Smackdown Live Part 20: The Phenomenal Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bobby's pop tonight was lacklustre.

I love Harper.. wish he got pushed at Mania when he was hot. But I'll take this team again if it gets him back on TV. Rowan is better in. Tag-Team anyway.

Small town reactions are always terrible.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stole it from r/sq but I don't care, now that The New Day has moved on, make Kofi or Big E the number one contender for the WWE Title, preferably Kofi since he's been there forever it seems and have him take the title off Jinder after the India tour.

I know it won't happen, but it'd be nice for Kofi to get that moment, even if just for a month.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Couple thoughts...

- Still think it's really, really dumb to have Breezango take the pin there. You can legitimately make something of them...especially now. Taking pins is literally why you have Ascension and Hype Bros on the roster

- Great work by Sami on the mic...95% of the time. I thought it got really corny and cheesy at the end with the constant hand raising and "No no...the victorious Kevin Owens!"

- Rowan and Harper look dumb as hell but they're a really strong tag team. Certainly one of the best Smackdown has.

- I get Corbin winning clean...I don't necessarily like it but I suppose it ends the AJ/Corbin thing which is good so...AJ can move on to bigger and better OH MY GOD HE'S MOVING TO WORK ALONGSIDE SHANE.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wanted Sami to go a little more psycho with his character, but I still enjoyed it. His reasoning is completely logical. I am not asking him to be CM Punk, but I think he has one more layer to that dark Sami character.

I loved the logic behind it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wanted Sami to go a little more psycho with his character, but I still enjoyed it. His reasoning is completely logical. I am not asking him to be CM Punk, but I think he has one more layer to that dark Sami character.

I loved the logic behind it.
Amazing how well people come across when they're not forced to say contrived crap that is insinscere and makes no sense.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Speaking of, GKJ, when the hell did the Usos become so good on the mic? I loved their delivery. They feed off one another well, too. The squeaky voice one isn't as good, but they flow so natural. It's fresh and very enjoyable.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It goes hand in hand with their heel turn tbh.

I hated the Usos for YEARS...like...I thought they were fine but then they went over Harper/Rowan when they shouldn't have and it grow to a strong...strong dislike....But now they're straight up fantastic and deserve every ounce of praise they get.

Ask Falco. He'll confirm how much I hated them.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Speaking of, GKJ, when the hell did the Usos become so good on the mic? I loved their delivery. They feed off one another well, too. The squeaky voice one isn't as good, but they flow so natural. It's fresh and very enjoyable.

They've gone from "The Bluechipper" Rocky Maivia to The Rock. They feel authentic now, not just a couple of guys doing Vince's version of Samoan babyfaces. They've been good in the ring for a long time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their gimmick allows to be more themselves than they were as painted-up Samoans

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It goes hand in hand with their heel turn tbh.

I hated the Usos for YEARS...like...I thought they were fine but then they went over Harper/Rowan when they shouldn't have and it grow to a strong...strong dislike....But now they're straight up fantastic and deserve every ounce of praise they get.

Ask Falco. He'll confirm how much I hated them.

Nah PiF been wearing Usos pajamas for years. Don’t let him fool you. :sarcasm:

Yeah that 2/3 Falls match where they went over Harper/Rowen was a turning point. They shouldn’t have won that match and it hurt both teams. Don’t think the Usos ever fully recovered up until their heel turn this year with the Alphas.

Usos GOAT

well we know who The New Day is working next with Harper and Rowan reunited.

So Harper and Rowan are the Bludgeon Brothers now.

Bludgeon Brothers could be shorted to BB or 2B if you think about it.

Harper/Rowan attacked Breezango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad