WWE: Smackdown Live 23 - When will AJ invest in a protective cup?

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I'd do it. That, or AJ lucks into a win and then drops it to Joe at HIAC.

I'd have Orton move into a program with Styles, too, either after Styles drops it or heading into WM. Styles is the ultimate "Indy darling" and still does "too sweet" sometimes and is a fan favourite that Orton would feel has been disrespected for.

I don't know if I'd have Joe be a tweener champion who takes on anyone, but I think I'd have some programs with the likes of Rusev, Hardy, and eventually Bryan getting a title program. Bryan's return journey ending with him (finally) winning the Rumble and facing Joe at WM for the title would be sick.

AJ could even drop the title to Joe via interference from Orton to transition into their feud without even hurting AJ at all, while giving Joe the title for a run with it. Use the "Orton hates indy darlings" angle and it works perfectly.

Reactions: Fro

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
AJ could even drop the title to Joe via interference from Orton to transition into their feud without even hurting AJ at all, while giving Joe the title for a run with it. Use the "Orton hates indy darlings" angle and it works perfectly.

But....Joe is also an Indy darling...

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Solid point! Though one could argue he would hate AJ more since he probably has the best career over the past decade, especially on the indies.

I'm sure a story could be worked where Orton causes the title drop to Joe but continues to feud with AJ. I think heel Joe would just want the title and has no interest in standing up for the indy world whereas face AJ would.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
True, but Randy’s probably smart enough to know to wait out on going after Joe if they have a common interest in taking out Styles who Randy would see as the ultimate Indy darling. Then when Randy wants the title he takes the attack to Joe before moving to Raw and continuing the story over there vs. Balor, Rollins, Ambrose.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Legend Killer to Indy Darling Killer. I love it!
I like looking at it as Legend Killer —> Legend instead. Full circle. Now he’s not getting his respect and is going to take it from the Indy guys.

I wonder if this is one of his final full-time runs.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’m just gonna say this:

At summerslam the Miz should beat Daniel Bryan for 2 reasons

1) if Daniel doesn’t sign with the wwe it makes the Miz into a bigger star

2) Daniel does sign and you can build to a match where the Miz after beating Daniel takes the title from AJ and Daniel can win the rumble and take the title from the Miz

Reactions: CPTN71

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Daniel does sign and you can build to a match where the Miz after beating Daniel takes the title from AJ and Daniel can win the rumble and take the title from the Miz

I really like this idea. The Mizs promo skills would be perfect to build a match as big as a DB Mania win, and gives the Miz a deserved title run for all the work he's done with the IC belt, carrying the undercard, etc..

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I’m just gonna say this:

At summerslam the Miz should beat Daniel Bryan for 2 reasons

1) if Daniel doesn’t sign with the wwe it makes the Miz into a bigger star

2) Daniel does sign and you can build to a match where the Miz after beating Daniel takes the title from AJ and Daniel can win the rumble and take the title from the Miz

Beating Daniel Bryan won't make Miz into a bigger star. Miz is already a pretty big star in the company and in most fans' minds. I don't see how beating Bryan changes that when Bryan is not really protected all that much. I can understand the 2nd reason being good enough to go with it and I can also just see them doing that because WWE tends to book talent going out the door with losses and if it gives Miz a main event push, that's fine and works too but I just don't think it changes his star power any.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Miz winning round 1 also makes for a better story. Miz beats Bryan, brags about it, refuses to give him a rematch, goes on to win the title, dodges Bryan as much as he can, Bryan wins the Rumble, Miz can't run, Bryan wins the title at WM making his come back story complete and giving us the Miz vs Bryan payoff. It is so simple and effective, but Vince won't do it. We will probably get Orton vs a young boring muscle guy or something like that.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Beating Daniel Bryan won't make Miz into a bigger star. Miz is already a pretty big star in the company and in most fans' minds. I don't see how beating Bryan changes that when Bryan is not really protected all that much. I can understand the 2nd reason being good enough to go with it and I can also just see them doing that because WWE tends to book talent going out the door with losses and if it gives Miz a main event push, that's fine and works too but I just don't think it changes his star power any.

I don’t mean a bigger star cause he’s too 3 heel on raw/smackdown but he would be given that legitimacy to hold the title which needs to come off AJ soon as he’s been the title holder since November.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don’t mean a bigger star cause he’s too 3 heel on raw/smackdown but he would be given that legitimacy to hold the title which needs to come off AJ soon as he’s been the title holder since November.

I honestly don't think that AJ needs to have the title come off him anytime soon. He's doing fine in this run and nobody really has the momentum that makes it necessary for him to drop it to him. There are guys that it may make sense for a story to do it like Miz or Bryan or Joe or even Orton. But I'd like AJ to keep the title and win a title bout at Wrestlemania. I'd want to see Bryan-Styles at Mania with Styles retaining more than I'd want to see Miz-Bryan. I'd want to see a classic title match happen at Mania. It hasn't happened in many many years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Only thing I don't like about that is Joe doesn't win the belt off AJ but DB vs Mix for the WWE Title would be an amazing WM main event

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Only thing I don't like about that is Joe doesn't win the belt off AJ but DB vs Mix for the WWE Title would be an amazing WM main event

I like the story between Miz and Bryan but I just don't think that they will have a great match. Miz has so rarely shown that ability. I'd probably set it up to do DB-AJ at Mania with AJ winning and on the Smackdown following Mania, have Joe win the title off AJ just for the pop.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I like the story between Miz and Bryan but I just don't think that they will have a great match. Miz has so rarely shown that ability. I'd probably set it up to do DB-AJ at Mania with AJ winning and on the Smackdown following Mania, have Joe win the title off AJ just for the pop.

Miz, while not a great worker, has shown that he's good enough to be carried. It won't be DB's best match but I have no doubt he can carry him to a great match.

In my opinion at least.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hell, Miz and Bryan had a great match back in 2010 and Miz is a better worker now than he was then. They’ll have a great story here and will work off it, and Bryan will carry Miz.

Hell, Ziggler pulled a MOTYC out of Miz. Bryan can do the same.

If I were booking that would be my Smackdown title match for Wrestlemania.

I actually wonder what AJ Styles WrestleMania’s opponent will be
I’d go with Orton, Cena, Almas or an interbrand match vs. Rollins or Balor.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think they’d have a good match but I want them to put on a clinic for a title match and I’d love to see a 20 minute DB/AJ title match with a real build around who the best is at mania.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think they’d have a good match but I want them to put on a clinic for a title match and I’d love to see a 20 minute DB/AJ title match with a real build around who the best is at mania.
Only if AJ turns heel. Heel AJ was amazing. Don't really want another face vs face respect angle

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Only if AJ turns heel. Heel AJ was amazing. Don't really want another face vs face respect angle

I'd be down for it but I'd be down for that sort of face v face respect angle. If it's two quality wrestling faces it can work. The problem is when one of the faces isn't really over lol

But I'd be all for AJ doing the Club angle or some variation of it and having DB overcome that but the kind of match that would happen at Mania in that sort of story is different than the kind I'd want them to have.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Joe is bad, bad man. Please put the strap on him at SS

Do that and then do a Joe/DB feud. Have Joe go Super killer and cutting promos and Brie and Birdie telling them Dad won’t be coming home in one piece through out the feud.

If AJ is going to feud with heel Orton I rather it not be for the title. I just can’t do another Orton title run no matter what he is doing gimmick wise.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AJ vs Cena, Cena becomes the 17x champ. Roman finally doesn't main event a Mania.

Speculation is that if Rock is able to wrestle at WM, he’s going to face Reigns.

And they sure are going to close WrestleMania with Roman Reigns pinning The Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad