So, seriously, who is getting traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Oiler fan here. I am surprised Clendening isn't getting any mention if a D man is moved TBH. He'd make most other teams already. (yes I know my team sucks) He's a good D man for moving the puck it seems. Nothing left to prove in the AHL. Thoughts?

I agree, We're a bit loaded in defensive prospects like Clendening and even Dahlbeck. These guys have a legit chance of making it this year, and even if they don't, they will once those T/K contracts start. One of the reasons we're not panicking too much about the '15-16 season.

And just to let you know, Oilers aren't terrible. Their not contenders at the moment, but with Scrivens in net and Daryl Katz promising to do better, you should be excited for the future. :)

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If we move Oduya, that means Leddy in the top 4 and a rookie in the top 6.

If you move Oduya you can create a Super D line of Dahlbeck/Hjalmarsson. I don't think anyone would score, ever.

Dahlmarsson or Hjalbeck. I mean come one, we've all known these two have been destined to be partners for the better part of 2 years.

Here's how it goes down:
-Oduya traded for 2nd round pick, Dahlbeck take his spot
-Johns comes up and gets a few cups of coffee during injuries

2014/2015
- Roszival unsigned,mJohns takes his spot
-Bowman plays hardball in negotiation with Leddy, if he acquiesced- we deal Clendening, if not we trade Leddy's rights and put Clendening in Leddy's spot

Keith/Seabrook
Dahlbeck/Hjalmarsson
Leddy or Clendening/ Johns

Rundblad is the wildcard.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Oiler fan here. I am surprised Clendening isn't getting more mention if a D man is moved TBH. He'd make most other teams already. (yes I know my team sucks) He's a good D man for moving the puck it seems. Nothing left to prove in the AHL. Thoughts?

We have to make the move for cap reasons - so moving Clendening doesn't do anything for us...and in fact is counter productive because he's young and cost controlled.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
We have to make the move for cap reasons - so moving Clendening doesn't do anything for us...and in fact is counter productive because he's young and cost controlled.

Funny, I read it the same way at first, but I think he's asking why we're not more comfortable trading Oduya/Leddy given that we have Clendening in the pipeline.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If you move Oduya you can create a Super D line of Dahlbeck/Hjalmarsson. I don't think anyone would score, ever.

Dahlmarsson or Hjalbeck. I mean come one, we've all known these two have been destined to be partners for the better part of 2 years.

Here's how it goes down:

2014/2015
-Bowman plays hardball in negotiation with Leddy, if he acquiesced- we deal Clendening, if not we trade Leddy's rights and put Clendening in Leddy's spot

Keith/Seabrook
Dahlbeck/Hjalmarsson

I agree, Dahlbeck is a younger Hammer. Match made in heaven.
-Both are swedes
-Both are defensively responsible
-Both are willing to block shots
-Both are great on the PK

Dahlbeck could learn alot from a mentor like Hammer.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014

Here's how it goes down:

2014/2015

Keith/Seabrook
Dahlbeck/Hjalmarsson

There is zero chance of that ever happening. Leddy and Oduya would not be dealt and replaced by players who have limited or no NHL experience. Not even Bowman is that stupid! Well at least I hope not.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
There is zero chance of that ever happening. Leddy and Oduya would not dealt and replaced by players who have limited or no NHL experience. Not even Bowman is that stupid! Well at least I hope not.
In 2014-2015 we are 2.2 M over the cap. What's your solution?
In 2915-2016 we are about 7M or so under the projected cap with 8 players to sign, including Leddy, Saad, Kruger... What's your solution?

My contention is that we have a lot of NHL ready D, we can replace Leddy with Clendening and Dahlbeck with Oduya a lot easier than replacing any other player.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
There is zero chance of that ever happening. Leddy and Oduya would not be dealt and replaced by players who have limited or no NHL experience. Not even Bowman is that stupid! Well at least I hope not.

It's funny that you now feel that Oduya and Leddy are anything decent. One day it's "Oduya is a #5 dman on any other team", now he's irreplaceable?

And Taze Em is saying that we should replace Oduya now, and possible Leddy next year. Not that we should replace both of them now.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
In 2014-2015 we are 2.2 M over the cap. What's your solution?
In 2915-2016 we are about 7M or so under the projected cap with 8 players to sign, including Leddy, Saad, Kruger... What's your solution?

My contention is that we have a lot of NHL ready D, we can replace Leddy with Clendening and Dahlbeck with Oduya a lot easier than replacing any other player.

Maybe one. Leddy or Oduya. NHL ready does not mean that they can walk into 4th and 5th line duty just because one thinks so. The players you mention are far from proven at this point. To replace both Leddy AND Oduya in the same breath with unproven NHL talent would cause a defensive disaster.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe one. Leddy or Oduya. NHL ready does not mean that they can walk into 4th and 5th line duty just because one thinks so. The players you mention are far from proven at this point. To replace both Leddy AND Oduya in the same breath with unproven NHL talent would cause a defensive disaster.

You replace Oduya in 2015, Dahlbeck gets 70+ games.

Then you sign or replace Leddy. If Leddy wants 4+M we can't afford him and we have a seasoned PMD ready to go.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
He's got a limited NTC along with a NMC. I would love to believe that we can deal Rosy and keep TT down in Rockford to start the season. Its not ideal but I think it means we ice the best team possible.

In any case I don't want TT up until we are sure that he can perform and not such stick in the NHL. I don't want to burn a year off his ELC for nothing.

Just to let you know. But TT will burn a year off his ELC if he is in the NHL or the AHL.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oiler fan here. I am surprised Clendening isn't getting more mention if a D man is moved TBH. He'd make most other teams already. (yes I know my team sucks) He's a good D man for moving the puck it seems. Nothing left to prove in the AHL. Thoughts?

Clendening and Dahlbeck are the most NHL ready of the Hawks D-men IMO.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
BUT ready enough to replace Oduya and Leddy?

Dahlbeck and Clendening are absolutely NHL defensemen. We won't know if they are as good as Oduya or Leddy yet but Defensemen have to go. I suspect that a Dahlbeck Hjalmarsson pair would be about as good as Oduya-Hjalmarsson.

We're going to have the best offense in the NHL no matter what so it might not even matter that much.

If Dahlbeck isn't working out with Hjalmarsson you can try Leddy, if that doesn't work out you can try Johns, if that doesn't work out you canflip pieces for a veteran 4D at the trade deadline.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wouldn't mind if it is Bickell. Oduya or Bickell- really the only options.

Sharp Toews Hossa
Saad Richards Kane
Morin Shaw Versteeg
Regin Kruger Smith

Crow

May 19, 2014
Throw me on the trade bickell bandwagon. I like bickell in the playoffs, but he seems like he even wears out as they go deeper. Trading bickell would hurt the team a bit this year. It is a year they have a good chance to win it all. but trading bickell would also be the best move for the team long term. The hawks may not be able to get that contract off the books next year. I am willing to be they can this year. I think they are only a shade less likely to win the cup without him.

They can not resign oduya next year (or get a team friendly deal), as well as let other contracts expire, and be under the cap if they trade bickell now.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
It's funny that you now feel that Oduya and Leddy are anything decent. One day it's "Oduya is a #5 dman on any other team", now he's irreplaceable?

And Taze Em is saying that we should replace Oduya now, and possible Leddy next year. Not that we should replace both of them now.

I suggest you stop putting words in my mouth and reread my posts. I never said Oduya was irreplaceable. Stop shooting from the hip!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I suggest you stop putting words in my mouth and reread my posts. I never said Oduya was irreplaceable. Stop shooting from the hip!

No, but you did say this in the Hawks Looking to Trade Oduya thread

If and when Oduya is traded. You'll find out real quick how much value he brings outside of Chicago. Try not much!

So you think he'll be difficult to replace, but you question his value on another team? Make up your mind already.

Edit: Here's another funny quote of yours about Oduya :)
Your right he isn't a 7th Dman. More like a 5 at best
That also came from the Oduya trade thread

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
bicker (opens up top 9 spot for morin) and one of or both rosy/oduya can go IMO...

sharp-jt-hossa
saad-richards-kane
morin-shaw-smith/versteeg
regin-kruger-smith/versteeg

I like morin-shaw-smith as a line...
if Regin or Versteeg suck balls let some kids get some games....

keith-leddy
dahlbeck-hjammer
clendending/runbald-seabrook

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
No, but you did say this in the Hawks Looking to Trade Oduya thread

So you think he'll be difficult to replace, but you question his value on another team? Make up your mind already.

Edit: Here's another funny quote of yours about Oduya :)

That also came from the Oduya trade thread

Boy have you missed the point again. This is about replacing Leddy and Oduya vs other D that are available. NOT ABOUT WHAT ODUYA IS STRICTLY WORTH! SO quote all day long and when you can put those 2 into context I'll listen. In the meantime shoot from the hip, put words in my mouth and take everything I say out of context!

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think its unreasonable to think that we can replace Johnny Oduya. Love the guy, really good player but we are like 7 deep in prospects, with 4 NHL ready.

Look at Boston last year. They played 3 NHL newcomers and won the Presidents trophy.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
I don't think its unreasonable to think that we can replace Johnny Oduya. Love the guy, really good player but we are like 7 deep in prospects, with 4 NHL ready.

Look at Boston last year. They played 3 NHL newcomers and won the Presidents trophy.

Oduya alone can easily be replaced. Totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad