Recalled/Assigned: Slavin up, Kurashev down

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Really wholesome :). Nice family there.

Yes. Yes they are. Very very Christian family.

Got to know them very well billeting for the Steel.

Side note - Jaccob billeted with Jamie Faulkner when he played for the Steel. Now she's high up in the Hawks org. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Muffinalt

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Side note - Jaccob billeted with Jamie Faulkner when he played for the Steel. Now she's high up in the Hawks org. Pretty cool.
Praise Jebus!

Reactions: ray c

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Coming from someone who has a kid at a Catholic High School, and coaches a Catholic High School hockey team, why is this even remotely relevant?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Coming from someone who has a kid at a Catholic High School, and coaches a Catholic High School hockey team, why is this even remotely relevant?
Because another poster said described him and his family as very wholesome.

It’s front and center how they define themselves. Charitable works, etc.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Because another poster said described him and his family as very wholesome.

It’s front and center how they define themselves. Charitable works, etc.

Their religious denomination has absolutely no relevance towards the discussion. I hate when people reference someone's religion when talking about how "wholesome" someone is, as if that's the reason for it. Or has any bearing at all on how good a person someone is. If we were having this discussion, and I said they are a "very, very Muslim family" or a "very, very Baptist" family, do you now see how f***ing strange it is to bring a specific religion into this discussion? Associating Christianity with being "wholesome" is also so extremely naive.

Long story short, Christianity is no more "wholesome" than any other religion. It's not more "wholesome" than any other belief at all, even atheism, or agnosticism. So it's really f***ing weird that you referenced "Christian" specifically, instead of just saying "religious". Or, just agreeing, without bringing religion into the discussion to begin with?

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Their religious denomination has absolutely no relevance towards the discussion. I hate when people reference someone's religion when talking about how "wholesome" someone is, as if that's the reason for it. Or has any bearing at all on how good a person someone is. If we were having this discussion, and I said they are a "very, very Muslim family" or a "very, very Baptist" family, do you now see how f***ing strange it is to bring a specific religion into this discussion? Associating Christianity with being "wholesome" is also so extremely naive.

Long story short, Christianity is no more "wholesome" than any other religion. It's not more "wholesome" than any other belief at all, even atheism, or agnosticism. So it's really f***ing weird that you referenced "Christian" specifically, instead of just saying "religious". Or, just agreeing, without bringing religion into the discussion to begin with?
You are e very weird - and angry - person

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You are e very weird - and angry - person
He's right.

I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, or any other religion. Has absolutely no bearing on whether you or your family are in any way decent people.

Maybe the Slavin's are a good family. I hope so. But them being Christians or not shouldn't be a factor there.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Not hating on other religions means you hate Christianity? Yikes....

You don’t get it do you, he’s so triggered by Christianity don’t you see, who cares what people say about their religion it’s their religion, why would anyone be so bothered if Christian, Muslim or Jew said their religion is so wholesome or think their religion is better? Why is he so annoyed and angry, it’s cause he hates Christianity. It’s funny people can say what they want here make fun of Christianity and Christians and make fun of Jesus it’s cool but God forbid make any joke about Judaism or Islam or Hinduism, or insert any religion here and the political correctness police will come out to get you. Treat all equality respect all of them…

Reactions: Pertti

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You don’t get it do you, he’s so triggered by Christianity don’t you see, who cares what people say about their religion it’s their religion, why would anyone be so bothered if Christian, Muslim or Jew said their religion is so wholesome or think their religion is better? Why is he so annoyed and angry, it’s cause he hates Christianity. It’s funny people can say what they want here make fun of Christianity and Christians and make fun of Jesus it’s cool but God forbid make any joke about Judaism or Islam or Hinduism, or insert any religion here and the political correctness police will come out to get you. Treat all equality respect all of them…
This is going far from the topic of Josiah Slavin, so I'll keep this derailment of a post relatively short.

Not once has Pez shown to be 'triggered' by Christianity or any other religion. He's pointing out how strange it was for Backyard Hockey to point out Slavin's religious beliefs in order to help the claim that he comes from a good family. It's weird. And it would've been weird to bring it up if it was a different religion, too.

So stop feeling so oppressed. The US is overwhelmingly Christian. Hell, one of the two political parties in this country cater specifically to your religious beliefs. You're already getting special treatment, so stop acting entitled and pretending to be offended, and stop acting like Pez is offended; his posts come off very cool, calm, and collected. Much more than mine, if I'm being honest. And certainly more than this last post of yours.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
couple times yesterday thought slavin was actually hagel, probably a good thing, looks like he should be a solid bottom 6 player for this team

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Grow up.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

It must be exhausting to go through your daily grind of persecution as a white Christian male.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad