Speculation: So...what's next?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why are people still giving this bum any attention? He is just making shit up, the only difference between "Eklund" and a random hfboards poster is that this dude actually made his own site.
Because Rodrigues has to go somewhere?

The Wings' bottom 6 is just a collection of misfits and warm bodies, any of which can be traded or even waived with no long term implications.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Because Rodrigues has to go somewhere?

The Wings' bottom 6 is just a collection of misfits and warm bodies, any of which can be traded or even waived with no long term implications.

Honestly, do we have any more room for bottom 6 guys? I think we are all filled up. Rodrigues only had the hot start with Crosby out and a boat load more ice time and then went back to normal once Crosby returned.

First 35 GP, 15 goals, 15 assists, 30 pts
Last 47 GP, 4 goals, 9 assists, 13 pts
Total 82 GP, 19 goals, 24 assists, 43 pts

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Is what I am reading true? 11 teams still over the cap by $1.5M or more. We still have $9.25M? Whats the plan to take advantage of that?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Is what I am reading true? 11 teams still over the cap by $1.5M or more. We still have $9.25M? Whats the plan to take advantage of that?
all-your-draft-picks-are-belong-to-us.jpg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Honestly, do we have any more room for bottom 6 guys? I think we are all filled up. Rodrigues only had the hot start with Crosby out and a boat load more ice time and then went back to normal once Crosby returned.

I know, but that means he still has more skill than any of the current bottom 6, because you could put any of them with Malkin and they still can't score.

All depends on the price but I think he's more intriguing than Suter ($3.25M), Sunqvist ($2.75M) or Erne ($2.4M salary, $2.1 AAV), all of which are gonna be gone after this season anyways. If he was bigger, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Probably not a good fit only because he'd be playing with Suter, and that would be a Charmin line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Rodrigues would mean that guy like Givani Smith will to Griffins via waivers.

That's what will happen, if you add an extra player like Rodrigues.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Wings still have a bit over 8M in cap space. If you were in Mr. Yzerman's shoes, how would you weaponize the cap space? I think the roster for next season is set, but who are the targets as in teams/players you would go after? Shouldn't it be fairly easy to get a cap dump player with a pick from some of the teams that are struggling with the cap. What kind of offers would you send to teams, which are like "realistic" and could happen?

Edit: OBV the ball is more in the court of the teams who are struggling to get under the cap, and that is a huge leverage for Yzerman, but do you have any "offers" you would put out?

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Wings still have a bit over 8M in cap space. If you were in Mr. Yzerman's shoes, how would you weaponize the cap space? I think the roster for next season is set, but who are the targets as in teams/players you would go after? Shouldn't it be fairly easy to get a cap dump player with a pick from some of the teams that are struggling with the cap. What kind of offers would you send to teams, which are like "realistic" and could happen?

Edit: OBV the ball is more in the court of the teams who are struggling to get under the cap, and that is a huge leverage for Yzerman, but do you have any "offers" you would put out?
For me, i would pursue trying to get Konecny from Philly, he has always been one of my favorite non-wings player. It's hard to explain why, i just really like the dude. And yes i know TK isn't a cap dump type of player, but i just wanna see TK Larkin Raymond as the top line for the Wings.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Nils Lundkvist would be a nice get for Joey Veleno. Match made in heaven. They want a young bottom 6 center and I'd love to have the RHD to pair with Edvinsson.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Nils Lundkvist would be a nice get for Joey Veleno. Match made in heaven. They want a young bottom 6 center and I'd love to have the RHD to pair with Edvinsson.
Um... Johansson?

Or wait... Which A Johansson is the righty? The 20-ish year old or the 18 year old?

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Um... Johansson?

Or wait... Which A Johansson is the righty? The 20-ish year old or the 18 year old?
Its the younger one and he can replace Hronek when ready. Also a lol, I posted and then saw an article by hockey writers.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves projecting an 18 year old 4th round pick onto the NHL roster lol

Lundkvist is an interesting opportunity but doesn't strike me as an Yzerman type.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves projecting an 18 year old 4th round pick onto the NHL roster lol

Lundkvist is an interesting opportunity but doesn't strike me as an Yzerman type.

That's why I said "at least". Right now he's a project pick that's had a good preseason but that's it.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

Capfriendly hasn't factored in LTIR, most are compliant when you do that math.

Reactions: Hoog

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Think Florida, Toronto and Edmonton are over the cap in real numbers. They should do some moves to have compliant rosters.

Yeah, looks that way. FLA is like 3.3 mil over, probably looking into moving Hornqvist but they're running low on trade bait, that Yandle buyout is hurting them this year. TOR is about 1.5 over and could technically ditch a guy like Kampf and be compliant but they are hurting for depth. EDM is about 400k over after LTIR but same issue with depth.

I'd kick tires with Kenny (although EDM can possibly get under the cap with a short roster) but would be slower to help TOR or FLA out.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Think Florida, Toronto and Edmonton are over the cap in real numbers. They should do some moves to have compliant rosters.

My guess is someone is hurt that hasn't been announced for Toronto. This close to the season and there hasn't been much talk about the Leafs being over and that is with Sandin still to be signed. My guess is Sandin gets traded early in the year, and someone is starting on LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad