Islanders Projected Lineup:

See Above

giphy.gif

LGD

giphy.gif

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Absolutely ridiculous that the league is making us play tonight because the Isles haven't played in 2 weeks. Playing our 5th string goalie and an EBUG.

Meanwhile the Flyers have 3 guys in COVID and game gets PPD

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Absolutely ridiculous that the league is making us play tonight because the Isles haven't played in 2 weeks. Playing our 5th string goalie and an EBUG.

Given the circumstances, Devils have essentially been playing with fire only carrying 3 healthy goalies on NHL deals after Bernier went down.

If this news broke at 12pm today, league may look at it differently. But Devils had two days to sort this out so it’s understandable they’re playing tonight.

Fingers crossed no one else hits the covid list before tonight. Hopefully a couple names go on it tomorrow and miss no games from it.[/QUOTE]

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Montreal played with 16 skaters in Florida, the NHL doesn’t really cancel out of sympathy about who’s out in terms of competitiveness. I think it’s more about if it seems to be a legit outbreak on the team and everyone needs to stay away for day a bit.

Everyone “got the day off” after the last cancellation (I don’t know if it was just one day).

We don’t have that many guys in COVID protocol anymore. Games don’t get canceled over the goalie situation, that’s literally why they have EBUGs.

Reactions: devilsblood

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Gillies is technically our 2nd string goalie now? 3rd string?

I can’t tell now because the plan now is apparently not to play anyone other than Blackwood if he’s available.

You’re responsible for your own goalie depth, we had very little and didn’t do enough about it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
gillies is our backup. not 5th string even if that’s his caliber. we have blackwood and gillies on the depth chart, then schmid and daws. 3rd string if you count bernier but that’s not a reason to cancel the game. at least it’s against the islanders

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

If I am reading this right, is it possible Bastian and Bratt could return tonight?

Would be huge if that’s the case as it balances out our roster a bit offensively. Severson is still a huge loss though.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

If I am reading this right, is it possible Bastian and Bratt could return tonight?

Would be huge if that’s the case as it balances out our roster a bit offensively. Severson is still a huge loss though.

Yes, I believe the criteria is 5 days so they could come back. And of course the wonderful GEERT

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Hopefully Bratt and Bastian can come off the list.

Reactions: glenwo2

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I can't believe they're actually going to hold this game. What a farce.

I'm expecting a total shitshow, and I pity anyone who pays to be in attendance.

But I'll still watch it.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Any game is winnable when we have Nico and Jack healthy. Still don't love our chances tonight without Sevs and a real goalie. Although we haven't had goaltending all year so...

Reactions: youryeah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad