Pre-Game Talk: SNES in the Buff, Thurs.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
The Sens are 3 wins 11 losses since December 12th.
We could win against Buffalo tonight,
however, on the other hand we could lose to Buffalo tonight.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
]
The Sens are 3 wins 11 losses since December 12th.
We could win against Buffalo tonight,
however, on the other hand we could lose to Buffalo tonight.
:rolleyes:

The unknown is why we watch. We get upset when there are no surprises. No lose tonight for fans - if we lose we get so upset and that’s fun, and if we win- that’ll be a nice surprise

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I for 1 am happy Timmy and Brady are miserable. They should be. They suck and are lying to themselves and the disillusion is not only necessary but 3 years to late.

I never liked how here was so much losing but so much optimism and so many excuses (injury, schedule, bounced, reffing, Covid) - it was never on the players to win under DJ and the players were being told every game how amazing they were.

What we had was a coach living his dream so he was just happy to be in the Head Coach seat and DJ didn’t want anybody ruining his waking dream so he treated everyday like it was NYE because he was living his dream and didn’t want any bad press coming into it. And so DJ spoiled the kids and now we are seeing the consequences of disillusionment and reality setting in.

The players were told they were amazing for 5 years - when in reality they were just living in DJs Smith dream of being happy to be in the NHL and. Or happy to be a winner in the NHL. Now the players are alone in Jacques Martin’s dream and he’s telling them your youth and latent isn’t enough. You needed to be men and suck it up

Remember when we were so mad at Jacques Martin for telling Spezza it’s a man’s game - look at Martin’s Quotes after the Calgary game it’s the exact same thing 22 years later “they need to be men and suck it up” “they need to show maturity and realize talent alone isn’t enough”

We were mad at JM for not putting Spezza into a lineup that had so much talent we could insulate Soezza and just benefit from his offence, but JM knows culture and called BS. He’s doing the same thing now with these kids - necessary. Misery is a good thing at the moment

Last edited:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Time for TOUGH LOVE. Next screw up..the guy sits. Will JM do it? Bench 7 72 6 19 9?

Set a (low) standard for acceptable play. Consequences = less icetime, no PP

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Has buffalo been embarrassed recently? We really like throwing games against teams that could use a confidence boost.

If not then easy W

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Is Levi in net? I'm kinda rooting for the kid that made it right out of the CCHL. (Well, and HC, but yeah.)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I thought we would actually beat the Flames and lost $20. I think I’ll pass on doubling down lol
I did the exact same thing only $20. The lines for Sens games are usually pretty good. Unfortunately the team is so unbelievably bad that you're almost always likely to lose betting on the Sens lol

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I did the exact same thing only $20. The lines for Sens games are usually pretty good. Unfortunately the team is so unbelievably bad that you're almost always likely to lose betting on the Sens lol
Bet on the over, and their top line scorers to get points. Sens are a goldmine.

61% of the Sens games have hit over 6.5, 73% have hit over 5.5. The other teams stars produce almost every game

Over 5.5/6.5 x Over 0.5 points Tuch x Over 0.5 points Thompson, something like that if you don't want to bet on the Sens to lose.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Because it is wider than it is high.

I predict a win because we can't lose them all!
Probably not, but a full out tank is probably about all we could salvage now that would have a long term effect.

1704988021737.png

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Was invited for some box seats tonight but can't go all of a sudden. Now I'm expecting a barn burner.
I wouldn't care if I had seats on the bench and I could hang out with the players before during and after the game.

Who wants to watch, or be around, a bunch of losers.

Probably not, but a full out tank is probably about all we could salvage now that would have a long term effect.

View attachment 800788
We have been in full tank mode all year! We are just getting better at getting worse.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Is that even possible at this point?
It's gotten to that point again....
The point of no return. We can't make the playoffs so we might as well cheer losses and laugh at wins.

I always love seeing the dudes, the guys, on the team when they win a game in garbage time.

There are incentives in contracts to play well and get more money. There should definitely be an incentive where if they don't play well enough we take their money away.

Tkachuk is not worth his contract, Norris is not worth it, Stuzle can't score a goal to save his life.

The only forward that I am happy with is Batherson.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad