GDT: Slovakia – Denmark

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Good result for Slovakia, they only need one point to officially qualify correct? They now have 12pts, which is the maximum Sweden can achieve, but then Sweden will have the head-to-head. So one point against either Sweden or Czech Republic they are qualified for sure.

Denmark is all but out now I think. They have one game remaining, Czech Republic and get a maximum of 11 pts. They can not pass Russia or Slovakia. Switzerland has 9 pts, but only has Belarus and Great Britain remaining, they will take at least 2 pts from those games which puts them out of reach (head-to-head). If they take all 3 pts vs Czech Republic, the Czechs will have 8 pts going into the Slovakia game and the Czechs will need 3 pts to pass Denmark. Then they will have to hope that Sweden doesn't take 6pts versus Slovakia and Russia. In short, after this game, the Danes have to be huge Slovakia supporters.

Yes, one point against SWE or CZE could secure the QF for us.

But if Sweden gets less than 3 points against Russia, we can make it even with the current 12 points.

Reactions: Czechboy

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
With this result it’s for Sweden more difficult to reach the although Slovakia still plays against the Czechs and Sweden.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

But if Sweden gets less than 3 points against Russia, we can make it even with the current 12 points.

Yes, Sweden has to take the full 12pts to advance, any point loss and Sweden is out. Sweden can still miss with 12pts, but there is no scenario where they qualify with less than 12pts

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
If Czechs wins against Denmark tomorrow and we lose to Sweden, it will be interesting. In game CZE-SVK would draw after 60min be ok for both.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If Czechs wins against Denmark tomorrow and we lose to Sweden, it will be interesting. In game CZE-SVK would draw after 60min be ok for both.
Agree, play the game and get out healthy. I’d still like to see Slafkovsky play with a scoring line and on the second PP unit. I wonder if Nemec stays out again tomorrow

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013

If SWE doesn’t win the 2 remaining games in regular time the quarterfinal is assured for Slovakia. Because it’s not very likely that CZE give away any points against Denmark. Slovakia and Russia always have 12 points. Switzerland will end qualification round also with at least 12 points I’m sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "Finnswiss18, příspěvek: 178349755, člen: 196105"] Pokud SWE nevyhraje 2 zbývající zápasy v základní hrací době, je pro Slovensko zajištěno čtvrtfinále. Protože není příliš pravděpodobné, že by CZE rozdalo nějaké body proti Dánsku. Slovensko a Rusko mají vždy 12 bodů. Jsem si jistý, že Švýcarsko ukončí kvalifikační kolo s minimálně 12 body. [/ QUOTE]

Sweden will not win against Russia, the Swedish team is too weak, especially in defense. In 2018 Sweden won the group match, but Sweden 's last victory before 2018 is from Prague 3-2, it was 2004.
My prediction is that Slovakia will not lose Sweden. Sweden then fires the coach and saves his hockey for the future. The Olympic Games are in 9 months and Sweden has to find a coach.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Well deserved win for Slovakia. Congratulations on securing the quarterfinal.

We are probably done, but we have taken a few small steps again in closing the gap between us and the bigger nations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad