Slumping Habs lose the lead again and the game 3-2

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
The post-game guys and Momesso on 690 were all saying how Chuck and Max aren't a fit at all. I really think they're out to lunch. The reason they haven't looked good is they aren't playing with Gallagher. Max and Chuck need someone to do the dirty work. Andrighetto won't work well in that role.

Andrighetto worked with Chuck because they had Lars doing the dirty/board work for them.

I really don't understand how guys who are supposed to be knowledgeable can't see this too.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The post-game guys and Momesso on 690 were all saying how Chuck and Max aren't a fit at all. I really think they're out to lunch. The reason they haven't looked good is they aren't playing with Gallagher. Max and Chuck need someone to do the dirty work. Andrighetto won't work well in that role.

Andrighetto worked with Chuck because they had Lars doing the dirty/board work for them.

I really don't understand how guys who are supposed to be knowledgeable can't see this too.

Put Weise then.

If it was good enough for Max-DD then if Galchenyuk is ready to be a top 6C he can do better right?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think Therrien was doing a pretty good job managing his roster but lately it's gone to crap. I don't mind Galch-Patch, but it just wasn't the right time to do it.
Plek-Patch
Eller-Galch-Ghetto
Weise-DD-Flash

That's our set up. It was working just fine. We had stability and chemistry.
He decided to kill that stability and chemistry in order to hopefully develop some more but it hasn't really worked.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Put Weise then.

If it was good enough for Max-DD then if Galchenyuk is ready to be a top 6C he can do better right?

I love how it's patience-patience-patience, and now, well, time's up, get it going already. :laugh:

The point of patience was to let him develop and once he's shown he's ready, then you give him bigger responsibilities no?..

For the record, I never argued he should center the top line. I wanted him to keep centering his line and get a couple of shifts extra on the Plek line as a winger with Max, creating a power line.
Not only does everyone keeps playing at their rightful spot, getting their minutes, but Galch also gets to play next to our best two forwards for a few shifts a game bringing his ice time up.

That was the sensible thing to do. Seemed so obvious to me. I don't know in what world moving our ppg center down to what looks more like a 3rd line was somehow supposed to help this team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DM panel last evening saying how Saturday's game against the Sens is an ideal time to use Tinordi, Sens being a physical team. They also considered the fact that the team is on a losing skid, which is usually when lineup changes are made.

Plus since the game is at home, MT can play match ups and use Tinordi in those sequences where he can be more effective.

All of them openly wondered what the team's plans were, no one could pinpoint specifically why Tinordi has not played. They understood that while the team was winning, there was an incentive not to break or tinker with, the lineup. They also considered that Tinordi's name has been repeatedly the object of trade talk, however, that Bergevin wants to make sure he gets maximum value for him and may be wary of making a mistake.

However, the situation in respect of lineup composition has changed. The DM panel agreed that if Tinordi doesn't get into the Sens game this Saturday, then he will not see another regular season game. This is a tailor-made game for Tinordi.

Based on the above, I'm inclined to think this week is make or break for Tinordi -- we may finally find out what is really going on.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I love how it's patience-patience-patience, and now, well, time's up, get it going already. :laugh:

The point of patience was to let him develop and once he's shown he's ready, then you give him bigger responsibilities no?..

For the record, I never argued he should center the top line. I wanted him to keep centering his line and get a couple of shifts extra on the Plek line as a winger with Max, creating a power line.
Not only does everyone keeps playing at their rightful spot, getting their minutes, but Galch also gets to play next to our best two forwards for a few shifts a game bringing his ice time up.

That was the sensible thing to do. Seemed so obvious to me. I don't know in what world moving our ppg center down to what looks more like a 3rd line was somehow supposed to help this team.

What are you talking about exactly? I didn't quote you and this has nothing to do with anything I said.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Put Weise then.

Works for me. However, lately I think Weise is forgetting what's made him successful. It's really sad that the Weise magic, from the beginning of the year, seems to have dried up.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Works for me. However, lately I think Weise is forgetting what's made him successful. It's really sad that the Weise magic, from the beginning of the year, seems to have dried up.

Luckily there's DSP too. He's not there right now but will be back before Gallagher obviously.

Nynja*

Max and Chuck need someone to do the dirty work. Andrighetto won't work well in that role.

Patch-Chuck-Eller

ITS SO CRAZY I KNOW

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
No Price no Gallagher shows how max pac is a great asset to have on a team but not a leader or a game breaker.

Pretty much this. He's gonna be a gamebreaker like 1 game on 10. That's not a leader on the ice.

Gallagher and Price are clearly the Leaders on the ice, Pac is a leader in the room tho no argument there.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Conversation between coach before last night's game.

'' hey guis, i have a great idea, let's put our 4th Dmen, Brolieu, on the healthy scratch tonight, leave Gilbert in and put Pateryn in against the Redwings who are known to be a speedy team. We won't need Beaulieu's speed and skillset at all. You guys agree? '' - Therrien.

:sarcasm::shakehead

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Subban's abysmal play deserves the most criticism in my eyes. Maybe its because I hold him to a different level than everybody else, but its embarrassing to see him play this way. It's not even the 1 goal that's the problem, its his overall lack of presence and the stupid decisions on the ice. Dont know whats wrong with him but if this team wants to simply survive until Price's return, Subban is gonna have to start playing like we all know he can.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I think Therrien was doing a pretty good job managing his roster but lately it's gone to crap. I don't mind Galch-Patch, but it just wasn't the right time to do it.
Plek-Patch
Eller-Galch-Ghetto
Weise-DD-Flash

That's our set up. It was working just fine. We had stability and chemistry.
He decided to kill that stability and chemistry in order to hopefully develop some more but it hasn't really worked.

It isn't Therrien's fault that Gallagher, Mitchell and DSP are out right now. That is a whole line worth of players.

So with so many call-ups Therrien is trying to find the right mix, but given what he has to work with I don't get how he gets all the blame.

Bergevin should be making a trade for a NHL caliber player right now.

mrcontractor*

You guys need to stop wondering what's wrong with the team. They are just back down to earth is all. We got a lot of scoring from our 3rd and 4th lines this year and that wasn't going to last forever. BG eventually coming back will help, but that's not what's going to put us over the top. This team is riddled with marginal AHL players trying to prove something and only one first line player in Max (which isn't even playing well). I laughed every time I read someone on here saying we were contenders. We were and never have been even close.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Subban's abysmal play deserves the most criticism in my eyes. Maybe its because I hold him to a different level than everybody else, but its embarrassing to see him play this way. It's not even the 1 goal that's the problem, its his overall lack of presence and the stupid decisions on the ice. Dont know whats wrong with him but if this team wants to simply survive until Price's return, Subban is gonna have to start playing like we all know he can.

Subban definitely needs to play better. But maybe we are not watching the same games.

Overall i think the team is playing well. The guys just can't score and the goalie are not making the big saves.

Our goalies gave 3 goals 5 of the last 6 games and their saves % is under 900. That's abyssal at best.

And the guys could not score a goal if their life depended on it.

The Subban-Markov duo could and needs to do better. But overall the main problem right now is we can'T score goals and even if Subban and Markov play better it wont change that.

Yesterday if the guys score on their multiples prime scoring chances (we had many many of them) everything would be alright. When i look at the lineup right now i'm sad to say it's not a 500 team.

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Subban definitely needs to play better. But maybe we are not watching the same games.

Overall i think the team is playing well. The guys just can't score and the goalie are not making the big saves.

Our goalies gave 3 goals 5 of the last 6 games and their saves % is under 900. That's abyssal at best.

And the guys could not score a goal if their life depended on it.

The Subban-Markov duo could and needs to do better. But overall the main problem right now is we can'T score goals and even if Subban and Markov play better it wont change that.

Yesterday if the guys score on their multiples prime scoring chances (we had many many of them) everything would be alright.

Boneheaded penalties don't help either. Especially when the game is going down to the wire.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This team has changed back into last years team but our savior is not there to save us. We never do well against Ottawa and with LA and San Jose on the way this could get ugly really fast.

I would give big mac the call and hope his physical presence can help us get our mojo back. It is times like these when the Brandon Prust and Ryan White types of players are very valuable and we no longer have that. People say that we don't need that type of player but I disagree, there are things that help a team win that never show up on the score sheet but make a big difference for the team.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
You guys need to stop wondering what's wrong with the team. They are just back down to earth is all. We got a lot of scoring from our 3rd and 4th lines this year and that wasn't going to last forever. BG eventually coming back will help, but that's not what's going to put us over the top. This team is riddled with marginal AHL players trying to prove something and only one first line player in Max (which isn't even playing well). I laughed every time I read someone on here saying we were contenders. We were and never have been even close.

lol. We get riddle with injury, go through a slump and all of a sudden we're not even close to centending. Ok there.

We are fine. I'm not the LEAST bit worried. In fact, I'm happy to see what's in the pipeline and I if we drop a little int he standings over the holidays so be it! We're well positioned to find our groove just in time for the playoff run.

Price, Mitchell and Gallagher are huge pieces of this team's core.

mrcontractor*

This team has changed back into last years team but our savior is not there to save us. We never do well against Ottawa and with LA and San Jose on the way this could get ugly really fast.

I would give big mac the call and hope his physical presence can help us get our mojo back. It is times like these when the Brandon Prust and Ryan White types of players are very valuable and we no longer have that. People say that we don't need that type of player but I disagree, there are things that help a team win that never show up on the score sheet but make a big difference for the team.

Of course it helps especially in front of the net. Did anyone see Byron get manhandled in front of the net yesterday ? lol

mrcontractor*

lol. We get riddle with injury, go through a slump and all of a sudden we're not even close to centending. Ok there.

We are fine. I'm not the LEAST bit worried. In fact, I'm happy to see what's in the pipeline and I if we drop a little int he standings over the holidays so be it! We're well positioned to find our groove just in time for the playoff run.

Price, Mitchell and Gallagher are huge pieces of this team's core.

If we were riddled with 1st line player injuries I'd agree but Mitchell and DSP will hardly make us win. BG will help obviously but again won't make us win. The only one that's injured that can make us win is Price. I know it's hard for Habs fan to admit that our team is not a contender, but that's reality.

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
Weise is Charmin soft. The GWG is mostly Pateryn's fault but if Weise had actually put even a modicum of effort into lifting Helm's stick it probably could've been avoided. He slowly saunters over then stops moving his feet and effeminately waves his stick in the air, if he had kept his legs churning he probably could've lifted Helm's stick. I can see why Tortarella scratched him all the time, guy thinks he's a superstar when he's just a floater with no skill who skates reasonably fast in a straight line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad