So, if Holland's actually going to sign a UFA defenseman or two...

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
... which ones and for what deals would keep you guys from yelling in rage? Yes, I know, set aside the general suggestion that any signing makes the Wings better and thwarts the goal of Utter Desolation for Picks.

4 or 5 @5 for Shattenkirk?

3 @3 for Del Zotto?

3 @3 for Wideman?

I can see him making the Shattenkirk offer, actually. Pair up the DK and Shattenkirk deals. 3ish to Tatar, 2ish to 3ish for AA. A little bit of fancy dancing around the cap until Kronwall can go on IR... 7 seed, baby!

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
... which ones and for what deals would keep you guys from yelling in rage? Yes, I know, set aside the general suggestion that any signing makes the Wings better and thwarts the goal of Utter Desolation for Picks.

3 @3 for Del Zotto?

3 @3 for Wideman?

I can see him making the Shattenkirk offer, actually. Pair up the DK and Shattenkirk deals. 3ish to Tatar, 2ish to 3ish for AA. A little bit of fancy dancing around the cap until Kronwall can go on IR... 7 seed, baby!

No way Tatar is only getting 250k raise. And No way Shatternkirk comes here for less than 6.5 and for 6+ years.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

3 @3 for Del Zotto?

3 @3 for Wideman?

None of these are guys we are speculated to be pursuing, as far as I know.

Shattenkirk is gonna get more AAV and term than that.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
What the hell could his plan possibly be to sign 2 FA defensemen?

Green - Campbell
Jensen - Dekeyser
Girardi - Kronwall
Ericsson

Lose everyone else to waivers/Griffins?

I guess this would be a very Holland thing to do..

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So with only Franzen on LTIR it's what? approx 11.5 in cap? Plus I'll estimate 7.5 for Tatar/AA/XO. Around 4 million in cap space as of now, that could get us Trevor Daley or any of those other old schmucks who's best hockey is way behind them.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Tatar is getting 5m/yr minimum.

I'm not a fan of signing any UFAs, just go with the team we have. Signing any old defenseman to a 3 year deal is ridiculous.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well the guy Kenny ran out of town is in on Shattenkirk and Girardi. No one wants to come here now.
Elliotte Friedman
?
@FriedgeHNIC

Word is TB has expressed interest in Dan Girardi. We'll see where it goes over the next few days

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Doesn't really matter if they sign any of those players. Wings will fail to make the playoffs and Holland will continue to look like a dumb***. Just speeds up his eventual firing, so that's a win in my book.

Organization is basically in a vegetative state till he is gone.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Pretty much we should either be in on Shattenkirk or none at all. Shattenkirk means we shed a contract somehow but means we have a bonafide actual decent defender.

We are boned when Green leaves next year.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If there could only be the provision that no LONG term deals are signed, then natural selection will continue to chip away at the talent base until people get fired.

Detroit has already waived goodbye to any chance at an elite free agent coming here. (Not that many ever hit the market anymore to begin with, but that ship has sailed.)

Now we'll see guys of Mike Green's caliber stop answering the phone, and it will only be the scrubs and has-beens who take Kenny's money...which will improve the draft stock, despite the front office fighting Father Time like an exhausted infant fighting off the moment that they finally pass out and go to sleep.

It's just sad that a 5 year process will take at least 10 years, simply because management thinks they're still the smartest guy in the room.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Like is he signing those players then trade them at the deadline? That is the only thing I can think of that would make some sense. Would some of those players even sign 1 year deals?

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Doesn't really matter if they sign any of those players. Wings will fail to make the playoffs and Holland will continue to look like a dumb***. Just speeds up his eventual firing, so that's a win in my book.

Organization is basically in a vegetative state till he is gone.

I said the same thing.
Let him dig his own grave even deeper

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Like is he signing those players then trade them at the deadline? That is the only thing I can think of that would make some sense. Would some of those players even sign 1 year deals?

Girardi and Daley will have enough interest to leverage multi year deals.

I highly doubt Hainsey or Campbell will get multi year deals.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I'm for it as long as they're 1 year deals so we can get draft picks for them at the TDL

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Well the guy Kenny ran out of town is in on Shattenkirk and Girardi. No one wants to come here now.
Elliotte Friedman
?
@FriedgeHNIC

Word is TB has expressed interest in Dan Girardi. We'll see where it goes over the next few days

Probably doing it as a favor to Girardi to get Kenny to pay more to acquire him. :popcorn:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Whichever defensemen that gives us the best chance to lose. So basically any of the ones that would actually sign here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad