Slightly Early GOTY 2021 Discussion

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
What Sony games even came out this year? Ratchet and Clank and Returnal? I have a PS5 but haven't bothered to pick up either because R&C looks like the exact same game as the reboot and Returnal is a game id much rather play with keyboard and mouse.

As for the Halo beta not counting, unless the game somehow becomes infinitely worse upon release its still going to be the best multiplayer shooter we've had in years. I'd say the best since 2016.

Ratchet and Clank shows off the full power of the PS5 and it’s REALLY fun.

Kena Bridge of Spirits - A graphically beautiful, technically brilliant mechanics with a story that packs a HUGE punch. This is one of the best games Sony has ever made. Ever.

Deathloop - Amazing game that’s unlike any other.

Death Stranding: Director’s cut - Kojima took a new genre defining game, cut all the useless fat out of it. And made it even better.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Psychonauts 2 blew me away, and I adored Hitman 3. Those are my top two, but pretty sure Forza Horizon 5 and potentially Halo Infinite will take the top spot.
Well Forza Horizon 5 has met and possibly exceeded my expectations, so it’s probably that, but if Halo Infinite actually nails the campaign, I might lean that way because the multiplayer is fantastic.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Now that we are close to the end of the year and most games have been released.... Does anyone have their GOTY or top 3-5 games of 2021 list ready?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My list (I'm not including rereleases or ports):

10. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
09. Tales of Arise
08. Guilty Gear Strive
07. Deathloop
06. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
05. Death's Door
04. Psychonauts 2
03. Halo Infinite
02. Metroid Dread
01. Forza Horizon V

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
My top 5 is now..

1) Halo Infinite
2) Psychonauts 2
3) Forza Horizon 5
4) Hitman 3
5) The Artful Escape.

Halo has just been too much fun for me to ignore. Forza has been frustrating me since launch. Every week there are glitches in the festival playlist that don’t let you complete them, and online connectivity is still a mess at times. Other than that its great. Just thinking back to Psychonauts 2, and it was just pure joy from start to finish.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
1. Psychonauts 2
2. Halo Infinite (Multiplayer)
3. Forza Horizon 5
4. Resident Evil Village

It was a tough choice between the better artistic achievement in Psychonauts 2 and the endless replayability of Halo Infinite. I haven't been this into a multiplayer game since the days of Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 1. However I'm a huge sucker for the psychedelic style and themes present throughout Psychonauts 2 so I have to go with that.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I would like to play Inscryption if I can ever get a video card.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ratchet and Clank for me. Surprised at so many Forza mentions. It was a glitchy mess for me on PC. Beautiful game, and I had a lot of fun with it, but not GOTY quality to me. Multiplayer was pretty much unplayable.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to a digital exhibition being considered the greatest game if it's actually that good. I'm surprised that Radiohead thing is being put on that pedestal, though. I haven't played it, but I listened to the remastered double-album that spawned it and it struck me as super lazy/underwhelming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad