GDT: Snes @ Red Wings | Pre-Doot Doot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Zero even strength points. Seems to be following the same path as last year.

And if he fails to pot another ES point all year but plays like he has so far, there should be zero complaints.

He's been great and provided everything we need from a middle 6 forward.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That was a terrific game. Best all-around game Ottawa played all season EASILY.

And that was vintage Hamburglar. Look so so good. Loved it.

Everyone was good except Neil and Smith as said earlier. Wier was also better but the weakest of the D still which is still somewhat concerning.

This was hands down best game Ryan played all season and was the same Ryan that was here mid-season last year.

Just a great game all-around I loved it.

To actually think we played like this without Hoffman and MacArthur is beyond impressive. Or even Wideman in lineup.

I don't want to be a downer but for some reason I feel like most of the time we play really well in Detroit, so I would like to really see the exact same play today at home too and at other arenas before I get too excited. If that makes sense.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't want to be a downer but for some reason I feel like most of the time we play really well in Detroit, so I would like to really see the exact same play today at home too and at other arenas before I get too excited. If that makes sense.

It must have been fun cheering for us playing so well next to all your Detroit buds.

Reminds me, Jbeck is probably hung over :laugh:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was very concerned with how Hammond has looked to date, so nice to see him come through with a solid performance. Frankly, I think Andy plays better when he feels like he's being pushed or questioned, so look for a huge game from him tonight.

Oh, and for a "struggling" player Bobby Ryan sure looks good. He's always going to be a little streaky, but there's no denying his talent and skill level. That was just a filthy pass to Puempel.

Cowen is starting to come around. You can see why the club didn't want to give up on a 6'5" defenseman with potential. He was stellar on a couple of those kills.

Finally, I am glad Smith got planked for those dumb penalties. He has a habit of taking selfish retaliation penalties, and good for Cameron to send the message nice and early in the year. Hope everyone else got the message also.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It must have been fun cheering for us playing so well next to all your Detroit buds.

Reminds me, Jbeck is probably hung over :laugh:

Yeah it's always a good time even though I'm pretty mellow nowadays. I did have a few...drinks and was whining out loud a bit about those 5 on 3s.

I also like being really really lame on purpose so every time there's a Lets Go Wings chant I would yell "not" after the crowd said "let's" like a ten year old kid.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
thank the lord. and also thanks to detroit for making us look half decent. not to be a downer but it felt more like them sucking than us being particularly awesome but i"ll take it

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good all-around performance.

I think the score was pretty flattering to the Wings.

Ottawa carried the play for most of the game.

Nice to score first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad