Post-Game Talk: Small victories, Jets win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Most 3rd line centers do - he's no different. And by "very specific" I assume you mean 2 way players - because that's what he had.

The main factor that doesn't get enough attention is the fact that he can do a lot of the hard things that the offense guys struggle with - he adds a nice mix to a bottom 6 line that has value.
You move him to the 4th line with a couple of plugs, he probably gets 6 - 8 minutes (plus PK) - and that goes against what I stated in my original reply to another poster.
But if you move him down with what we have, he's another plug and all the things he brings end up sitting on the bench.

I could be convinced other wise if we actually had the pcs to make up a scoring 3rd line - looks like we might have some scoring a couple of years away and that would be the time to move him down IMO.
I'm also assuming Stastny and Copp are on the way out -

I'm talking about needing a fast forechecker that can win pucks and yes another defensive guy like Copp. That's when he's had his most success.

It's a moot point because as you alluded two both Copp and Stastny are likely gone in a couple of weeks. It's just imo an opportunity lost while we had Ehelers, Stastny, Copp and Perfetti in the Frey with Conner, Mark, Blake and Dubois.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
There are simply less posters on here lately.

I am not sure where or if you can look and compare participation numbers on the Jets forum specifically but I’d be shocked if they were not down by a decent margin since, say, 3 years ago.:huh:

I still very much enjoy my time on here! I know the Baron can be a bit of a sour puss but he still very much enjoys our hockey club at heart.:thumbu:

The baron will be there in person Tuesday against them crazy habitant.

Go Jets Go
I'm guessing many got tired of having their posts deleted or were suspended and didn't come back.
Both for me. I was in the sin bin from November to February. Surprised I came back.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Wheeler is personal friends with Chipman. How is any of what happened a mystery? Priorities
upload_2022-2-28_21-34-14.gif

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I'm guessing many got tired of having their posts deleted or were suspended and didn't come back.
Both for me. I was in the sin bin from November to February. Surprised I came back.
lol I’ve been penalized the odd time on here and a few times in my younger days on the Blue Bombers forum. Heck I even had to change my handle on the Bomber forum a few years ago.:laugh:

I am glad you are back!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Lowry brings a lot of other intangibles to the Jets line up -
I know we base a lot of player worth on offense but he is one of those that might warrant 3rd line minutes based on other attributes (defensive play, shut down, and toughness) -
Sometimes those things can add a lot in filling out a good team.
That might all translate to 4th line at some point - but I think it will be more than 8-10 min's when you take into consideration his utility.
Lowry’s highest value is when he provided shutdown defense , toughness and scoring. Individually and with his linemates they outscored the opposition, which was often a lot of minutes against higher qoc.
His intangibles don’t outweigh his lack of scoring relative to his toi. Winning teams simply do not utilize players in a 3c role with his p/60.
I agree that due to injury the depth isn’t there to do much about that, however there was opportunity at the start of the year and after Wheeler returned from injury. The Jets chose their version of what 3rd line roles are supposed to be however.
I don’t see any reason why the Jets couldn’t put a 3rd scoring line together next season. Much of that depends on how they feel the first line can match up against other teams top lines however. It’s been a major problem this year and Lowry hasn’t been part of any solution for it.

I love Lowry and what he brings to the team, I have his jersey. The Jets need more output from him for the role he plays though, it’s just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad