Smackdown Live Part 20: The Phenomenal Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well that definitely sounds better, a bit more backstory, logic, buildup etc. That Roode-Strong feud premise reminds me a little bit of the old Raven-Dreamer feud. I should probably pay attention to NXT more.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roode is a good example of what they're doing wrong in the beginning. They brought him up and just expected his entrance to keep him over, which it has to a degree, but there's a shelf-life and they've given him nothing beyond that to make people who haven't seen him before want to pull for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
An entrance only takes you so far. Just ask Enzo and Cass. WWE can't be that stupid to expect Roode to be a face long-term just because of his entrance. Then again, WWE is arguably the dumbest wrestling promotion in the world excluding TNA or whatever they're called these days.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The problem with Roode is that his character cannot exists in WWE.

He came into to NXT playing the big star who was going to pull NXT up to his level, getting rid of the current trash fans and bringing suits and boxes and whatnot. He was a "business champion" for a lack of a better name, he was a big time star coming into a small time NXT. But WWE is the actual legit big time, so he's got nothing there at all.

Then add in the face turn, which means he'll fall victim to all the same issues that all the others have been hampered with.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This company seems to just refuse to push the hot hand. They want to push who they want and they have no issues letting actual hot talents do nothing until their heat evaporates.

How the horsewoman were handled is a great example. They came up with insane heat, Sasha most of all, and they let that vanish.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sami Zayn opening the show.

Ziggler vs Roode

Jinder to announce something in regards to Survivor Series

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
are WWE using this promo to say Sami wasnt pushed cause the crowd didnt make it happen? lol

also heel Sami is still weird but hes killing it

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
my face when i'm on the toilet
f191ae0e4f.jpg

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Sami + KO vs Orton and Nakamura wow

its worth noting Sami v Nakamura and KO v Orton have been advertised for SD house shows

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just don’t care about Orton and honestly, the booking of Nak has turned me off there too.

Can’t get into SD like at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad