WC: Slovakia 2023 Roster Talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I wouldn't be so sure. If SUI beats CZE, then they will have won the group and will have nothing to play for in their last game. At this point I think Latvia is more likely to make the QF. And let's not forget that we also need 6 points from the last 2 games, which is not a gimme either.
Although I agree there is absolutely zero guarantees, teams don’t tend to turn off or down the gear in games leading up to the QF. If anything it would be very dumb for Switzerland to play half ass and risk injuries or special teams falling out of sink.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
To sum it up: Slovakia doesn't deserve to advance to the play-offs, so good luck to the hosts (if we don't).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
guys, your thoughts on Kelemen? still no goals
The guy 18 points in 44 games in the Czech league last year, went on to score close to PPG in the playoffs and then 0,5 PPG in the AHL which is actually a very decent, steady progress. Having said that, not the progress of a high-scoring forward.

According to elite prospects, he has 8 in 35 games for Slovakia at the international stage which is a decent sample size. Good defensive instincts and takes up a lot of space, solid middle-6er for years to come but scoring not really his forte. Dare I say very similar to my favorite Slovak player Pavol Regenda but slightly lower ceiling, not as determined and worse hands around the net.

Reactions: aonb

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
guys, your thoughts on Kelemen? still no goals
Good hustle and physicality. Drives the net. Okayish hands, but not exceptional for a modern player.

IMO he can make the NHL as a regular. Think Kopecky.

Apparently Hrivik and Cehlarik had words with Hudacek after the game because of his missed empty net attempt (instead of just getting the puck out of the zone). Coaching staff needs to stay on top of this. We need them all.

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Hudacek (and his brother) always been toxic. I can't wait until someone (Dvorsky, Ruzicka, Mesar...) replace him.

Kelemen is fine. He plays physical and causes some trouble for the D men. Same for Regenda. They're not snipers though, it is difficult to expect them to carry them team goals wise.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hudacek (and his brother) always been toxic. I can't wait until someone (Dvorsky, Ruzicka, Mesar...) replace him.

Kelemen is fine. He plays physical and causes some trouble for the D men. Same for Regenda. They're not snipers though, it is difficult to expect them to carry them team goals wise.
What do you mean by "toxic" on Hudacek and his brother? Im really curious

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Why? Seems like program is on the upswing after years of decline.
Look at the results of the national team over the last several games even before the WC. It was terrible hockey, old players getting ice time when they clearly shouldn’t. In all honesty I think Ramsey is good as head coach, however there needs to be changes. Player selection and powerplay was absolutely terrible.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
This team is gonna crash and burn. I'm calling it now.
well, I was right, but they made me believe halfway through the tournament. Ultimately, we got killed by a 4 minute stretch in the game against Kazakhstan. Although there were a lot more other reason as well.

I didn't like some of the coaching decisions. Our offense sucked ass.

Goalies were really good on the other hand and that's a real positive.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Great goaltending. We couldn't buy a goal to save our lives.

And yes, that abysmal game vs Kazachstan broke our back. 51 shots on goal and we lose.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Craig is a great coach but we need different assistants. Fruhauf caused a chaos, terrible communication, bad selection of certain players, etc.

which players should have been on the roster? reway?
Tamasi was a mistake. Jedlicka, Dvorsky .... Maybe better IT for Chromiak, details like that

goosethecat

May 22, 2023
The amount of people hating on Switzerland and making conspiracies is insane. They should've fought harder to get enough points. Hopefully we'll get to the quarterfinals without relying on someone else next year.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
which players should have been on the roster? reway?
Maybe Dvorsky. No, not Rewag I guess.

In the last 10 WCH we finished 8th or 9th every single time except for 2017, when we finished 14th (I believe that was the infamous boycott of the NT). That's stupidly consistent. I guess that's kind of cool.

The amount of people hating on Switzerland and making conspiracies is insane. They should've fought harder to get enough points. Hopefully we'll get to the quarterfinals without relying on someone else next year.
Where do you guys even read all this? Facebook? With the demographics of that platform, I'm not surprised.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I cant wait for the moment when the older core of this team will be replaced with some new blood in 2-4 years.

I am thankful to all the players that had the time and energy to come and represent but seriously some veterans in this team just create drama talk shit and play nothing.

goosethecat

May 22, 2023
depends solely on him. Satan already said that if he wants to continue, they will extend the contract.
Oh ok. Cause I've heard Gaborik say something about Patrick Fischer possibly replacing him and I was like wtf? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad