Slafkovsky vs. Nemec: better career?

Who will have the better career, Slafkovsky or Nemec?

• Total voters

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Watching some of the Habs Devils game.

So far, Slafkovsky and Nemec look like the best 2 players in the 2022 draft, so this makes for a good comparison.

Slafkovsky has matured a lot and is starting to produce playing with Suzuki and Caufield on the 1st line. I haven't watched Nemec much, but he has good reviews, Devils fans rave about him, and his "advanced stats" scorecard is very high.

The question is: which player will have the better career.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Just taking a guess, but i think Slafkovsky will peak higher, but Nemec will have the better prime.

Nemec seems like a more stable, calming presence that will age well.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think that Nemec is the safer choice but Slafkosky has the better potential

Right now, I think that the body of work of Nemec is better but Slafkovsky's last past month and a half have been outstanding

They were correctly drafted at 1 and 2, regardless of the order

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think that Nemec is the safer choice but Slafkosky has the better potential

Right now, I think that the body of work of Nemec is better but Slafkovsky's last past month and a half have been outstanding

They were correctly drafted at 1 and 2, regardless of the order

Probably the fairest take, the Devils were gonna take Slaf at 2 + apparently in love with him pre draft and wanted to pair him with Jack for the next MacK-Rantanen combo and they were looking for that power forward that summer and actually dangled #2 for Matt Tkachuk but apparently the Flames thought Gaudreau would stay in Calgary and kept Tkachuk for that reason until shit hit the fan for them. Then we turned around and took Nemec + traded for Meier to fill the power forward void.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Slaf 0 pts - 2 in last 3 games but had 6 goals 12 pts in the previous 8 games, impressive stretch

6 goals 18 points in the 50 other games of the season

I wouldn't try to do a re-draft right now, it's absolutely up in the air.

There's not just Slaf and Nemec, plenty of other good young young players

Look at the 2019 draft, who thought early that Boldy would probably be the 3rd best player in that draft?

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Slaf AINEC, close this one up
What?? How is it not even close? Nemec as a rookie is already a top defender & is looking amazing. He's averaging over 20 min a game and would have even more if Lindy Ruff wasn't so hell bent on having Luke Hughes on the top PP despite looking horrible on it. Nemec is going to be the true definition of a #1 dman when it's all said and done. A defender who can take on all the 5v5 minutes, be a top PP contributer & a penalty killer. A defender who can be put in any situation and succeed. He can play both offense and defense. Those are extremely rare.

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What?? How is it not even close? Nemec as a rookie is already a top defender & is looking amazing. He's averaging over 20 min a game and would have even more if Lindy Ruff wasn't so hell bent on having Luke Hughes on the top PP despite looking horrible on it. Nemec is going to be the true definition of a #1 dman when it's all said and done. A defender who can take on all the 5v5 minutes, be a top PP contributer & a penalty killer. A defender who can be put in any situation and succeed. He can play both offense and defense. Those are extremely rare.
Slaf >>>>

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
As a Devils fan, with how good Nemec's future is looking... i can now say I will still root for Slafkovsky to do well.

Absolutely wanted Slafkovsky at the draft, was surprised by a Nemec pick. But I'm happy with how he is turning out.

To answer the question? IDK. Slafkovsky has the size and attributes to be a difference maker. If he hits ceiling, I guess its him. But i think the safer bet is Nemec

... and Travis Green made him a healthy scratch immediately after taking over. WTF? :skeptic:

Travis Green has a history of making wise decisions clearly........

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
As a Hab fan, in a redraft I’d take Nemec 1st overall. Slaf #2.

Im no Kreskin here. I was upset when the habs didn’t take Wright, lol. I had Nemec around fifth

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Define "better". this question means different things to different posters. For example there is one poster who thinks it means "state your opinion as a fact when you don't watch one of the players you are being asked to compare" or "how your mother in law annoys the crap out of you"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad