WC: Slovakia 2023 Roster Talk

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I guess Slaf doesn't make it because of his injury.

For purely selfish entertainment reasons, I'd like to see as many NHL prospects in this one. Give me some Kelemen and Nemec (should be a lock),

Reactions: Czechboy

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022

For purely selfish entertainment reasons, I'd like to see as many NHL prospects in this one. Give me some Kelemen and Nemec (should be a lock),
Slaf should be okay to play mid april which is month before WC

Reactions: jcbio11

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Slaf will be healthy be that time. I’m looking also at Sykora again, I really liked him last WC and it would be fun to see his progression on the international stage

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
CEHLARIK​
HRIVIK​
CHROMIAK​
REGENDA​
RUZICKA​
POSPISIL​
LANTOSI​
DVORSKY​
KELEMEN​
DANO​
HUDACEK​
OKULIAR​

OR: MESAR, HOLESINSKY, TAKAC, JEDLICKA, SYKORA, KUDRNA

GERNAT​
MARINCIN​
CERESNAK​
KNAZKO​
KOCH​
MIKUS​
IVAN​
ROSANDIC​

RYBAR​
HUSKA​
HRENAK​

Rest NHL/AHL Play Off, SLAFKOVSKY injury or after injury, no way that Montreal will let him play.

yes, i know KHL goalies are not a posibility but they have nice numbers.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Dont you think that slovakian khl-players would participate?
Don't know. I personally hope they don't.

Plus to be honest other than the goalies they most likely wouldn't have made the line up anyway. And we're kind of stacked at the goalie position, we got guys who can play in other leagues.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Don't know. I personally hope they don't.

Plus to be honest other than the goalies they most likely wouldn't have made the line up anyway. And we're kind of stacked at the goalie position, we got guys who can play in other leagues.
stacked? I doubt that. Those goalies have little to none international experience. I am very worried about our goaltending if we can't use KHL goalies.

I hope the Canadiens let Slaf play. Another tournament at this level should help his development. If they don't let him play, he will be without competitive hockey for 9 months.

Would love to see Ruzicka and Chromiak at the tournament.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
stacked? I doubt that. Those goalies have little to none international experience. I am very worried about our goaltending if we can't use KHL goalies.

I hope the Canadiens let Slaf play. Another tournament at this level should help his development. If they don't let him play, he will be without competitive hockey for 9 months.

Would love to see Ruzicka and Chromiak at the tournament.
Agree. KHL forwards and defenseman are easily replaceable. But goalies, that's a different story. Unfortunately, nobody is on Huskas/Rybars level. We have to find some "no namer" like Laco in 2012. Somebody from SVK/CZ extraliga.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Agree. KHL forwards and defenseman are easily replaceable. But goalies, that's a different story. Unfortunately, nobody is on Huskas/Rybars level. We have to find some "no namer" like Laco in 2012. Somebody from SVK/CZ extraliga.

Branislav Konrad playing in the czech league has good stats this season. Not on Huskas/Rybars level though.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think they will decide to not send Slaf to the WC for 2 reasons:

1) After his weight balooned to nearly 240 pounds entering this season, not to mention the clear balance issues he displayed during various points, they will view this as an important off-season in the gym for him coming off the injury. The WC is almost a 1 month commitment and there is risk for another injury if he plays in it, especially since he would be entering the WC as a rusty player who will be coming in with nearly 4 months of inactivity and would be playing against a bunch of players who will be in a groove.

2) Kent Hughes last month said things like “we need to help him understand how he can be most successful in North America” and talked about step-by-step process to alter his muscle memory after playing on European sized ice rinks his whole life. I think they will determine that having him play for 3 weeks on European sized ice rinks will potentially be viewed as detrimental to that whole adaption to North American sized rinks process.

Reactions: Goodman68 and jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I m absolutly sure slaf will no go. Montreal will not let him go.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I actually thought Slaf would be a lock... lots of 19 year olds in their D plus 1 have played here...

Rantana, Kakko, Laine and JP come to mind. Power. I'm hoping Bedard does it before getting drafted too.

Great opportunity to develop and then hit the gym in summer.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
No chance for Maros Jedlicka? Only 20 and almost PPG in slovakian league...
There is a better chance that he will be in the first line than that he won't go to the World Championship. Although, many Slovaks would rather see Martin Chromiak in the 1st line.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I actually thought Slaf would be a lock... lots of 19 year olds in their D plus 1 have played here...

Rantana, Kakko, Laine and JP come to mind. Power. I'm hoping Bedard does it before getting drafted too.

Great opportunity to develop and then hit the gym in summer.
It's not about the age. If he doesn't go it's because of the circumstances I detailed above.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Branislav Konrad, Jaroslav Janus and Samuel Hlavaj.

How's that for our goaltending? Thoughts?
I am not a big fan of Konrad but we don’t have many better options. I’ve liked Matej Tomek this year and would take him. Personally I would take Konrad, Hlavaj and Tomek. And then see who heats up between Konrad and Tomek.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Branislav Konrad, Jaroslav Janus and Samuel Hlavaj.

How's that for our goaltending? Thoughts?

Question stays, if they will ignore KHL goalies. Rybar has potential. Huska ? Not very impressive in national team.

If yes, and the guys form KHL will stay at home, i think, we should move forward. Konrad isnt in such top form as it was.
There are not many options:

Tomek as Nr. 1
Hlavaj
Latkoczy

It all about the process, they started few years ago.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Question stays, if they will ignore KHL goalies. Rybar has potential. Huska ? Not very impressive in national team.

If yes, and the guys form KHL will stay at home, i think, we should move forward. Konrad isnt in such top form as it was.
There are not many options:

Tomek as Nr. 1
Hlavaj
Latkoczy

It all about the process, they started few years ago.
This is exactly the trio I'm expecting at the World Championship. The alternative for Hlavaj could be Rabcan, but I see more potential in Hlavaj.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00