Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He's a little bitch.
oooh-chris-pratt.gif

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Cant beat em on the ice so they gotta try and beat em on the streets eh. Classic Montreal.

Truly baffles me how they have so many points. Their roster is awful, team full of 2nd and 3rd liners. No true elite elite talents in the organization.
They do suck, and get outplayed almost every night.

As of about 1 month ago, they led the NHL in "goalie steals", games they should have lost, but the goalie stole with 9. Their 3 goalies are keeping the Habs far away from Mac Celebrini.

Meanwhile, the Sens have had the NHL's worst goaltending. Fortunately, they seem to be average since Peters took over as goalie coach.

Question for tonight, can the Sens continue their 7 game winning streak against the Toilet Seat boys?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In 1 week it’ll be tough to think Jacques Martin might not be the coach of this team next year and trusting the success of the team to another coach next season will seem like a really stupid idea.

Reactions: ottawagm

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I echo the sentiment that I have no idea how the habs have any wins. Coaching? Ok...that is one blah lineup they have. Blah.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Looking forward to the defensive liability/AHL d-man Xhekaj get praised by Habs fans for everything he does tonight. I hope our top 3 lines which are finally fully intact make that sorry excuse of a Habs team pay.

We'll forget about how said sorry team is actually above us in the standings, but anyway....

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
In 1 week it’ll be tough to think Jacques Martin might not be the coach of this team next year and trusting the success of the team to another coach next season will seem like a really stupid idea.

So have you come around to what I’ve been saying for a few weeks now?

J Martin will not be the full time head coach next season.

I keep pointing to the Vancouver example, who fired BB I think Jan 24th last year, and brought in RT, and they used the rest of last season to get to know each other, who was buying into the new coaches system, and working out all the New Coach Growing pains…

Then in the off-season the veteran GM of Vancouver tweeted the roster, and the team was ready and primed to start the 2023/24 season from the get go……. And a team that finished the points below Ottawa, and 12 points out of the playoffs and now sitting first overall in points, and second overall in P%.

J Martin was retired, had not worked in the NHL for a few years, and was convinced to come in as a consultant….. and was roped into the interim coach position because our rookie GM has his heart set on someone (for head coach) that will not be available until the offseason, whenever that person is fired, or their contract expires….. and the new coach, at training camp, will involve a learning curve, with his system being implemented, and that will extend well into next season…. We don’t need another extended (into the regular season) training camp……. Why not bring in the best available head coach now, and begin the process and get it over this season, that is already written off?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
who will play Goal? Sogaard or Korpisalo?
Please not Sogaard. He really needs to go down, lets try someone else up here.

Xhekaj is actually a pretty good player. Its really too bad Montreal has him, I dont think anyone should engage him in a fight. Ottawa doesnt have anyone in this organization that can go toe to toe with him unfortunately. Hopefully Montreal does try and goon it up and Ottawa just takes it to them. From a pure talent perspective this isnt close, Montreal is a bad team. More than a sum of its parts for sure, St Louis is a heck of a coach. The goal differential and the Regulation wins do not lie.

So have you come around to what I’ve been saying for a few weeks now?

J Martin will not be the full time head coach next season.

I keep pointing to the Vancouver example, who fired BB I think Jan 24th last year, and brought in RT, and they used the rest of last season to get to know each other, who was buying into the new coaches system, and working out all the New Coach Growing pains…

Then in the off-season the veteran GM of Vancouver tweeted the roster, and the team was ready and primed to start the 2023/24 season from the get go……. And a team that finished the points below Ottawa, and 12 points out of the playoffs and now sitting first overall in points, and second overall in P%.

J Martin was retired, had not worked in the NHL for a few years, and was convinced to come in as a consultant….. and was roped into the interim coach position because our rookie GM has his heart set on someone (for head coach) that will not be available until the offseason, whenever that person is fired, or their contract expires….. and the new coach, at training camp, will involve a learning curve, with his system being implemented, and that will extend well into next season…. We don’t need another extended (into the regular season) training camp……. Why not bring in the best available head coach now, and begin the process and get it over this season, that is already written off?
Do you even watch the games? Literally everyone that understands the sport knew this team would take a while to adjust to real accountability and systems. Its happening now but I assume you just dont watch or dont have the hockey acumen to even notice is happening.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Please not Sogaard. He really needs to go down, lets try someone else up here.

Xhekaj is actually a pretty good player. Its really too bad Montreal has him, I dont think anyone should engage him in a fight. Ottawa doesnt have anyone in this organization that can go toe to toe with him unfortunately. Hopefully Montreal does try and goon it up and Ottawa just takes it to them. From a pure talent perspective this isnt close, Montreal is a bad team. More than a sum of its parts for sure, St Louis is a heck of a coach. The goal differential and the Regulation wins do not lie.
So good he couldn't crack MTL's NHL roster. Ouch

Reactions: swiftwin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So good he couldn't crack MTL's NHL roster. Ouch
The one thing they do have is alot of good young D men. They have been rotating them up and down. I think we can all agree that rushing defensemen rarely works out. He went down after an injury because some of the guys they brought up were playing well so he stayed down. A luxury a team has when players are on their entry deals. He would be an amazing piece here, you win with D men like him. Big heavy guys that can make a good first pass. Xhakej is one of the few unique elite ones talents they have. Not sure why people throw context away when evaluating a team that is a rival of Ottawa.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Cant beat em on the ice so they gotta try and beat em on the streets eh. Classic Montreal.

Truly baffles me how they have so many points. Their roster is awful, team full of 2nd and 3rd liners. No true elite elite talents in the organization.
Coaching can make a difference.

Tkachuk and MacEwan will play and MTL fans will cry that we're gooning it up. Meanwhile they are in love with goon cart wrangler wifi supreme.
I want Tkachuk, MacEwen and Kastelic in the lineup to address the goon if necessary. And if the goon targets our best skilled players, we do the same to theirs.

Reactions: DrEasy

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This is precisely why they brought up Xhakej. They want people to focus in on him being in the lineup and not that the Habs were on the losing end of a horrific game and effort last time against us. Who the F cares about a 6th D-man for Montreal. Go out there and score some goals and call it a night.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Jake Allen 3.49 .901 confirmed
Was really good vs Colorado his last showing
Korpi likely for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad