OT: SNL New York Rangers Spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I didn't see it as offensive. There was some racial humor, yeah, but it was ridiculously mild and not like he was dropping racial slurs or anything.

It's actually nice the Rangers got a little notice.

I do agree that it went on a bit too long, though, and Chance was actually pretty good with the comedic timing.

Reactions: NCRanger

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It wasn't bad, and it was cool that they used the Rangers, but I personally didn't die laughing like others have said. SNL has lost the mojo it used to have.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I can actually picture AV saying we have enough icings to open a bakery.

But then again, he wouldn't say that. Because it's part of the turtle strategy.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
i thought it was funny, its how everybody else on the planet other then hockey fans see the sport. personally im ok with it, the last name thing was hilarious because i can guarantee that 99% of people that are ranger fans wouldnt know how to pronounce his last name without being told

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
My favorite part is when Chance zooms in on the black fan in the stands during the replay analysis but otherwise it was the same old unwatchable SNL
They took a simple concept "Black guys dont watch hockey" then beat the viewer over the head with it.

Could've had skjei come out with no teeth or have players fight mid interview. Just 4 mins of the same joke was sad.

Reactions: McD27

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It was very hacky. But it seems like someone on the main board was offended because of the extremely mild racial humor.
Bunch of f***ing snowflakes over there, seriously...

You got a black guy making fun of his own kind and understanding the stereo type that he blacks don't usually watch hockey. People offended by this need to get over themselves.

Anyways, thought the skit was hilarious

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
They took a simple concept "Black guys dont watch hockey" then beat the viewer over the head with it.

Could've had skjei come out with no teeth or have players fight mid interview. Just 4 mins of the same joke was sad.
Yea overused joke, I liked the concept of zooming in on something else during a replay analysis, rather than the race thing. It was the most surprising joke in an otherwise predictable sketch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad