GDT: Slovakia - Kazakhstan, Pool B; May 19, 2023

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Everyone likes the underdog :sarcasm:

Not a rocket science, Slovaks need one here.
I mean they have one of the youngest teams of the tournament, they have to cope without their imports, that's a tough situation and the way they play they somehow deserve to stay at the WC.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
"Kazakhstan got two goals out of their powerplays, and Slovakia didn't score on theirs. That's the difference right now". Thank you for explaining. Håkan Loob is the worst commentary guy of all time.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Assuming that Latvia advances to QF as #4 and USA wins group A, I don't see it impossible for Latvia to be in the semis. I don't see Latvia beating Sweden though if Sweden wins that group. USA has a history of playing bad in WHC playoffs, so basing my theory on history.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Assuming that Latvia advances to QF as #4 and USA wins group A, I don't see it impossible for Latvia to be in the semis. I don't see Latvia beating Sweden though if Sweden wins that group. USA has a history of playing bad in WHC playoffs, so basing my theory on history.
not sure what history are you looking at. To my knowledge Latvia hasn't won a single playoff game in their entire history. USA hasn't made the final, but they have a bunch of bronze medals in recent years.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
not sure what history are you looking at. To my knowledge Latvia hasn't won a single playoff game in their entire history. USA hasn't made the final, but they have a bunch of bronze medals in recent years.

We have been in QF once in last 10 years and have never been in semi, so yes.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

It's a fair point. I mean bad history vs bad history. Anything can happen. I'm quite confident that Sweden would beat Latvia though.

I think that USA will get one bad result soon. Either vs Sweden or in the QF. I've liked how USA has played so far.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Don’t worry guys Slafkovsky is going to come out and score 3 here in the third period :D

we haven't been able to score more than 2 goals in any game. And now we need 3 in one period
Technically all we need is 2, 1 point from this game sets us well since we have the tie breaker vs Latvia

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Don’t worry guys Slafkovsky is going to come out and score 3 here in the third period :D

Technically all we need is 2, 1 point from this game sets us well since we have the tie breaker vs Latvia
that's assuming Latvia doesn't get any points against Switzerland. We don't know what kind of motivation the Swiss will have in that last game. If the group win is secured by then, you never know.

Reactions: ellja3

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
that's assuming Latvia doesn't get any points against Switzerland. We don't know what kind of motivation the Swiss will have in that last game. If the group win is secured by then, you never know.
On the other hand Latvia may also lose with Kazakhs, they were not exactly dominant against Norway and Slovenia today.

But of course that would bring Kazakhstan into the play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad