Speculation: So where does Patrick Kane end up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He might be mad enough to take the Blackhawks out of Bedard contention which is the real danger.

I can imagine a motivated Kane saying "ok if you want to keep me then let's win"

I would find it honestly hilarious if Chicago kept Kane, won 5 more games then they should have, and end up picking 4th Overall instead of getting Bedard.

What an honorable hill to die on. I am all for Bedard going to Columbus or Anaheim instead.

Also, certain players have earned the right to have their teams honor the players wishes even if a maximization of the return isn't occurring. Patrick Kane is one of those players.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He might be mad enough to take the Blackhawks out of Bedard contention which is the real danger.

I can imagine a motivated Kane saying "ok if you want to keep me then let's win"

I would find it honestly hilarious if Chicago kept Kane, won 5 more games then they should have, and end up picking 4th Overall instead of getting Bedard.

What an honorable hill to die on. I am all for Bedard going to Columbus or Anaheim instead.
Good for you? Where you want Bedard to go matters to no one.

First overall has a 25% chance at Bedard. I hope we get him, but we’ll get a great player no matter what.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Even worse from all indications nothing of value is on table for Kane

Hawks need to walk away and not be Rangers dumping ground
The Rangers had already passed on Kane. I'm not sure why we became the bad guy here. It feels like tons of misdirected anger that should be at directed Kane for how he is handling this, or ownership for giving him such a strict NMC.
If the Hawks could get a 2nd, Kravtsov and Jones, I would consider that a decent haul. Probably won't make Hawks fans happy, but those are two good prospects.
It is decent, but when your expectations were Lafreniere, Othmann, 1st+++ and there are dozens of pages in Kane threads that have these insane asks, that deal might as well be table scraps.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
332899666_2303132016514262_5711310022181568466_n.jpg

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If the Rangers play games and lowball as LeBrun is hoping (he has no sources he’s just guessing) tell them to pound sand, ask Kane if he wants to go somewhere else or would prefer to remain in Chicago, if no then ask if he wants to re-sign on a new deal. Regardless of that, offer sheet Lafreniere into the moon and promise him first line ice time and power play team that the Rangers won’t give him.
Lafreniere sucks. Terrible plan.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Yea, let Kane keep winning games for the Hawks so their draft position also gets worse, along with getting nothing for Kane as well when he walks in the offseason. Seems like a good plan.
Just because chicago doesn't get anything by not trading him doesn't make it a problem
If your chicago and a kane trade just with salary cap space alone means any team pursuing a run has limited space that means chicago would be taking a awful contract but if the return isn't exceptable for that contract , chicago can use its 1 of only 3 allowed slots to facilitate another move McCabe domi ect and get a better return.
Just looking at the bigger picture

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think there's a chance that Kane could tell Chicago something like "I'm willing to go to New York (or other places) if you get a deal you like. Otherwise, I'm happy staying here."

If it's understood by Kane that there is no future with Chicago beyond this year, why would he do this?

It often seems like Chicago wants to turn the page on the Bowman era.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Also, certain players have earned the right to have their teams honor the players wishes even if a maximization of the return isn't occurring. Patrick Kane is one of those players.
This happens every single year with the best UFAs. And every year the team's fans try to paint it as the opposite.

Chicago will accommodate Patrick Kane's wishes. He has earned it as a franchise icon. Tale as old as time.

Patrick Kane gives absolutely zero shits about Chicago finding the best trade return for him. Kane is not going to Carolina or Seattle just because he really wants to help the Chicago Blackhawks get the best return. He earned a NMC for a reason. That clause means the club is indebted to him. They understand that and will 100% accommodate him.

It just happened with Tarasenko. It just happened with ROR. It always happens that way. And part of that is a gentleman's agreement among GMs that they will pay reasonable value even in that case. It works.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Reading from Pagnotta that other teams are interested in Kane. Not sure how it will all play out but I love this time of year!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This happens every single year with the best UFAs. And every year the team's fans try to paint it as the opposite.

Chicago will accommodate Patrick Kane's wishes. He has earned it as a franchise icon. Tale as old as time.

Patrick Kane gives absolutely zero shits about Chicago finding the best trade return for him. Kane is not going to Carolina or Seattle just because he really wants to help the Chicago Blackhawks get the best return. He earned a NMC for a reason. That clause means the club is indebted to him. They understand that and will 100% accommodate him.

It just happened with Tarasenko. It just happened with ROR. It always happens that way. And part of that is a gentleman's agreement among GMs that they will pay reasonable value even in that case. It works.

He earned his NMC to protect himself from being traded

He has earned no right to dictate to Davidson that he should be traded and for the Rangers trash

Hawks should not accommodate Kane's wishes if its detrimental to teams rebuild effort and getting the Rangers trash as speculated would be just that.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
He earned his NMC to protect himself from being traded

He has earned no right to dictate to Davidson that he should be traded and for the Rangers trash

Hawks should not accommodate Kane's wishes if its detrimental to teams rebuild effort and getting the Rangers trash as speculated would be just that.
Your first and second statements are the same. Kane earned the right to say "It's NYR or nothing".

Chicago will not get trash. They will likely end up with a 1st+. That is how this always works.

Kane's presence on Chicago right now is detrimental to their rebuild efforts. Chicago has won 4 of the past 5 and one could argue that Kane personally won 3 of those 4.

I don't see why Chicago fans are so reluctant to embrace a tank when the top prospects this year are so good. Like I said, I guess it is an honorable hill to die on.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Reading from Pagnotta that other teams are interested in Kane. Not sure how it will all play out but I love this time of year!
And the best part is that it doesn't matter as Kane wants to be on the Rangers.

Look. Chicago overplayed their hand. Rangers made an offer for Kane, Chicago turned it down.

Rangers went and spent on Tarasenko, Motte and Mikkola.

Chicago talked to Kane and realized there is only 2 options. Rangers or nothing. Rangers already showed they are fine with nothing.

Now Chicago is coming hat in hand.

It is what it is. But from all report,s this is the situation.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Chicago owes Kane to trade him where he wants.

Kane owes nothing to Chicago. Anyways I'm willing to bet that he's not staying in Chicago if he asked them to trade him to the NYR. Could you imagine Davidson getting in front of the media saying Kane wanted to go to NYR but ultimately they decided to keep him against his will because the NYR did not give enough? And then you get a pissed off Kane for his last season in Chicago???

That would be shitshow. He'd lose his job on the spot.
Both situations are easily imagined. Not only would he not lose his job though, it was have zero impact on his standing with the hawks. If we can’t work something out for Kane, oh well. The plan goes forward, possibly with him. Not a big deal either no matter what happens next.

That said this thread is mostly trolling (or just stupidity, it’s hard to tell) and yours is hardly the worst take so I’m not sure why bothered quoting you specifically.

Last edited:

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You have to be f***ing joking, they've gave Kane all the time in the world just for him to be salty about NYR getting Tarasenko to still want to go there. Kane is going to be Brodeur 2.0 where he destroyed his legacy just to chase something elsewhere for a few months with how he's handled this poorly.
[MOD]
Well said. Plenty of people easily forget the reality of the entire picture and use the excuse Kane nmc he controls if or where he goes.

Chicago gave him the time and space to figure out what he wanted to do and it's been over a year now .
I look forward to moving on from toews and kane there irrelevant to the future of the chicago blackhawks and simply a financial distraction

And the best part is that it doesn't matter as Kane wants to be on the Rangers.

Look. Chicago overplayed their hand. Rangers made an offer for Kane, Chicago turned it down.

Rangers went and spent on Tarasenko, Motte and Mikkola.

Chicago talked to Kane and realized there is only 2 options. Rangers or nothing. Rangers already showed they are fine with nothing.

Now Chicago is coming hat in hand.

It is what it is. But from all report,s this is the situation.
I don't think based on kanes reaction not to mention the onslaught of news about a injury.
I believe Kane hadn't decided and those news reports scared new york and kanes reaction was telling

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I've seen some comments that Kane owes nothing to Chicago. Let me point out that Kane owes Chicago blackhawks organization a debt of respect, gratitude and more.
Fact Chicago selected Kane if Kane doesn't go to Chicago he never wins 3 cups or becomes a hall of fame player
Fact Kane had a run in with a cab driver and other things Chicago opted early in their relationship to keep Kane and help him grow and mature
Fact Chicago made Kane and Toews the highest paid players

You see Kane owes Chicago a huge bit of gratitude because without Chicago kanes career might be over or look very different

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think he would be a god send on the Rangers. Offense is stagnant and needs a catalyst to stir the drink. Would make every line better as well as the PP. Is also a winner.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ

That’s as much of a confirmation from a legitimate insider as we’ve see so far, IMO. Of course there’s still room for the deal to not work out. But if both sides are this focused on the deal then one can presume it’s been agreed to and they’re working through the cap details. Kane’s “official” approval will probably be the final step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad