don't think he has done enough at the senior level to be ahead of Dolberg. Kluivert had some good games in Eredivisie last season, but Dolberg was one of Ajax best players in Eredivisie and had a good Europe League campaign, in my opinion. This season he still wasn't looked nearly as good as he did in the past, but his touch, dribbling and finishing skills are hard to ignore even when he looks like a completely ghost out there. When he's on he looks like a lite version of Ibrahimovic

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Evilo's "boy" with lower potential should be in the top 5. :sarcasm:

My top 5 right now in terms of current ability in this order is

Asensio, Dembele, Mbappe, Jesus, Pulisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad