GDT: Slovakia vs. Denmark

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Pretty hopeless for Slovakia.

(They don't deserve to advance, anyway, and if they do, it will be due to unfair scheduling for Denmark, with their brutal back-to-back games – even worse than that: with an evening game followed by an afternoon game...)

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Finnish betting site gives a slight advantage for Denmark 2,32 vs. 2,42 but it is close. Both teams are good enough score some goals and neither team have played badly. Swiss are strong this year so Slovakia losing them is nothing to be ashamed of.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I don't keep my hopes up too much as a Slovak. Denmark would deserve to advance and if they don't they can legitimately blame it on terrible scheduling.

Reactions: Faterson

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Match of the day!

2-1 final score with lots of drama. No idea who wins.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I'm glad the TSN hosts don't pronounce Danish goalie in an English way lol.

Slovaks been controlling for the first minutes.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Those were 2 huge goals by the captain. We needed to score first and now it's the Danes who need to go on the offense. They didn't generate any of it outside the power play. We have been pretty dominant so far. Danes need to step it up, but I hope they won't.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
That second goal is the complete opposite of what you expect from Denmark. Needless turnover and blown coverage on the same play.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Those were 2 huge goals by the captain. We needed to score first and now it's the Danes who need to go on the offense. They didn't generate any of it outside the power play. We have been pretty dominant so far. Danes need to step it up, but I hope they won't.
The Danes look rather spent. I hope Slovakia just keeps pushing and doesn't try to go on the defensive.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
The game last evening is also hopeless planning for a final group game, we are skating in cement. We probably need Ehlers to do some magic to get something out of this

Not happy with the second goal.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Imagine this scenario:

Slovakia leads by 2 goals with 2 minutes left. What do you do if you are the Danish coach?

Do you pull the goalie and hope you can get the 2 goals to tie the game and secure the spot in the QF?

or

Do you decide it's too much of a risk because a 3-goal defeat will definitely put you out of the tournament? In that case you rely on France beating Canada, but you still have a chance after the final buzzer, albeit a slim one.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Imagine this scenario:

Slovakia leads by 2 goals with 2 minutes left. What do you do if you are the Danish coach?

Do you pull the goalie and hope you can get the 2 goals to tie the game and secure the spot in the QF?

or

Do you decide it's too much of a risk because a 3-goal defeat will definitely put you out of the tournament? In that case you rely on France beating Canada, but you still have a chance after the final buzzer, albeit a slim one.
Definitely number one. At least try and if you go out, you go out with honour. France beating Canada is highly unlikely.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Imagine this scenario:

or

Definitely number one. But as by now, it looks like a smooth win for Slovakia. Denmark looking too tired after the yesterday's game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Going well for Slovakia... agree with the sentiment that Dane's left it all out against Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad