Slumping Habs lose the lead again and the game 3-2

mrcontractor*

But MB said you make trades when you are winning :popcorn:

If you listen to them, you can't make a trade when you're winning because it disrupts team chemistry. You also can't make a trade when you're losing because they see you coming a mile away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have no idea why Tinordi has not yet entered the line up. It's been 2 months. It's pretty ridiculous. If Bergevin wants to get the max value for him, he's not going to get it by leaving him on the bench. 2 months of not playing hockey...It's the equivalent of their summer training.
However, I don't think there's an ideal game for Tinordi. It's not because a team is more physical that it's an ideal fit.
The ideal fit is the worst teams of the NHL. Ideally, slower teams. Ottawa is a pretty decent team, won't be easy for the tin man.

To be fair, it wasn't just a matter of an ideal team to face (toughness factor weighs in), but an ideal situation -- home game, losing skid, all others on D having gotten a chance to play, a recent conditioning stint in the AHL. Add to that exemplary conduct and showing up at all optionals (as far as I can tell), his father not meddling this year, saying the right things.

Of course, there are never cut and dried outcomes, injuries do happen and you never know when that 8th D turns himself into a regular.

The timing is more than appropriate but even if he doesn't get in this week-end, still lots of games left and lots of variables that can impact. Look at Beaulieu, who would have thought he was going to be a healthy scratch yesterday.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Anyone who said he saw a silver lining in the injuries should stick his head in the toilet and flush twice.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think this is best time to acquire Boedker (plays both RW and LW + used to the grind mentality), put sulking Pacioretty back with Plekanec, play Andrighetto as much as possible to see what he has, keep Carr/Hudon in NHL until more players get healthy.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Andrighetto (struggling vets with rookie who is the hardest skating player on team right now. He's also placeholder for Gallagher)
Eller/Fleishmann - Galchenyuk - Boedker (Keep DD/Weise and Galchenyuk/Boedker as permanent duos while moving the LWs to see what works best)
Eller/Fleishmann - Desharnais - Weise (Keep DD/Weise and Galchenyuk/Boedker as permanent duos while moving the LWs to see what works best)
Carr/Hudon - Flynn - Byron (Kids that still have another year left before waiver eligibility getting a chance to show what they can do while we await Mitchell/DSP to get healthy)

Rookies have been good no doubt but they aren't good enough to spark this team. I think Boedker can be that guy, he's got the skill/speed/two way play to be the Petry-esque spark.

Trading for Boedker now would be a desperation trade and would cost about twice the price of at the deadline...see Vanek example...

Phoenix is still in playoff contention, and I'm sure still looking to sign Boedker, doubt they trade him without a "too good to pass up" offer...so our 1st and Scherbak.

At the deadline he(or similar player) will cost at most a 1st rounder to as little as a 2nd and a throw in asset.

Quite a difference. Plus, that's not taking into consideration that he would cost 2.5 mil of cap space today and only about 1.3 mil at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad