Post-Game Talk: Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Didn’t watch the game

how did the newnew lines look? Wonder if he keeps kreider and Zibs separated?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think bringing up Othman would be a big mistake for his development…he’s just barely started to figure it out in the AHL

Yeah calling him up now would be a bad idea.

However if he keeps doing what hes been doing for another month or so its worth revisiting. 3rd line pp2 duties would not be the end of the world. We have a need and it would be best to see if they can fill it in house before venturing out of the organization.

Reactions: JCProdigy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Funniest board on hf by MILES is the Devils board.

Rangers win = They are still bad 5v5. Luck. All they have is goaltending pk and pp.

They’ve had a lot of practice. We keep winning. Keep in mind the devils lost to the sharks (checks calendar) YESTERDAY.

Bet they wished they were as bad as we are. Just hang the “won a first round series” banner and keep little brothering forever. Love every second of it. Cant get enough. Addicted.

Kind of a weird observation for them to make considering that they kind of shat on Nashville 5v5 over the last 40 in this game and outscored them 3-1 5v5 overall.

If all the Rangers have is the PP PK and goaltending then the Devils are the Rangers... with out the PK and goaltending.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
We are a very good hockey team. I expected a snoozer. They made that game exciting and shut them down after tying it.
The team is 10x better coached and that makes a huge difference. This is essentially the same team as last year, just with Gustafsson being a major upgrade on Harpoon.

This team still struggles against teams that press high and pressure our defense in their own end. Gustafsson over Harpoon is a huge step in the right direction but the zone exits still need to be faster and crisper.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Glad to see Fox picked it up in the second half.

I caught the first half of the game and it was some of the worst hockey I’ve seen from him.

Reactions: egelband

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Giving us heart attacks is a team trait. LOL
mpv-shot0001.jpg

He's in early...

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jonny B was always good. Just bad luck and playing with guys worse than him instead of better.
Not sure what people have against this guy. Labeling him a AAAA player. Players sometimes get better, pick up thing along the way.
You have to go with the youth over Wheeler, whose nick name should be "flat tire". Sorry Wheels.
Speaking of wheels, Brodz surely has some.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
View attachment 776858

I didn't realize how short Del Zotto is. It's not like Klein is a giant.

Del Zotto for Klein was one of the best trades Sather ever made.
Its because he was in the back, further away. Trick photograpy, just an illusion.

Daryl Hall suing John Oates

Jonny Brodzinski outproducing Kaapo Kakko

Which is more shocking?
I know what makes me more upset, and I'm not smiling.......Sarah.

Reactions: will1066 and tlk

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I want to see the Trocheck facewash again!
That was awesome! Chatting with the ref, glove in his face as if it wasn't Trochek doing it, and the best of all......he was laughing and grinning like "you're not going to penalize me for what you think your seeing, are you? Lmao.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Lavi switching the lines had REAL impact because he never does it unlike GG did.
Do it too often and it rarely does anything
Be curious what lines start tonight

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Didn’t watch the game

how did the newnew lines look? Wonder if he keeps kreider and Zibs separated?
Still undefeated when @duhmetreE doesn’t watch!

I’d say it was more about splitting up that first line which was complete dog shit. Bottom 6 guys were contributing, Trocheck was an animal, then we had the two quick PPs which was what really brought us back into the game. And Zibs f***ed one up leading to a SHG.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nashville has a good team. Don't forget that.

And yes, Wheeler does look cooked. Unfortunate.
Yup.....we have a few spots that need some upgrading in the ranks...his spot being one of them . We seem to be doing OK...with Chytil/KK out , with our depth .....but it might catch up to us if we lose another piece .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The team is 10x better coached and that makes a huge difference. This is essentially the same team as last year, just with Gustafsson being a major upgrade on Harpoon.

This team still struggles against teams that press high and pressure our defense in their own end. Gustafsson over Harpoon is a huge step in the right direction but the zone exits still need to be faster and crisper.
Those should improve once Fox finishes his second training camp. He has some rust to shed .

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Not sure what people have against this guy. Labeling him a AAAA player. Players sometimes get better, pick up thing along the way.
You have to go with the youth over Wheeler, whose nick name should be "flat tire". Sorry Wheels.
Speaking of wheels, Brodz surely has some.
I challenge anyone here to tell me something Goodrow does better than him. Other than watch Nikita Kucherov score goals

• Haha
Reactions: dangsLITE

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yup. No need to bring up any of the kids this year. Let them learn the pro game in Hartford. Brodzinski was the right callup at this time.
Finally not rushing these kids and doing the right thing. Especially since Hartford is a terrific team and not depressing loser anymroe.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I am not sure if it’s a thing but I’ve noticed Vinnie giving Laf the facewash after every win this season. Like Kreider and Zibanejad chest pumps.
Fortunately, I haven't seen the K&Z antics. Gonna look for that face wash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad