Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Ugh this f***ing hurts as a Hawks fan. I hope Kane comes back next year. Best of luck to him and the Rangers. You guys are getting a playoff assassin (as a fan, I can't wait to see what he does when the bright lights are on). Still though Toews and Kane... the end of an era (yea Toews is still around but he's likely retiring at the end of the season at this point and may not play again).

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ugh this f***ing hurts as a Hawks fan. I hope Kane comes back next year. Best of luck to him and the Rangers. You guys are getting a playoff assassin (as a fan, I can't wait to see what he does when the bright lights are on). Still though Toews and Kane... the end of an era (yea Toews is still around but he's likely retiring at the end of the season at this point and may not play again).

I know exactly how you feel, this is giving me PTSD from when MSL requested a trade to the Rangers. I could never bring myself to cheer for them, it just felt so wrong.

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
Kane showing his gratitude to Blackhawks or should it be Blackhawk fans response to Kane
1677344894622.png

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The Rangers were my pick for the cup even before Kane. After Kane, well, they are the obvious favorites to win it all, even in front of Boston IMO.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
And the best part is that it doesn't matter as Kane wants to be on the Rangers.

Look. Chicago overplayed their hand. Rangers made an offer for Kane, Chicago turned it down.

Rangers went and spent on Tarasenko, Motte and Mikkola.

Chicago talked to Kane and realized there is only 2 options. Rangers or nothing. Rangers already showed they are fine with nothing.

Now Chicago is coming hat in hand.

It is what it is. But from all report,s this is the situation.
Hawks didn’t ‘overplay their hand’ as you said. Kane told the team he would decide in the current timeframe back in December. I am assuming they have been working towards this for quite some time regardless of the Tank trade.

Reactions: Taylorst

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That would mean all 3 of Kravtsov, Lechyshyn and Harpur have to be moved today as well. Otherwise the Rangers have to wait until the deadline to accumulate cap space, right?

It’s Eklund, he probably still has the Flyers squeaking in for a wild card.
Truth to be told though, all of the insiders have been indicating something is going down. I don't think they would do that if it's just a handshake deal waiting for a week to be put into action.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Calling this an Eklund rumor is a bit of a stretch. Could call it a DFC rumor, since I'm pretty sure he and I have all the same "sources" (i.e., twitter) at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad