GDT: Slovakia – Denmark

Nemo4

Jan 28, 2010
So apparently Rosandič and Pospíšil each got an additional one-game suspension? I mean I agreed with the calls on the ice but I don' know... this seems a bit harsh, doesn't it? Granted, I am not that familiar with the IIHF rulebook.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
So apparently Rosandič and Pospíšil each got an additional one-game suspension? I mean I agreed with the calls on the ice but I don' know... this seems a bit harsh, doesn't it? Granted, I am not that familiar with the IIHF rulebook.
Absoluely ridiculous and unacceptable. Sharangovich middle fingers our whole bench, gets nothing. Rosandic spits and gets 5min + next match suspension. And I don't think Pospisil deserved game suspension either..

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
That's just dumb with the additionally suspensions. You can make an argument for Pospisil, but the one for Rosandic is just dumb, especially given the Sharangovich incident. I mean we will miss Pospisil more than Rosandic, but still...

Nemo4

Jan 28, 2010
To play a devil's advocate in the Rosandič case, what may have contributed to the additional suspension is the current pandemic situation... I believe people are now pretty sensitive about this kind of stuff and with all the measurements IIHF had to take in order to make the tournament work... Yeah, players spitting on each other probably isn't something IIHF wants to see (whether it is intentional or not). Not that I agree with this, but I think it is understandable...sort of?...

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Great. Furthermore, we still don´t know whether Hrivik is able to play. So basically, It took one match to ruin the whole tournament for us, as usual. Sorry for my skepticism, but I don´t see us beating Denmark tonight. Hopefully, I´m wrong...

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Taking a guess at the replacements. Grman for Rosandic if he feels good already, otherwise Bucko.

Slafkovsky would be ideal to replace Pospisil on the 2nd line, if he is to play a top 6 role, this is the game I think.

I'd also love to see a reshuffle on the 4th line, Liska and Sukel were really underwhelming so far, but I don't see this happening.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

Great, the obssesion with Sukel and Liska is not over.

One thing Ramsay should do better is the matchups and shuffles during the game. His brainfarts in 2019 with Marincin protecting the lead/tie in the last 2 min against GER is hard to forget.
Also don't understand why not to play only best 6 D instead of 8. Have 13F/7D on the bench while use the spare F/D in case of injury/game penalty/benching only.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Great. Furthermore, we still don´t know whether Hrivik is able to play. So basically, It took one match to ruin the whole tournament for us, as usual. Sorry for my skepticism, but I don´t see us beating Denmark tonight. Hopefully, I´m wrong...

You are well rested and anxious to revenge the 8-1 match against Switzerland. Denmark plays back to back + the sixth match in 8 days (you have played 5 in 9 days) and you should definately have the advantage this late in the tournament. Hopefully Im wrong.....

Reactions: Hulide and Faterson

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia

One thing Ramsay should do better is the matchups and shuffles during the game. His brainfarts in 2019 with Marincin protecting the lead/tie in the last 2 min against GER is hard to forget.
Also don't understand why not to play only best 6 D instead of 8. Have 13F/7D on the bench while use the spare F/D in case of injury/game penalty/benching only.
I think it´s because of the style of play that he requires. Fast and active game with or without a puck, short time on the ice and quick changes. It´s pretty tough to do it with only 6 Ds.
You are well rested and anxious to revenge the 8-1 match against Switzerland. Denmark plays back to back + the sixth match in 8 days (you have played 5 in 9 days) and you should definately have the advantage this late in the tournament. Hopefully Im wrong.....
Yes, we had one day off, but I believe that the first goal will be crucial for this game. And if Denmark keep playing the way they did yesterday, it won´t be a convenient situation for Slovaks.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

I’d rather have Buc and Fasko-Rudas over them, at least they will not cost our team goals and turn the puck over every possession. I hope Studenic finally can get some points on the board today

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Absoluely ridiculous and unacceptable. Sharangovich middle fingers our whole bench, gets nothing. Rosandic spits and gets 5min + next match suspension. And I don't think Pospisil deserved game suspension either..
And nothing for Belarus player hitting one of the youngest players in the tournament from behind into the boards way after the puck was dumped into the zone. Unbelievable.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
FB_IMG_1622302090078.jpg

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Lot more changes than I had expected.

Suspended: Pospisil, Rosandic

Out: Nemec, Holesinsky, Sukel

In: Buc, Slafkovsky, Fasko-Rudas, Grman

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Mikkel Bødker is out again due to the stitches he received in the game against GB.

Line up:

J#NAMEPOS
32DAHM SebastianGK
30SOGAARD MadsGK
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LINE 1
22LAURIDSEN MarkusD
15LASSEN MatiasD
72MEYER NicolaiF
33JAKOBSEN JulianF
17JENSEN NicklasF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LINE 2
25LAURIDSEN OliverD
41JENSEN AABO JesperD
43HARDT NichlasF
40JENSEN JesperF
9STORM FrederikF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LINE 3
48JENSEN NicholasD
28KRISTENSEN EmilD
16ASPERUP MatthiasF
11TRUE AlexanderF
75FROM MathiasF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LINE 4
47LARSEN OliverD
10ANDERSEN NiklasF
38POULSEN MortenF
29MADSEN MortenF
95OLESEN NickF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: stastny12

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This has to be one of the premiere matches of the tourney... I have no idea who'll win. Slovaks are missing some key players, Danes are missing a key one too. Good luck to both... I'm guessing it goes to OT. No idea who wins. Danes defend great!

Reactions: Antiillafire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad