Small Soft D vs Big Strong D

What kind of D do you like?

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Right, the small side has some of the best small defensemen, where the big is all over the place and completely flawed. Guys like Hedman or Parayko or Burns should be in there. Once you include the top big guys, then it's the big guys, no questions asked.
But then youd need to add Karlsson, Josi, Subban, Ellis, etc.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
But then youd need to add Karlsson, Josi, Subban, Ellis, etc.

Ellis is already in the poll, I wouldn't consider the other 3 to be small though. Just how I wouldn't put Pietrangelo in the list on the big/strong side.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ellis is already in the poll, I wouldn't consider the other 3 to be small though. Just how I wouldn't put Pietrangelo in the list on the big/strong side.
Pie is 6'3, he has to be a big one. Josi is average but slim, Subban and Karlsson are both below average. Karlsson is slim as hell too.

Subban is deceptive because hes thick and all but I wouldnt say hes big. Hes tough to play with in tighter areas because of his thickness..

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pie is 6'3, he has to be a big one. Josi is average but slim, Subban and Karlsson are both below average. Karlsson is slim as hell too.

Subban is deceptive because hes thick and all but I wouldnt say hes big. Hes tough to play with in tighter areas because of his thickness..

Subban is strong, I don't consider Josi or Karlsson "small". Pie is not strong, he's closer to soft on that spectrum.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Right, the small side has some of the best small defensemen, where the big is all over the place and completely flawed. Guys like Hedman or Parayko or Burns should be in there. Once you include the top big guys, then it's the big guys, no questions asked.
Parayko yea

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's not small either though which is the point. Subban is built the same way that Francois Beauchemin was built. About 6'0 and like a freight train with a low center of gravity. Except Subban is even thicker and stronger than Beauch.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's not small either though which is the point. Subban is built the same way that Francois Beauchemin was built. About 6'0 and like a freight train with a low center of gravity. Except Subban is even thicker and stronger than Beauch.
Having seen him in real life, I can tell you hes small. Im 5 11 and looked about even with him, though that was in 2014. But yeah hes obviously really strong but so is a guy like Krug.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad