Pre-Game Talk: SNES in the Buff, Thurs.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't care about the line numbers... I just think those 3 would be good together. If Kelly is moving up .. I think he compliments Greig and Tkachuk better.
I am not saying he's a 1st line winger. I have also been calling for a bigger shake up in the lines which we are seeing. Its too bad we couldn't have Norris centering the 3rd line.
Someone will replace Norris on January 21st

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is this a shot fired at Stü or a carrot for Kelly's recent play, geez... From 4th line to playing on the top centers wing
We need a lot more jam in the top 6 and Stü just isn't giving us any right meow so give him a winger who jams and who is a bit hot.

Stü is trying to finesse his way through this and it isn't going to work at the NHL.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Joseph playing C is going to be the interesting. Not ideal. Faceoffs is a small part of that.. Its a big change with the reads and to think that position vs being an energy winger. No Norris . No Chartier. No cap space options are limited. At least we know he can get up and down the ice.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need a lot more jam in the top 6 and Stü just isn't giving us any right meow so give him a winger who jams and who is a bit hot.

Stü is trying to finesse his way through this and it isn't going to work at the NHL.
Stutzle is trying very hard to get things done. Unfortunately he is trying to do it by himself. He needs some guidance from his coaches. There is no way I would trade him; it would be a desperate and foolish move to do so at this time. He just needs more experience and guidance during his youth.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Someone will replace Norris on January 21st
Many expect 'someone' (aka Pinto) to sign an NHL minimum pay contract (750K?) on his return. He may well do that to avoid confrontation and earn his way back into peoples' good books. Then again, he may not figuring he served his 'sentence'. I'm guessing he will sign for minimum but he and his agent are going to make it crystal clear this is a one-time discount and he fully expects full market value and term going forward.

Couple related questions...
(1) Would the Sens only be hit with half the league minimum ($375K) given the player is only under contract for half season?
(2) Do the Sens not have to move somebody else out/down to make room? They are right up against the CAP at present.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Joseph playing C is going to be the interesting. Not ideal. Faceoffs is a small part of that.. Its a big change with the reads and to think that position vs being an energy winger. No Norris . No Chartier. No cap space options are limited. At least we know he can get up and down the ice.
I hope it works out well, similar to the way Stutzle performed so well at center when he was shifted there.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1705014234643.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad