WWE: Smackdown Live 21 - The Shane O'Mac Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the vote will be legit, not a reason for it not to be. Whoever wins it though will beat Bob Roode and Charlotte, bc they can’t have Charlotte and Asuka match up.

Definitely seems to be the match WWE wants as they have Bob Roode and Charlotte saying that is exactly who they want to face.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
imagine someone wasn't communicating with someone and the dude booking MMC didn't know that Miz being pinned would still result in Asuka losing her streak and ended up booking that and the Asuka streak ends in front of 40k viewers on Facebook?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All they would have to do is pin the Miz and say that it doesn't count towards Asuka streak, but they've already established that it isn't the case.

They already ignore NXT house show matches where she didn't take a pin in tags where her team lost, even though they're counting NXT house shows as part of her streak. Likewise the battle royal she lost.

They still write whatever history they want you to think.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That was also before her undefeated streak was a thing.

It is now, and this is why she had to win the Rumble, and why she can’t lose random tag matches on Facebook either.

It puts a very public asterisk on their storyline.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That was also before her undefeated streak was a thing.

It is now, and this is why she had to win the Rumble, and why she can’t lose random tag matches on Facebook either.

It puts a very public asterisk on their storyline.
She lost while she was champion in NXT, so I'm sure the streak was already a thing at that point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She never took a pin, which is usually what WWE counts as being undefeated.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's what they should do, and it's what they've done with Lesnar, but they decided to tag take losses into account while ignoring the fact she already had one. It' not like it's surprising or anything, streaks are always terrible and complete messes unless they are heavily situational. Even Goldberg had clean singles losses in his streak long before they started to make up number for him.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
One thing I worry about, is that when they've ended streaks in the past they usually do it in the dumbest way possible. I seriously hope they don't do anything stupid with Asuka.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
That's what they should do, and it's what they've done with Lesnar, but they decided to tag take losses into account while ignoring the fact she already had one. It' not like it's surprising or anything, streaks are always terrible and complete messes unless they are heavily situational. Even Goldberg had clean singles losses in his streak long before they started to make up number for him.

Who beat Goldberg clean before the streak became a thing? I believe he lost some house show matches or dark matches before his official TV debut but I don't remember him losing after that until Starrcade 98.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who beat Goldberg clean before the streak became a thing? I believe he lost some house show matches or dark matches before his official TV debut but I don't remember him losing after that until Starrcade 98.

Goldberg’s numbers were also incredibly goosed. He went from like 18-50 in a week, and it was obvious house shows couldn’t realistically make up the difference.

I believe the actual numbers of Asuka’s streak is pretty accurate with the house shows.

It isn’t that big a deal either way. Every single number in wrestling is worked. I think there is Vince quote from back in the day where he says as much, though I think he was talking about how the 90 seconds between entries in the Rumble is never 90 seconds.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They had a 2:48 interval in this year’s Rumble or something.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Looking it up on Catematch, he lost after his TV Saturday Night debut to Chad Fortune in a dark match. But it was before his real debut a couple months later on Nitro. I thought there was another loss, but apparently not. I probably just remembering it wrong.

Once the streak became a thing to the writers he never lost for sure.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They had a 2:48 interval in this year’s Rumble or something.

It is a funny thing to note, but I never find it to be too big a deal. Usually it is good to space some out so big spots can breath.

What I don’t like about recent rumbles is their is zero kayfabe surprise over entrants anymore. It is plain as day that Cole has the order predetermined as he just spouts off facts the moment the music hits.

One of the best moments is Bobby losing his shit when Flair came out at three, and Gorilla giving him the business.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rusev and Lana are on Facebook pretending to be Jimmy and Naomi.

Rusev has a fake grill on, Lana is trying to dance and say they are Day Oneish feeling the glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad