GDT: Snes @ Red Wings | Pre-Doot Doot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was hating on Hammond before the game but I'll gladly give my kudos to him for a solid performance.

Everyone played well tonight besides Neil and Smith (shocker). Maybe our most complete game of the season from start to finish. Really liked Cowen and Chiasson's grindy play tonight.

Turris looks like a real #1C so far and that makes me so happy. Zibanejad looked dangerous every time he had the puck. Wiercioch even made nice plays when retrieving the puck deep in his zone.

I know it's hard since we don't have another C to take his spot but Smith should be sat tomorrow. No excuses for those penalties tonight that could have sunk us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My vcash bet streak is still alive boys.

Will make sure to go all in again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
McCormick got called up because Lazar got injured i think.

Puemple got called up because Hoffman got injured.

So Puemple will most likely be the one that is sent back.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
If he keeps scoring and develops chemistry with Ryam, Puempel will make it hard for them to send him down.

It could make it easier for Murray to flip a guy like Smith to make room for Lazar at Center.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
McCormick got called up because Lazar got injured i think.

Puemple got called up because Hoffman got injured.

So Puemple will most likely be the one that is sent back.

McCormick was brought to be a bottom 6 guy. Puempel was brought to be a top 6. Different roles. I think Puempel has a spot until Mac and Hoffman are healthy and even then if he keeps scoring he'll stay.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Best game of the year so far. Hammond was terrific and the Wings needed a 5-3 to beat him.

One of Karlsson's better games, he was trying to shoot more and was getting more shots through. Hopefully he's shaken off all the off-season rust and is getting back to his regular form. Today was a step in the right direction.

Othello*

My predictions are bang on so far. Condra/Prince have been outplaying him. Puempel will soon be added to that list.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dude, it was warranted. Don't pretend you knew he was suddenly going to play like he is right now. ;)

Here's the thing: I don't think he's playing all that differently from how he played after January last year. It's the same guy.

I was adamant that his Oct-Jan from last year was just his worst slump of all time. Everyone was saying "he's done", and "he's not even an NHLer", and I maintained that you can't judge a player by his worst slump. I pretty much said it all year. This is not a new argument on my part.

"Don't pretend he was suddenly going to play like he is right now"? He played like this for months last year, and I was saying this last year, of course I thought he could continue it.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lots of big storylines coming out of HF after this game. With Milan "we could have kept Condrs instead" Michalek now considered good and the next highest paid non superstar veteran Clarke MacArthur out indefinitely, who will take up the mantle of HFsens whipping boy?

Wiercioch is a heavy favourite, but to be the whipping boy you've got to have runs of good or decent play that can be ignored by posters trashing your play, and I'm not sure he has that in him just yet. Not to mention, he only makes 2 million per.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That was a terrific game. Best all-around game Ottawa played all season EASILY.

And that was vintage Hamburglar. Look so so good. Loved it.

Everyone was good except Neil and Smith as said earlier. Wier was also better but the weakest of the D still which is still somewhat concerning.

This was hands down best game Ryan played all season and was the same Ryan that was here mid-season last year.

Just a great game all-around I loved it.

To actually think we played like this without Hoffman and MacArthur is beyond impressive. Or even Wideman in lineup.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I thought all played well as a unit including Z Smith, you want that second penalty back for sure and discuss it with him but otherwise he was hard on the puck and finishing his man off everytime, exactly what he is supposed to be doing.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
And we haven't even gone on our 20 game win streak yet

Haha... not yet.

I'm just happy with our play last night. Everyone was skating and going hard to the puck. It's really all you can ask for. Hammond was also solid in net.

Hopefully this play continues tonight. Another divisional win would be huge!

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
And I just noticed the Sens are 2nd in the Atlantic in a tie with Tampa!

Not bad for a "struggling" team and a few injured players.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
And I just noticed the Sens are 2nd in the Atlantic in a tie with Tampa!

Not bad for a "struggling" team and a few injured players.

This goes in the positive thread!

Luckily the teams in our division are also struggling so our horrible hockey to start hasn't affected the sens too much in the standings. Just keep getting wins... no matter how ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad