Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Liverpool falling apart.

You have to wonder about Klopp's legacy in the Premier League. He's won several other trophies obviously, but at the end of the day when you focus on the league there's only that one covid title in 9 years.
It was not a covid title, they were like over 20 points ahead with 8 or 9 matches to go when the season stopped. The league was over in January that year. He got 92 and 97 points and didnt win the league. The latter being more than Ferguson or Wenger ever got. This year they have overachieved and ran out of steam.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Leverkusen win the league and the pitch is mobbed. Wirtz completely surrounded by the crowd after scoring a hat trick.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
"Get them on the pitch and they're trouble,
Next month, mess around and got a double-treble"...

Really on now.

Would be the first in football history back-to-back.

Barca and Bayern the only two teams with 2x trebles.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I expected Arsenal to crumble, but this Liverpool one is something else. I'd have thought they'd be dialed in.
They've been playing over their ability all year coupled with all the injuries they have had. Always seem to concede first. Not a conducive recipe for winning the league. Still a very good season though and a bright future.

Reactions: trostol

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Comfortably in a CL spot next year and playing for Europe comp this year. You wouldn't know about that.

Winning a Champions league instead of talking about playing in it.. You wouldnt know about that.

FGGQ-ZKXoAA23Nt.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
2021 is 3 years ago. I know tracking time is hard when you have to wait so long to be relevant, but....
I thought you were counting titles. Silly me.

Have a feeling you’ll be waiting a while to be relevant yourself. So enjoy it?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What the heck’s goin on over there? @Starat327

I don’t think I’m capable of such patience. :laugh:

Stupid coach who refused to name an official penalty taker. Relies on 'aura' to decide.

No real leadership on the pitch ao everyone knows who it is.

Inexperienced players only looking at "it doesn't matter, this games over" instead of realizing that there's a good chance our final.poaition comes down to GD tie breaker.

Mix and Match any way you choose.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stupid coach who refused to name an official penalty taker. Relies on 'aura' to decide.

No real leadership on the pitch ao everyone knows who it is.

Inexperienced players only looking at "it doesn't matter, this games over" instead of realizing that there's a good chance our final.poaition comes down to GD tie breaker.

Mix and Match any way you choose.
Damn, that’s crazy. I’d be extremely irritated if I were watching that as a fan.

I also thought it was crazy that they’d be trying to take it out of Palmers hands, of all people. :laugh:

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Damn, that’s crazy. I’d be extremely irritated if I were watching that as a fan.

I also thought it was crazy that they’d be trying to take it out of Palmers hands, of all people. :laugh:

There's a lot about this team to not like as a supporter.

And yes, taking the ball from Palmer is asinine. That dudes status right now basically has him at "I can f*** Pochs wife and nothing would could happen".

• Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad