WWE: Smackdown Live 21 - The Shane O'Mac Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WM is gonna blow

The issue I have is Raw/SD matching one another and there is only ONE match i care about on the entire card.

- Authority figures are in tag matches. Although I actually like the Shane one. I know i'm in the minority of that thought. I hope he picks someone that gets a great spotlight. Sami/KO are in a WWE "high profile" match.

- Raw/SD triple threats for pointless belts.

- 42 women's matches but the only one that matters is Asuka/Flair.

- Reigns/Lesnar is headlining :laugh: :( :( :( :(

- Cena vs. Taker who could barely move the last 2 years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The issue I have is Raw/SD matching one another and there is only ONE match i care about on the entire card.

- Authority figures are in tag matches. Although I actually like the Shane one. I know i'm in the minority of that thought. I hope he picks someone that gets a great spotlight. Sami/KO are in a WWE "high profile" match.

- Raw/SD triple threats for pointless belts.

- 42 women's matches but the only one that matters is Asuka/Flair.

- Reigns/Lesnar is headlining :laugh: :( :( :( :(

- Cena vs. Taker who could barely move the last 2 years.

Too many tag matches and triple threat matches and triple threat tag matches. I hate that they're trying to squeeze everyone into the show

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Too many tag matches and triple threat matches and triple threat tag matches. I hate that they're trying to squeeze everyone into the show

Yeah I like everyone gets a pay day. I am happy for wrestlers who make money. They put their heart, soul, and body into their art. But it's f***ing WM. If you don't make it, work harder. There is zero attitude in wrestling. Everyone gets a spot and it's so forced. Cena crying about missing WM. Nakamura/AJ talking about respect. Get the f*** out of here.

I want Flair to punch Asuka in the face and tell her the streak will be over. I want Cena to go take his spot at WM. I want Reigns off my television. :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don’t like Rusev jobbing to Bob Roode.

I honestly can’t justfy 8 hours of Mania for two matches in Asuka/Flair and AJ/Nakamura.

The IC Triple Threat should be fun, and if they do SAsha/Bayley and KO/Sami those would be fun but criminally short. Just not enough.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mixed match challenge is basically WWE after dark. Everyone just being weird an silly.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Don’t like Rusev jobbing to Bob Roode.

I honestly can’t justfy 8 hours of Mania for two matches in Asuka/Flair and AJ/Nakamura.

The IC Triple Threat should be fun, and if they do SAsha/Bayley and KO/Sami those would be fun but criminally short. Just not enough.
We're getting Shane & ??? vs KO/Sami

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Imagine the vote will be rigged for Boss Club to wrestle Roode/Flair.

I think the vote will be legit, not a reason for it not to be. Whoever wins it though will beat Bob Roode and Charlotte, bc they can’t have Charlotte and Asuka match up.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think the vote will be legit, not a reason for it not to be. Whoever wins it though will beat Bob Roode and Charlotte, bc they can’t have Charlotte and Asuka match up.
I havent been paying attention or know what the bracket is but I'd assume its gonna be Braun and Alexa vs Asuka and Miz for the finals right? with Asuka and Miz winning (due to Asuka)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I havent been paying attention or know what the bracket is but I'd assume its gonna be Braun and Alexa vs Asuka and Miz for the finals right? with Asuka and Miz winning (due to Asuka)
That’s next week’s semi final

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Really? It was pretty so-so imo.

Mid-to-late 2002-early 2004 was great.
Late 2004 sucked.
2005 was okay.
2006-2007 (Edge’s top push) was fun TV.
2008 was meh early, the Benoit murder-suicide sent the product into a tailspin and it became horrid. I stopped watching in late 2008 and heard horrid things from the Raw side for 2009, but 2009 SD was supposedly the best since the Smackdown 6 era.

I'd like to elaborate on that if I could

late 2002-early 2004 was the height of the SD! era and literally can't miss TV although I could've done without the constant succession of one heel manager after another whether it was McMahon to Heyman to Mr. Angle. JBL was a fantastic heel in retrospect but was unbearable to sit through. That reign went on way, WAY too long. Eddie should've won it back and lost it somewhere through those 9 months or maybe even Undertaker.

2005 about had me ready to kill myself because the SD! product took such a sharp nosedive by then. Cena went to Raw, we got stuff like Boogeyman, Palmer Cannon, the Dicks and Batista playing the role of the top guy on SD! when it should've been Benoit. Eddie dying derailed the entire thing man.... God I'll never get over that

2006 and the road to Wrestlemania was arguably the best few months SD! ever had. Again not to shit on Batista too much but his title was in forfeit and Angle basically rode into Smackdown like the white knight on his horse. For a few months it had a real "anything can happen" vibe. Especially with Orton entering the fray. And that match Angle had with Undertaker at No Way Out. Good GAWD King. 5 stars all the way. January to April 2006 was arguably the best SD! ever got since the big 6 in my opinion. But then once Angle left it was more Batista, KING BOOKAH and the year that entered like a lion went out like a lamb. God how I missed Eddie so much by then

2007 was the year of Edge. Undertaker mercifully winning it all at Mania 23. It wasn't a great year but it could've been worse. For all intent and purposes I'd rank it above 2005 but by then SD! was unwatchable on most nights

By 2008 WWE literally converted SD! to a feeder show for Raw and the likes of Vladimir Kozlov ruled the day. Like you I gave up watching full time. Over the years I basically caught Hardy vs CM Punk and his cult following, Morrison's face turn and Jericho blathering on about gelatinous, hypocritical parasites.

I tried again around 2011 after the pipe bomb but gave up at about the time the shield debuted and scant viewing followed. Only Wyatt really intrigued me until the brand split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad